Sponsored

Gun Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions]

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used this Gum Creek handgun mount (BYO holster) in my previous vehicle for years before I accidentally drove the truck into a lake. Really, it's just woven nylon strap w/a tensioner and some rubber coated hooks on either end. Mounts directly under the steering wheel and it out of the way from your knees. Not sure if it would work w/the Bronco's design, though.

51gi7plQimL._AC_.jpg

Here's the link (no affiliation):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CJUT62M/?tag=tgz1-20
Sponsored

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone found a good solution for a shotgun or long rifle? Today was opening day and I was not ready. I need a space that will accommodate three kids and a dog.

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where are you guys that carry putting you pistoles? Looking at easy reach convenience and out of sight. I haven't come up with a real good solution yet.

Thanks,

Salt

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are you guys that carry putting you pistoles? Looking at easy reach convenience and out of sight. I haven't come up with a real good solution yet.

Thanks,

Salt
I haven't found a good solution for my Glock or SW M&P 40. I bought one, but it sucks so I never installed it. So, I just ride dirty with it in the cup holders :) Or in my holster.

Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s something that I can add or modify with this platform to accommodate a rifle(s)?
https://puravidaoffroad.com/

If you provide input/requirements, Iā€™m happy to look into it.
Ford Bronco Gun Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions] E3B6CAAF-5E2A-4C4B-9F28-376B37405CBD

Last edited:

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks,

Salt
On my hip or concealed shoulder holster. It's the only solution I have found in several decades of carrying that deals best with all of my needs. If I'm going somewhere I can't carry the gun stays home. The problem with mount in the vehicle is walking away from it. I will not leave a weapon in an unattended vehicle, even in a "safe." For me, supervision of the gun is 100% of the time.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On my hip or concealed shoulder holster. It's the only solution I have found in several decades of carrying that deals best with all of my needs. If I'm going somewhere I can't carry the gun stays home. The problem with mount in the vehicle is walking away from it. I will not leave a weapon in an unattended vehicle, even in a "safe." For me, supervision of the gun is 100% of the time.

Rarely carry on the hip any more. Usually have my Hill People chest bag either on or close by. It works well driving, mountain biking, hiking, running, etc. Plus it's a good place to put my keys, phone, or radio. Hiding in plain sight.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone found a suitable holster for the molle panel on the back of the front seats? There is a slight arc to the seat that wouldn't let my knives mount properly. I was only able to attach my Leatherman so I was thinking it may be a good fit for a G 19.

20220130_160140.jpg
Run a horizontal holster on each seat. Passenger seat = driver firearm. Driver seat = passenger firearm. Practice the draw so as to not ā€œflagā€ your traveling partner. I do prefer hip holsters for handguns. Iā€™m considering grayman seat backs with rifle clamps to deal with long guns since I ended up with Big Bend.

Everyone needs to check out gunmount.com. Affordable seat back options compared to greyman. Special bonus for the front passenger compartment that your traveling partner is certain to hate, but Iā€™m sure there are those here that wonā€™t care.

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do I need to register this as a trailer, or do you think that I can just roll without a plate?

Ford Bronco Gun Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions] IMG_20230122_133217

It never had a VIN and not sure that it qualifies as a vehicle trailer vs a hitch attachment.

Ford Bronco Gun Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions] IMG_20230122_133208

In other news, I installed my soft top and I think that I am ready for spring break somewhere in Europe this year.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do I need to register this as a trailer, or do you think that I can just roll without a plate?

Ford Bronco Gun Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions] IMG_20230122_133208

It never had a VIN and not sure that it qualifies as a vehicle trailer vs a hitch attachment.

In other news, I installed my soft top and I think that I am ready for spring break somewhere in Europe this year.
Freaking love it!

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a small 38 special in the center console in a pocket holster. Don't think I'd want to leave my handgun out in the open. Used to keep a Glock 17 in my F150 center console but the Bronco just doesn't have room for it.
I just installed the Console Safe on my Bronco. Iā€™m able to thread a G19 in its paddle holster into and out of the safe. This protects the trigger from accidentally becoming involved. Iā€™m going to be very clear about my opinion of the console safe. The little combination thumb wheels that need to be manipulated require anything but gross motor movements. Even with a lot of practice, I canā€™t see getting to the firearm and extracting it under any level of stress. The console is a place to temporarily keep the firearm if you canā€™t take it with you. If it is needed quickly, there are other options in this thread.

TRDFurgesson

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr WT Lux, '22 Mach 1 HP, '92 Toyota 4x4 P/U
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Appendix IWB would be my recommendation. Keep that leather bolster in good shape.
Sponsored