Sponsored

Guys...I "bleed blue" as much as anybody but 2021 bronco is not a serious wrangler competitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved a 2dr Badlands right after the reveal (as quickly as I could get the badly broken ford website to do so). But I have to admit at this point I am NOT AT ALL exited about this new bronco...and I bleed blue. I'm finding myself coming up w/bs excuses to not cancel my order and buy the thing. Here's my issues:
#1 IFS. Who asked for IFS? Someone explain to me HOW an IFS truck competes w/jeep in any way?
#2 Turbos. Ya I realize this is the way the wind blows at ford these days, but really? Another ecoturd hoverdiesel?
#3 Front diff. Are we seriously going to ape the HORRIBLY UNRELIABLE split diff that GM cursed the world with 30 years ago and add lockers?
#4 Electric lockers. Unless there has been a REVOLUTIONARY innovation in the world of electric lockers they are JUNK!
#5 THE #MANSQUATCH DEBACLE! Well covered in other threads, but when I saw a shift knob w the letter "C" on it I forgot all the other issues and was READY TO BUY! Now I find out that I have to figure out a DIYsquatch to complete the truck as I had envisioned it...thanx ford!
#6 GOAT modes. 25 years to think about it and this is what they came up with...GOAT modes? <FACEPALM!>

All told I will probably STILL buy the thing because it says BRONCO on it. But I feel as if it should say HYUNDAI SANTAFE on the tailgate. Would save me $50k
Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol

Pcpacker

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t bleed blue at all. In fact my only other Ford I had made me vow that would never buy another one. The eco-boost was a disaster. So I agree with you that I wish It had a naturally aspirated motor. Other than that the rest of those things donā€™t bother me.

Sponsored

bossing

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff...
Your Bronco Model
Base
My take is Ford didnā€™t want to exactly copy the Jeep Wrangler blueprint.... they went ā€œoutside the boxā€ so to speak.

IFS for road worthiness and higher speed off road excursions (aka baja-like) therefore this isnā€™t iust another Wrangler-like boulder crawler.

Ecoboost, diffs, e-lockeds, GOAT modes, etc... I personally have no problems nor major concerns with. My ā€˜17 Raptor literally has the same or similar features and 50k miles on it now and Iā€™m still very happy with its performance on & off the road.

I think the new Bronco is a winner from design to features to pricing... so if those 5 Bronco-specific items really irk you, then why not just get a Wrangler?

Status
Not open for further replies.