Sponsored

Guys, I think my wife just talked me out of my Badlands build... And into a Wildtrak

To switch or not to switch? That is the question.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, wife and I sat down side by side and measured my ideal Badlands build against a Wildtrak build. She then, being the smarter of us, pointed out that an equally equipped Wildtrak comes in $100 cheaper than my ideal Badlands build.

Then she raised a couple of valid points:

1.a - You're getting older. Are you really going to be doing extreme rock crawling? The answer was, "No, probably not."
1.b - Then you really don't need the front axle disconnect. "Hmm, I suppose you have a point there."
2.a - You want to take the Bronco to Utah. What will we encounter there, mostly? The answer, "Sand. Mostly."
2.b - Right, and we really just want a vehicle that's capable enough to get us where we can WATCH people doing the extreme stuff. "That's true."
3. - And East Texas? "Oh, dirt, brush, cows... I see your point."
4.a - You drove me to my high-school graduation in an A-Frame Dunebuggy. "That's right. I did do that."
4.b - So, I'm looking for that kind of experience again. You plan to deliver? "Hell, yes!"
5 - We're getting a second Bronco in a few years. Sport, Truck, or Badlands. You decide. "Hurrrrrrr....."

Then she showed me this picture:

Ford Bronco Guys, I think my wife just talked me out of my Badlands build...  And into a Wildtrak vehicle

She pointed out, "It'll be a finished project. No need to paint, no need for aftermarket upgrades. Take all that extra you'd spend and save it for upgrades on the next Bronco. And if that doesn't get here fast enough, instead of buying me the Bronco Sport, I'll just drive this and we'll get you the biggest baddest Badlands you can find."

I feel like I've been outfoxed here.

I'm still very into the idea of customizing a year one Badlands just the way I like it. But, she makes some valid points.

What do you guys think?
Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, wife and I sat down side by side and measured my ideal Badlands build against a Wildtrak build. She then, being the smarter of us, pointed out that an equally equipped Wildtrak comes in $100 cheaper than my ideal Badlands build.

1.a - You're getting older. Are you really going to be doing extreme rock crawling? The answer was, "No, probably not."
1.b - Then you really don't need the front axle disconnect. "Hmm, I suppose you have a point there."
2.a - You want to take the Bronco to Utah. What will we encounter there, mostly? The answer, "Sand. Mostly."
2.b - Right, and we really just want a vehicle that's capable enough to get us where we can WATCH people doing the extreme stuff. "That's true."
3. - And East Texas? "Oh, dirt, brush, cows... I see your point."
4.a - You drove me to my high-school graduation in an A-Frame Dunebuggy. "That's right. I did do that."
4.b - So, I'm looking for that kind of experience again. You plan to deliver? "Hell, yes!"
5 - We're getting a second Bronco in a few years. Sport, Truck, or Badlands. You decide. "Hurrrrrrr....."

Then she showed me this picture:

Ford Bronco Guys, I think my wife just talked me out of my Badlands build...  And into a Wildtrak vehicle

She pointed out, "It'll be a finished project. No need to paint, no need for aftermarket upgrades. Take all that extra you'd spend and save it for upgrades on the next Bronco. And if that doesn't get here fast enough, instead of buying me the Bronco Sport, I'll just drive this and we'll get you the biggest baddest Badlands you can find."

I'm still very into the idea of customizing a year one Badlands just the way I like it. But, she makes some valid points.

What do you guys think?
first off your wife sounds awesome. second id go with what she says thats more time to save and have way more options and aftermarket support.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol this is some Ford guy trying to act like the wildtrak interior isnt hideous.
You can just eat a dick salad sandwich for that jab, boy-o. I'm no Ford shill.

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you shown her the sandstone interior?
I have. That's really one of the sticking points for me. I really want the MGV. But realistically, I'm okay with the Leather upgrades.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have. That's really one of the sticking points for me. I really want the MGV. But realistically, I'm okay with the Leather upgrades.
That's pretty much the main reason I moved to Badlands. If your wife likes it, then all is good though.

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's pretty much the main reason I moved to Badlands. If your wife likes it, then all is good though.
I just don't like the black MGV. I've been thinking about going with WT and then neoprene seat covers, but I still want the rubber floors, so will probably stick with BL

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base

....take all that extra you'd spend and save it for upgrades on the next Bronco. And if that doesn't get here fast enough, instead of buying me the Bronco Sport, I'll just drive this and we'll get you the biggest baddest Badlands you can find."

What do you guys think?
THIS is the real plan.

She wants the WT.

You get a Badlands later.
Plan on it.

Happy wife, happy life.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on being the first person on my ignore list.

Baby Jesus on a Kite String! What am I looking at?
That right there is the Wildtrak sandstone interior in leather (with blue accents for the Wildtrak trim).

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol this is some Ford guy trying to act like the wildtrak interior isnt hideous.
That right there is the Wildtrak sandstone interior in leather (with blue accents for the Wildtrak trim).
Mine eyes, they doth bleed!

That's pretty freakin' horrible. I can do something about that... Right? I mean... Damn, that's ugly.
Sponsored