Sponsored

Had a VIN with MIC since April. Any way to switch to a soft top?

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So this has been a major disappointment since I received a first build date of 6/14. Pushed back 8 times now. Current date is unofficially 9/27.

Is there anyway to switch my order to a soft top? I am highly skeptical Ford will be able to build a viable hard top this year and I have a feeling come November we’re gonna get another “hang in there!” Email with more production issues.
Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at the bright side. If there are more issues, like most of us expect I could totally see @Ford Motor Company starting to cancel vins.... Merry Christmas have fun starting over and welcome to 2023!!!

Ps I'm in the same boat. First build date was June 14th, now sept 20... And we already know the sept builds didn't age well... BL, 2.7, high, mic. No idea what to do at this point and my dealer is giving me grief over wanting to buy an available stock unit right now without giving up my vin slot thats tied to me and my custom order. Because let's face it... Faith that it'll actually get built at this point is slim... No you can't have my reservation. Just sell me the available bronco for now and don't worry about mine till it's on the train to me. I'll have money for it too when the time comes.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So this has been a major disappointment since I received a first build date of 6/14. Pushed back 8 times now. Current date is unofficially 9/27.

Is there anyway to switch my order to a soft top? I am highly skeptical Ford will be able to build a viable hard top this year and I have a feeling come November we’re gonna get another “hang in there!” Email with more production issues.
Maybe. Call your dealer.

Sean492

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang Boss 302 and 2011 Ford F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same... June 14th, July 6th then August 7th. In Canada we have had no communication at all from Ford and the dealer knows little about the current situation, thinking that any hold ups are still attributed to the chips.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same... June 14th, July 6th then August 7th. In Canada we have had no communication at all from Ford and the dealer knows little about the current situation, thinking that any hold ups are still attributed to the chips.
For the Bronco it is definitely not the chips. It is the MIC hardtop. Since we were assigned VINs wayyyyy before there were any rumblings of production troubles we weren’t even given the chance to switch to a soft top.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Scheduled in mid-may here.

If the world made sense, Ford would reach out to us and offer us a deal to switch to soft top. This is not going to happen.

This means that none of us are going to get our MIC top Broncos any time soon. We have been pushed to the back of the 2021 line, and anyone who can switch to soft top over the next few weeks are going to be pushed ahead of us.

This isn't a joke or sarcasm. Those of us who ordered MIC and have VIN's, even if it is already built but waiting in the storage yard, will not see our Bronco's until November. Mark my words, and I hope I am wrong. I am just reading between the lines and applying logic.

If this truth is dashing your hopes, welcome to my boat. The sooner you adjust your expectations the better. Just go ahead and get in that mindset, ignore the next couple of "Your order has been delayed" emails and expect November delivery.

Only thing you can do about it is cancel, and why would you? You are going to get a Unicorn car. You are going to have a 2021 MIC top Bronco. One of 10,000, tops. (pun intended)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Scheduled in mid-may here.

If the world made sense, Ford would reach out to us and offer us a deal to switch to soft top. This is not going to happen.

This means that none of us are going to get our MIC top Broncos any time soon. We have been pushed to the back of the 2021 line, and anyone who can switch to soft top over the next few weeks are going to be pushed ahead of us.

This isn't a joke or sarcasm. Those of us who ordered MIC and have VIN's, even if it is already built but waiting in the storage yard, will not see our Bronco's until November. Mark my words, and I hope I am wrong. I am just reading between the lines and applying logic.

If this truth is dashing your hopes, welcome to my boat. The sooner you adjust your expectations the better. Just go ahead and get in that mindset, ignore the next couple of "Your order has been delayed" emails and expect November delivery.

Only thing you can do about it is cancel, and why would you? You are going to get a Unicorn car. You are going to have a 2021 MIC top Bronco. One of 10,000, tops. (pun intended)
End of the year is too hopeful in my eyes.
They literally worked on the design of this particular hardtop for awhile. They could barely manufacture the current tops to satisfactory quality now they are going to implement new tooling and a new process?

For all of the broken promises so far, Ford has completely lost my trust in their ability to actually do what they say they are going to do.
Q2 of 2022 is my guess when they’ll have the hardtops figured out.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hell if you ever find out, tell them to give me your hard top... I'd gladly wait til October/November/early December, if I knew for sure I'd be getting my Bronco with a hard top by then.

Btw, I'm a 7/15 res with no VIN, so that might not work 🤷‍♂️ but I'd do it for that guarantee 😁

Mike Zike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acadia Denali ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe. Call your dealer.
They said in the round table if you have Vin for MIC you cant switch because the deadline has passed and it would cause further delays but we have heard lots of things since we ordered

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They said in the round table if you have Vin for MIC you cant switch because the deadline has passed and it would cause further delays but we have heard lots of things since we ordered
Call your dealer.

OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Call your dealer.
I asked my dealer but I don’t think they would even entertain trying since they know orders can’t be altered after a VIN is assigned. Is there something I’m missing or need to tell them?
Sponsored