Sponsored

Gun racks, lock boxs, CCW locations [⚠️ Admin Warning: No Policies / Politics Discussions]

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like the idea, but I plan to work with a buddy of mine who makes custom Kydex holsters to set something up for me...maybe an interchangeable mounting set up so I can swap out holsters/guns easily depending on what I feel like carrying. Alot will depend on available space to mount stuff also what's easily visible if and when pulled over...last thing any of us would want is to get pulled over and a cop sees a holstered firearm or worse yet an empty holster, then you have a nervous cop at your door...not a good thing.
That's pretty cool.
Here in NC I haven't had any issues. Several license checks and so on.
I just put my hands on the wheel with the window down. Officer comes to the window, I say "I have a concealed carry permit and license in my wallet on the same side as my firearm. How do you want me to proceed?"
They ask me to slowly with one hand unbuckle the seatbelt and get my wallet, I comply, no issues.
Maybe NY is different.
Most officers are pretty cool as long as you aren't giving them a vibe to be uncool. Being as upfront and respectful as possible go a long way in a tension-free exchange.
If I happen to have it on the magnet I will do similar.
Hands on the wheel. They approach, I let them know I have a permit to carry and the firearm is in plain sight there and will not move and I won't be touching it while I get them my license and permit.
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That's pretty cool.
I just put my hands on the wheel with the window down. Officer comes to the window, I say "I have a concealed carry permit and license in my wallet on the same side as my firearm. How do you want me to proceed?"
They ask me to slowly with one hand unbuckle the seatbelt and get my wallet, I comply, no issues.
Maybe NY is different.
Most officers are pretty cool as long as you aren't giving them a vibe to be uncool. Being as upfront and respectful as possible go a long way in a tension-free exchange.
Hands on the wheel. They approach, I let them know I have a permit to carry and the firearm is in plain sight there and will not move and I won't be touching it while I get them my license and permit.
Yeah downstate NY where I am we have restrictions on carrying so a Full Carry is rare, so cops aren't expecting too many full time ccws. But once they find out I am one, it usually becomes a thanks for letting me know and have a nice day convo.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah - that wouldn't fly here, and honestly it's an easy way to forget your gun in the car. Depending on seat bolsters and how that all feels I'll wait to decide if and how I'll need to adjust when driving.

I've never accidently left a gun in a car yet, not that it won't happen. Having it there has no more likely a chance to forget it than in the console or glovebox. The back of the passenger seat will be a good place for me to store it for longer trips. I'm not sitting for hours with it on my hip and I'm not too worried about a gun in plain site when my hands are no where near it. Our cops expect you to have a gun in the car and get suspicious if you don't. It's pretty rare I don't have something in plain sight anyway. Usually NFA too.

Gotta do what is best for you and your area though. Not every place is gun friendly.

Last edited:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's pretty cool.
Maybe NY is different.
I've gone through this scenario in my head also, but I would have my wallet/license out in my hands on the steering wheel. Saying this just made me think, hope my wallet does not look like a weapon as the office approaches.

Don't mention the carry permit unless he asks you to get out of the vehicle.

Always know the state laws if traveling across country?

Anyone a member of USCCA or similar organization?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One of the first things I noticed on one of the release vehicles was a hard molle panel attached to the back of the front seats by Bronco Screws. I don’t know if I’m violating forum rules by naming a company, but Grey Man Tactical sells rifle clamps and hard seat back molle panels. The clamps range from quick release to full locking models. Not cheap, but I like them.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've gone through this scenario in my head also, but I would have my wallet/license out in my hands on the steering wheel. Saying this just made me think, hope my wallet does not look like a weapon as the office approaches.

We are required to tell the officer as soon as possible if we have a CC license, even if the gun is not in the vehicle. For most, it's not that big a deal and they appreciate knowing up front.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In California, the locking device, box, etc. is legally required if the weapon is unattended in the vehicle even if the vehicle itself is locked.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have the Constitutional Carry Law here in Missouri, so thankfully we don't have to have any secret locations or locking boxes as we can conceal or open carry at any time. Rifles and rifle ammo have to be in separate locations in the vehicle but that's about it. We also are not required to inform law enforcement on the presence of a concealed weapon in the vehicle, but it is still best to do so as it can at least save you some headache. Missouri also recognizes all other state's permits.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Been thinking about USCCA, I'm an NRA Instructor and NYS Rifle & Pistol Assoc member. In NY especially downstate - Full Carry is ultra rare (implication is you "know" someone), so that gets handed over with drivers license and is generally welcomed and results in a "thank you sir, you have yourself a nice day"

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been thinking about USCCA, I'm an NRA Instructor and NYS Rifle & Pistol Assoc member. In NY especially downstate - Full Carry is ultra rare (implication is you "know" someone), so that gets handed over with drivers license and is generally welcomed and results in a "thank you sir, you have yourself a nice day"
I've been thinking USCCA also. Looks like a lot of features, training... Hope to God you never have to use the insurance.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've been thinking USCCA also. Looks like a lot of features, training... Hope to God you never have to use the insurance.
Hope not either - but one of my boys is an attorney - for the likes of WuTang Clan, ODB, Braylon Edwards etc...so I'm covered.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Quick question if you may. Besides your EDC do you also have other items (firearm, knife, pen...) in your vehicle while daily driving?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick question if you may. Besides your EDC do you also have other items (firearm, knife, pen...) in your vehicle while daily driving?
Ford Bronco Gun racks, lock boxs, CCW locations  [⚠️ Admin Warning: No Policies / Politics Discussions] F92F14B3-4A62-4DFC-8AC4-5F7849B877D6

Nope. Unless of course you count the knitting supplies.

Last edited:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Gun racks, lock boxs, CCW locations  [⚠️ Admin Warning: No Policies / Politics Discussions] F92F14B3-4A62-4DFC-8AC4-5F7849B877D6

Nope. Unless of course you count the knitting supplies.
That one was obvious. But you carry that all day everyday (or just to your weekly knitting club)?
Sponsored