Sponsored

Guide: How to remove doors, roof, fenders flares from 2021 Bronco (instructions)

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
Info summarized from Motorauthority.

Door Removal Instructions
  1. Begin by opening the windows of the doors to be removed
  2. Fold the mirrors forward to keep them out of the way
  3. Open each door then open the wire connector door on the jamb to release the wire connector.
  4. Place the optional door storage bags on the doors.
  5. Remove the lower hinge bolt then the upper hinge bolt with the included M10 hex tool (from the Bronco’s tool kit).
  6. Lift each door vertically and remove.
  7. The doors of the four-door model can be stowed in the cargo area.

Roof Removal Instructions
  1. Begin by removing the driver’s side front panel (it sits on top of the passenger side panel’s rubber gasket) by unlatching the flip latch at the outboard side of the front header.
  2. Twist the three remaining latches a quarter turn and lift off the panel.
  3. Remove the passenger side front panel by releasing the flip latch at the outboard side of the front header, then turning the remaining latches a quarter turn, and lifting off the panel.
  4. To remove the mid panel, unlatch the flip latch on both sides of the vehicle before giving the three rotating latches a quarter turn each. Lift off the panel.
  5. Remove the rear panel cap by first disconnecting the electrical and washer hose connectors, which are located on the inside the swing gate on the driver’s side. Remove the fastener at the top center of the roof using the included TP30 and socket wrench.
  6. Remove the eight fasteners along the beltline using the TP50 driver and socket wrench and lift off the rear panel.

Ford Bronco Guide: How to remove doors, roof, fenders flares from 2021 Bronco (instructions) 2021 Bronco roof removal instructions

Fender Flares Removal Instructions

To remove the Bronco’s fender flares should one become damaged, flip the fasteners on the inside of each flare a quarter turn then pull the flare directly away from the vehicle.

Ford said the flares can be removed in about 30 seconds apiece, while the roof and doors are considerably more involved. Still, the entire process should take less than an hour total.

Ford Bronco Guide: How to remove doors, roof, fenders flares from 2021 Bronco (instructions) 2021 Bronco fender flare clips removal
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bummer the 2 doors can't fit inside the approximately 4x2 foot space behind the passenger seats in the 2-door model. I guess the designed "door holder" either doesn't fit in that space OR they only made it for 4 doors (again, won't fit).

I bet the aftermarket will come up with something. Otherwise, I guess it is egg crate cushions and some bungee...

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fender flare thing is a nice touch. One less thing to damage and they should fit in the back easily. Should also help with mud cleanup.

The top instructions don’t cover the glass panel removal though.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bummer the 2 doors can't fit inside the approximately 4x2 foot space behind the passenger seats in the 2-door model. I guess the designed "door holder" either doesn't fit in that space OR they only made it for 4 doors (again, won't fit).

I bet the aftermarket will come up with something. Otherwise, I guess it is egg crate cushions and some bungee...
Are you looking to store the doors inside the vehicle? I guess I'd be nervous they'd bounce around too much in the back. I've taken my doors of my Wrangler plenty of times but always stored them in my garage.

Ford Bronco Guide: How to remove doors, roof, fenders flares from 2021 Bronco (instructions) IMG_1310.JPG

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad I'll have space in my Garage, can't wait for next summer going topless

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought there was description saying you can go from hardtop to softop with no tools? Maybe that was for the modular hardtop. Instructions are clearly for the non-modular.

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I predict fender flares will be stolen. A lot.
Ha Ha, my co-worker is considering a Bronco now after I got him to watch the reveal. I can see the pranks now when you go out to your car after work...

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ha Ha, my co-worker is considering a Bronco now after I got him to watch the reveal. I can see the pranks now when you go out to your car after work...
Almost worth it to pick up an extra set, paint them as rainbows, and stick 'em on somebody's truck.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought there was description saying you can go from hardtop to softop with no tools? Maybe that was for the modular hardtop. Instructions are clearly for the non-modular.
There's only 2 tops soft top and hardtop but hey each work differently per 4dr or 2dr. That was probably for a soft top model

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any information on the hollowed out doors seen on the Cyber Orange 2-door?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you looking to store the doors inside the vehicle? I guess I'd be nervous they'd bounce around too much in the back. I've taken my doors of my Wrangler plenty of times but always stored them in my garage.

Ford Bronco Guide: How to remove doors, roof, fenders flares from 2021 Bronco (instructions) IMG_1310.JPG
Florida has the perfect combination of extreme heat and rain.

I'd like the option of deciding which I want to do while on the road - rather than having to predict.

That being said, marine seats and rubber interior is a must.
Sponsored