Sponsored

Gun Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions]

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been giving this some thought too. I am planning on a 4 dr. I would like a locking floor mount box with a slide out drawer to mount in the back. The height should match the rise so when the back seats are folded down it is even. Secure storage for hunting long guns and easy access when back is fully loaded.
Looking for exact same thing. Something like this:

https://www.quadratec.com/products/24251_0002.htm

The height being even with the folded seats would be ideal.
Sponsored

Jamyers77

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know most are looking for rear storage, but this might be up someone's alley. It's a clean solution for molle storage at the drivers seat. I found them when researching Gladiator owners complaints about seat comfort.
Link
Ford Bronco Gun Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions] 1612903035061

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This brings memories back! Riding around with my father on trails in Maine in his 1983 Cherokee. Fun times. Always careful to avoid banging my head on the gun rack.

He had the kind that fit in with the window and was able to mount them on the rear side window. Maybe a possibility. Its where I want to mount my fishing rods. There or across the roll cage beams.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is a great idea and may be the only way to actually satisfy the laws for firearm transportation while topless where I live, unless there is room beneath the rear seats to bolt down a locking box? When the seat bottom flips up and the seat back folds down would there likely still be a gap underneath?

Ford Bronco Gun Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions] 1612903035061
Every time I see this picture I can't get over how they unbolted the doors the wrong way.

Back on topic... wouldn't that space disappear when the seats get folded flat?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Every time I see this picture I can't get over how they unbolted the doors the wrong way.

Back on topic... wouldn't that space disappear when the seats get folded flat?
Yes another member corrected me in a previous post - the 2-door folds the way I was thinking (probably have a gap left but can't access it because there's wall in the way) but the 4-door sinks completely down using up all of that space.

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pay attention to material types. The most widely used hobby 3DP plastic is PLA, and the lower end of its softening range can overlap the higher end of hot-vehicle-in-summer range. Materials that are suitable are definitely accessible, but maybe not a great first choice to someone new to printing.

Not an insurmountable obstacle, just something to plan for.

(On the bright side, you do have several months to get it all figured out.)

Pwn your tech!
This is very true, even in places that are not terribly hot in the summer (mid-West). PLA prints shrink and warp considerably in the car, even when fairly thick they "potato chip" fairly badly. PETT and PETG are quite a bit better, and not too hard to work with in printing (and, like PLA, the printing process is not too stinky). ABS is probably the best choice from a heat tolerance point of view for the filaments that are easy to use in the hobby printer. However it reeks when printing (smells like classic burnt plastic). The materials I would prefer to use (PEI) require exotic printing methods (very high temperature print volumes, etc) to print well, and are not really compatible with the home printers.
I would also not recommend using most hobby grade printed materials for something like a grab handle. They are just not that durable for the most part. As the shaped 'grip' part, they would likely be OK, but I would recommend something a lot tougher for the core of the part.
I am getting a base model, no console grab handle, and working on my ideas for my own custom grab handle. One thing I am looking forward to knowing for sure is the angle of that mounting surface (and the axis for the Bronco bolts) to see how much bend I need in the handle structure

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
You wont even need your own 3D printer. Just the model. You can get the printing done outsourced. I even see 3D printers available at the UPS store near me. I’m a mechanical engineer and I already have Solidworks for 3D design. Once I have the Bronco I can work up some design ideas.
If you are confident in your design, you can order from a couple of places online, and get things in more exotic materials (Carbon Fiber loaded plastics, even metals). However, this is unlikely to be the budget friendly option (especially metals).

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats also how I understood it. It looks to form a cage that’s only accessible when the rear gate is open.

On my Jeep, the interior electric lock buttons are disabled after a few minutes, so even if you leave the top off, as long as you remembered to lock the vehicle, someone can’t open the rear gate without a key/key fob.

This may or may not meet your requirements for secure storage, but implemented correctly it’s quite a clever solution. Basically gives you a lockable trunk when you’re driving around without a top.

or unless it has a true box shape to it - you can get to it when you folder the seats down. :)

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

or unless it has a true box shape to it - you can get to it when you folder the seats down. :)
The one we’ve seen in the back of the overland concept had a back to it to prevent gaining access by dropping the seats.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thats also how I understood it. It looks to form a cage that’s only accessible when the rear gate is open.

On my Jeep, the interior electric lock buttons are disabled after a few minutes, so even if you leave the top off, as long as you remembered to lock the vehicle, someone can’t open the rear gate without a key/key fob.

This may or may not meet your requirements for secure storage, but implemented correctly it’s quite a clever solution. Basically gives you a lockable trunk when you’re driving around without a top.
Apparently this is an accessory, although it looks quite tall and possibly not long enough to butt up to the inside of the rear door when it's closed, although that would be silly if its came that close and did not.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently this is an accessory, although it looks quite tall and possibly not long enough to butt up to the inside of the rear door when it's closed, although that would be silly if its came that close and did not.
Yeah. That's the Security Drawer. It has its own intrinsic lock and it alone would count as a "lockable case."

I was talking about this cage that utilizes the actual rear hatch as the locking door.

This is the item that's in the back of the Overland concept. You can see the 3-walled design that the rotopax are mounted to.

Ford Bronco Gun Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions] 20201205_163917

Ford Bronco Gun Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions] 195B54FC-4DF7-4D2B-9C2E-9B31A0092C58-760x570[1] a

OP
OP

Farm8265

Badlands
First Name
STAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 350 KING RANCH, 2017 VOLVO T90,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d like to find something like this for hunting. I won’t know what’ll work until I can measure everything, but I hope for a ceiling mount solution.

Ford Bronco Gun Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions] 195B54FC-4DF7-4D2B-9C2E-9B31A0092C58-760x570[1] a
Need something like this for easy access, for Predators.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah. That's the Security Drawer. It has its own intrinsic lock and it alone would count as a "lockable case."

I was talking about this cage that utilizes the actual rear hatch as the locking door.

This is the item that's in the back of the Overland concept. You can see the 3-walled design that the rotopax are mounted to.

Isn't that also listed in the accessories catalog? (Noth the one circled in yellow...)

Sponsored