Sponsored

Had a VIN with MIC since April. Any way to switch to a soft top?

OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They said in the round table if you have Vin for MIC you cant switch because the deadline has passed and it would cause further delays but we have heard lots of things since we ordered
There are ways around it, right? Disconnect the VINs from our reservation. Put in a new build. Do they HAVE to build an assigned VIN? Just scrap it and assign a new one. Probably too much work for them to do, so they would rather just keep us in limbo for 6 to 8 months with no definitive answers.

Being First in line for builds ended backfiring as we couldn’t modify our builds as constraints bubbled up. Very frustrating.
Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I asked my dealer but I don’t think they would even entertain trying since they know orders can’t be altered after a VIN is assigned. Is there something I’m missing or need to tell them?
Tell them to do it in the ordering system and see if it goes through.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just FYI I risked it and changed my personal build (had vin since april) to a soft top on thursday. Showing in WBDO (ford order system) with the soft top and updated my build week to Aug 30th. No idea if it will actually work but its still showing soft top and the build week changed from sept 20th to aug 30th so....

Now lets just hope I didnt plunge my build into the netherworlds and mess it up lol

Last edited:

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just FYI I risked it and changed my personal build (had vin since april) to a soft top on thursday. Showing in WBDO (ford order system) with the soft top and updated my build week to Aug 30th. No idea if it will actually work but its still showing soft top and the build week changed from sept 20th to aug 30th so....

Now lets just hope I didnt plunge my build into the netherworlds and mess it up lol
Hope that works out for you, I have been thinking of changing mine -adding SAS mainly. Right now the scheduled VINs have crappy build dates anyway, I wonder if it would really change much. You should be able to kill the order and VIN if it hasn't been built yet, especially if it is months out. A fresh order, with a clean build, and a strong res. date and position in dealer allocation should still have a good chance of getting scheduled.

OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

So you have a VIN and you were able to get your dealer to change it to a soft top?

Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you have a VIN and you were able to get your dealer to change it to a soft top?
Yes I have a vin but I am a sales manager at a Ford dealer so I changed it myself.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am running the risk that changing it messes up the order and Ill have to get a 22 MY. I spoke to the scheduler for our area and she says its showing soft top. This is a risky experiment.

OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am running the risk that changing it messes up the order and Ill have to get a 22 MY. I spoke to the scheduler for our area and she says its showing soft top. This is a risky experiment.
I personally think the risk is worth it.

who knows if this improved hard top will actually be viable before MY22 production starts anyways.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally think the risk is worth it.

who knows if this improved hard top will actually be viable before MY22 production starts anyways.
[/QUOT
Im mostly worried about delivery time of the people with VIN's but not produced. We will get the last of the 21's built and I would bet wont take delivery until late in Q1 of 2022. And it will be a 2021 MY.

LAbronco

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Ford Mustang, Bronco Base 4 Door VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was able to change color after a vin. Not sure about the top.

Sponsored

LAbronco

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Ford Mustang, Bronco Base 4 Door VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is your production status?
In production 8/5. Waiting on it to change to built/shipped. Very few shipped from the week of 8/2, we can’t figure out why. My build week was the same before and after I changed the color. My sales rep thought it might delay it, but it didn’t.

edit: from what my rep told me you can make changes before you have a window sticker. After I don’t think it’s possible.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another update. Got scheduled a build day of Sept 1st. Fingers crossed 🤞

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My sales manager was able to switch my VIN assigned MIC to a soft top!
NICE MAN!!!! Now maybe we can get these things built and start enjoying them. Let me know if you get a build date. They are going to do some more scheduling this thursday.
Sponsored