Sponsored

Guys, I think my wife just talked me out of my Badlands build... And into a Wildtrak

To switch or not to switch? That is the question.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a fan of the two tone. Having one single color for the entire interior is bland and cheap. Mixing it up makes it interesting. Although I suppose some people will want it, I don't think a single color shared on grill body roof fenders and interior will be a very popular option.
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a fan of the two tone. Having one single color for the entire interior is bland and cheap. Mixing it up makes it interesting. Although I suppose some people will want it, I don't think a single color shared on grill body roof fenders and interior will be a very popular option.
Yeah, I'm just messing with you. I actually like it too but not a fan of the combination that comes along with it - gloss black dash and blue accent pieces.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I'm just messing with you. I actually like it too but not a fan of the combination that comes along with it - gloss black dash and blue accent pieces.
Yeah the blue accent is weird. It should match the body color

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree! The good thing is those accent pieces should be easy to swap out for other colors later.. but the blue stitching is there to stay.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I bet it took her somewhere around a "New York shinny minute" to convince you. I know you held out as long as you could. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I bet it took her somewhere around a "New York shinny minute" to convince you. I know you held out as long as you could. :ROFLMAO:
I'm still holding out, and I think I may have talked her down off the WT. Remains to be seen. Indecision 2021.

redcatcher27

Wildtrak
First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does the accent match the body color in the Badlands? Only if you get an orange bronco...
That's too loud for me. But hey, to each his own.

I was initially torn between BL and WT. I actually love the WT leather colors, and think everyone that talks about how horrible it looks is off their rockers. The lighter dash will certainly be cooler. I love the contrast between the colors, and the accent color is just that - an accent to draw your attention there for a hand hold or to adjust a vent. So its blue? I would've preferred green, but at least it isn't orange!
I love that the WT has a sport mode that the Badlands doesn't.
I really tried to think of a time when I would need to disconnect a sta-bar, and I just couldn't come up with one for my intended uses - high-er speed off-roading, hunting, fishing, and towing things in mostly Georgia and Florida.
My only reservation about the WT is it doesn't come with a steel rear bumper. But I'd rather add something later that I think I will need than have something that I will never need.
'Just my humble opinion. Again, to each his own.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, wife and I sat down side by side and measured my ideal Badlands build against a Wildtrak build. She then, being the smarter of us, pointed out that an equally equipped Wildtrak comes in $100 cheaper than my ideal Badlands build.

Then she raised a couple of valid points:

1.a - You're getting older. Are you really going to be doing extreme rock crawling? The answer was, "No, probably not."
1.b - Then you really don't need the front axle disconnect. "Hmm, I suppose you have a point there."
2.a - You want to take the Bronco to Utah. What will we encounter there, mostly? The answer, "Sand. Mostly."
2.b - Right, and we really just want a vehicle that's capable enough to get us where we can WATCH people doing the extreme stuff. "That's true."
3. - And East Texas? "Oh, dirt, brush, cows... I see your point."
4.a - You drove me to my high-school graduation in an A-Frame Dunebuggy. "That's right. I did do that."
4.b - So, I'm looking for that kind of experience again. You plan to deliver? "Hell, yes!"
5 - We're getting a second Bronco in a few years. Sport, Truck, or Badlands. You decide. "Hurrrrrrr....."

Then she showed me this picture:

vehicle.jpg

She pointed out, "It'll be a finished project. No need to paint, no need for aftermarket upgrades. Take all that extra you'd spend and save it for upgrades on the next Bronco. And if that doesn't get here fast enough, instead of buying me the Bronco Sport, I'll just drive this and we'll get you the biggest baddest Badlands you can find."

I feel like I've been outfoxed here.

I'm still very into the idea of customizing a year one Badlands just the way I like it. But, she makes some valid points.

What do you guys think?
I personally think, like Rubicon for Jeep, the sway bar disconnect will always hold it's value better over time and warrant the best resale. Not sure what wildtrack even brings to the table. You can put pretty much get everything in the wildtrack in a badlands as well, but can't put the sway bar disconnect into the wildtrack. BTW, moab is mostly sandstone if that's the utah you are going to visit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No manual and no soft top option on the Wildtrak. All BL for me.

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, wife and I sat down side by side and measured my ideal Badlands build against a Wildtrak build. She then, being the smarter of us, pointed out that an equally equipped Wildtrak comes in $100 cheaper than my ideal Badlands build.

1.a - You're getting older. Are you really going to be doing extreme rock crawling? The answer was, "No, probably not."
1.b - Then you really don't need the front axle disconnect. "Hmm, I suppose you have a point there."
2.a - You want to take the Bronco to Utah. What will we encounter there, mostly? The answer, "Sand. Mostly."
2.b - Right, and we really just want a vehicle that's capable enough to get us where we can WATCH people doing the extreme stuff. "That's true."
4.a - You drove me to my high-school graduation in an A-Frame Dunebuggy. "That's right. I did do that."
4.b - So, I'm looking for that kind of experience again. You plan to deliver? "Hell, yes!"
5 - We're getting a second Bronco in a few years. Sport, Truck, or Badlands. You decide. "Hurrrrrrr....."

vehicle.jpg

She pointed out, "It'll be a finished project. No need to paint, no need for aftermarket upgrades. Take all that extra you'd spend and save it for upgrades on the next Bronco. And if that doesn't get here fast enough, instead of buying me the Bronco Sport, I'll just drive this and we'll get you the biggest baddest Badlands you can find."

I'm still very into the idea of customizing a year one Badlands just the way I like it. But, she makes some valid points.

What do you guys think?
I was trying to settle into a Big Bend as it had most of what I wanted and I'm basically fugle. My wife simply said she wanted leather with power seats stating it was a must if she ever needed to drive it. So I have jumped up to the Outer Banks and adjusted to the price in my head. The truth is she was right and knows me better than I do. I wanted the Roast seats, 12 screen and everything else in the high package. I will just be happier everyday that I drive it and she of course knew this. Thank You Kim!

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

vehicle.jpg

What do you guys think?
She has very valid points and like the way she thinks. There are other factors to consider in the equation such as interior and vehicle weight. I really like the MGV seats and floor plugs for washing out mud.. I suspect that the upgraded HD bumper, rock rails, and bash plates on the BL will change the ride quality and possibly the mpg as well. If I didn't plan on needing the most off road capable vehicle, I'd definitely be looking at a different trim.

BPMANAZ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tell her to kindly not cloud the issue with facts and bring up that if there ever is a Zombie apocalypse, you’ll damned sure wish you had a sway bar disconnect when your slogging over a mountain of freshly mowed down flesh eaters.

...and then go order the damned Badlands!!!!

That’s My defense and I’m sticking to it.
Sponsored