Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Report the Android auto issues to your dealer. That way Ford can look into it and release a software update to fix it.
I just want to echo this statement. both issues can be fixed be software updates that can be delivered OTA after they are investigated by Ford. Ford needs to know about these things though!
Sponsored

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The lack of crossbar might just provide enough room for a full size hammock going lengthwise... I will definitely be trying it!!
Feels like there’s definitely an opportunity to make a lengthwise one for Bronco! I’m pretty tall and can’t imagine finding this comfortable, but it looks like maybe it could work with only the front panels removed and might just be worth a shot for twenty something bucks?

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Feels like there’s definitely an opportunity to make a lengthwise one for Bronco! I’m pretty tall and can’t imagine finding this comfortable, but it looks like maybe it could work with only the front panels removed and might just be worth a shot for twenty something bucks?
I don't hate this idea... I'll still need a pop-up-bug-net-tent-thing...
Of course... I'm getting a 2 door...someday. And no soft top. Maybe it isn't in the stars for me after all. But I'd expect to see something like this sooner or later.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome, love that you got out camping in it so soon. Hope to see more of your adventures, and others as well. Love the Skycamp RTT on the other vehicle, considering the Mini for my 2-dr Broncol.

Thanks for sharing!

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From 1st post to front page. Not bad. Big things will be expected of you, grasshopper.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fulano

Fulano

Big Bend
First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There's going to be some great after market tent set ups that can take advantage of the open roof with no cross bar. Im sure Ford is betting on that since the center console clearly has "No Step" stamped on the back of it.

Glad you enjoyed the post.

Awesome, love that you got out camping in it so soon. Hope to see more of your adventures, and others as well. Love the Skycamp RTT on the other vehicle, considering the Mini for my 2-dr Broncol.

Thanks for sharing!
Eve

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I picked up my Big Bend 4d 2.7l soft top (affectionately named the Ghost Pony) on Tuesday (shipments have finally made it to the West Coast) and promptly took it for an overnight this weekend. I hadn't fully pulled down the soft top prior to the trip, but thought this would be a good occasion. Also thought that I'd like to take advantage of the beautiful night sky while sleeping in the back, but wasn't interested in getting eaten up by mosquitoes. So I used an old bug net and some tent poles that I had and turned the Ghost Pony into a perfect screened in sleeper.

Prior to leaving town I had also built a simple platform to make cargo section level with the height of the folded down back seats. This allowed for a fairly flat surface with which to lay. I'm 5' 10" and sleeping diagonally I was able to make it work, but might be a bit tight for anyone taller.

See the video here on the removal of the top (first attempt) and the screen install.

PXL_20210725_180243931.jpg

This is the simple platform (3" high). I plan to add a small drawer underneath and wrap the edges with pipe insulation to protect interior plastic panels of the cargo area..

PXL_20210725_002741471.jpg
PXL_20210725_154737643.jpg

The sealing windows worked perfect with the screen to hold it in place.

PXL_20210725_003342183.jpg

Pretty comfortable to sleep inside, but getting out was a bear. I hope there will be an after market solution for an tailgate door latch so that you can open it from the inside. I had to squeeze out of the driver rear door.

PXL_20210725_060132458.NIGHT.jpg

After the trip, I now more love this vehicle than I thought I would. So fun off road. The trail turn assist is a blast too. But did notice some glitches that wanted to see if anyone else has had:

- after turning it off, the system repeatedly attempted to activate a door lock somewhere at random intervals. I thought it was going to do it all night and therefore keep me awake, but it stopped after 30 min or so. It made no difference if the vehicle was locked (via fob) or not.

- the android auto interface froze several times during the trip. The navigation still worked, it just none of the onscreen buttons worked. Only way to get it working was turn turn off the vehicle.

Hope you find this helpful.
Man how delightfully clever is that little tent pole hack there. Brilliant, and I am absolutely stealing that idea.

Thanks for the heads up on the Andriod Auto freezing (and just the post in general). Hopefully they'll have that little kink updated/worked out by the time I even get a build date lol.

ToddPhil

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Helpful hack, sew some magnets into the bug net and it will stay tight on the frame without having to use the doors and such. Great to see the platform, I plan to do the same just waiting to see what storage I can do under. If it's only 3", that's gonna be tight but looks good.

OP
OP
Fulano

Fulano

Big Bend
First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great to see the platform, I plan to do the same just waiting to see what storage I can do under. If it's only 3", that's gonna be tight but looks good.
I found that the space is limited, but my shovel, hatchet, and levelling blocks all fit with room to spare. Another trick I may try on the next outting is use a rubber shoe tray as a drawer of sorts rather than building one. Then I when I get to my destination, I can just pull the tray out and use it as a door mat in and out of the vehicle.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent name choice. I've been kicking around the idea of naming mine Capall Taibhse, Irish Gaelic for Ghost Horse

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fulano

Fulano

Big Bend
First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Excellent name choice. I've been kicking around the idea of naming mine Capall Taibhse, Irish Gaelic for Ghost Horse
Ghost Pony was coined by my camping buddies last year as they joked that the elusive Bronco would never appear.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The lack of crossbar might just provide enough room for a full size hammock going lengthwise... I will definitely be trying it!!
that would be mind-blowing

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had to look closely, because at first glance of the main picture, I thought we were seeing the first wrecked Bronco... Everything looked a little messed up...
Glad you got it worked out to camp and had a blast!

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that's the way to use a Bronco. But I'm old, and haven't slept outdoors since God invented the Holiday Inn. :)

Oh, and as far as the door locks. It may be because the system recognizes the FOB is still in the truck, and it unlocks automatically. Just a SWAG (scientific wild ass guess). The screen I'm not sure about.

Welcome to the forum Esteban. Keep posting pics of your adventures.
So just get that compressor and an air mattress the back or those are actually pretty big

sirvegetable

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP, was sleeping relatively comfortable in that space? I see you went diagonal. How tall are you? Platform looks pretty easy to build, thanks for the photos!
Sponsored