Sponsored

Had a VIN with MIC since April. Any way to switch to a soft top?

OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
UPDATE - My order was "sent to plant" today. Should have my window sticker and invoice available tomorrow ish.

Edit - Window sticker/invoice in the system today. I think this might actually happen.
Nice!
So you never got an email from Ford updating you on your final build week, correct?
Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice!
So you never got an email from Ford updating you on your final build week, correct?
That is correct. Just looked into the WBDO ordering system to see the updates. No emails sent to me since I changed it from MIC to soft top.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this has been a major disappointment since I received a first build date of 6/14. Pushed back 8 times now. Current date is unofficially 9/27.

Is there anyway to switch my order to a soft top? I am highly skeptical Ford will be able to build a viable hard top this year and I have a feeling come November we’re gonna get another “hang in there!” Email with more production issues.
You may just be the king of The Run Arounds.... congrats?
And seeing as you do not have a DP yet, here you go @Science4Lyfe !

Ford Bronco Had a VIN with MIC since April. Any way to switch to a soft top? RunaroundKING

Last edited:

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wish I would have known about this 5 months ago, now I'm just holding on tight to MIC and riding the wave. Good luck to you two! Keep us posted

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE - My order was "sent to plant" today. Should have my window sticker and invoice available tomorrow ish.

Edit - Window sticker/invoice in the system today. I think this might actually happen.
You should be Produced by 9/2 based on what happened with mine.
Delivered mid September?

Of course mine never made it past 6/30 Produced! It was “Go Directly to Dirt Mountain”

Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should be Produced by 9/2 based on what happened with mine.
Delivered mid September?

Of course mine never made it past 6/30 Produced! It was “Go Directly to Dirt Mountain”
Yea my build date is 9/2. I'm hoping mid sept delivery. I am over driving my miata daily. Sold my Ranger back in June when my original build date was.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Little update. Got this last night.
Ford Bronco Had a VIN with MIC since April. Any way to switch to a soft top? BUILT.JPG

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's awesome. Glad our gamble worked out!
I celebrated too soon. They pushed my build back all the way to 11/15. I’m really on the fence now about getting this vehicle. Sit on it a few days. I would be a first time Ford customer but I will likely need a vehicle sooner rather than later. Unfortunate, but it has been a major disappointment to have been strung along for months now especially considering I have been sooo close to my build date so many times before getting delayed. It has been super frustrating and I am beginning to not like how they are handling the scheduling. Honestly right now, I am kind of pissed off.

Sponsored

_bxt

Badlands
First Name
BA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang/F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll switch with you... no build date in sight here.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I celebrated too soon. They pushed my build back all the way to 11/15. I’m really on the fence now about getting this vehicle. Sit on it a few days. I would be a first time Ford customer but I will likely need a vehicle sooner rather than later. Unfortunate, but it has been a major disappointment to have been strung along for months now especially considering I have been sooo close to my build date so many times before getting delayed. It has been super frustrating and I am beginning to not like how they are handling the scheduling. Honestly right now, I am kind of pissed off.
Man that sucks. Im really surprised they pushed your build back so far considering you are a soft top now.

It appears they got the MIC figured out way faster than I expected. We will see if it pans out.
Sponsored