Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you find fuel in your cabin I'd suggest you bail.

I'd rather have the 2.6 since I don't wanna drive a 4 cylinder slug. *watches @Rick Astley's blood pressure skyrocket*
We'll since my autocorrect doesn't mention fuel and I'd say the building up of a cabin would be a good thing.

*Carbon
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you find fuel in your cabin I'd suggest you bail.

I'd rather have the 2.6 since I don't wanna drive a 4 cylinder slug. *watches @Rick Astley's blood pressure skyrocket*
Had assumed he meant carburetor, not cabin.

My 2006 Evo put down 540 all-wheel-horsepower to the wheels with a 2.0 ltr 4-cylinder turbo on stock internals. Although it only may 408 HP to the wheels with the stock turbo. And it could do that all day long. It was sooooooooo slow, only capable of beating stupid Porsche 911's and other stupid slow cars. Cylinder count is the ONLY measure of a motors capability, AM I RIGHT!!!!!

Besides, the argument for larger motors is about street performance, which is CLEARLY what Bronco is going for when your 95:1 crawl ratio is only putting down HP to the ground at a rate which is only limited by traction and no other factors.

But I get it, I truly do. You want to put down LESS power to the ground with your V6. It's TWIN turbos are magically twice as reliable and less of a strain on a motor with only one turbo. And every time you drive it, you're constantly bombarded with blowjobs being thrown at you from every street corner as members of both sexes yell out with lust in their loins "Is that the Bronco with 47 extra cubic inches???? I would totally go down on 47 extra cubic inches!" (shotgun blasts and eagles heard in the background as you out-America all of America in your small-displacement V6 Bronco)

Ford even saw fit to enable said blowjob throwing by not putting any badges on the car to identify your Bronco as the ball-drainingly powerful V6,

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Had assumed he meant carburetor, not cabin.

My 2006 Evo put down 540 all-wheel-horsepower to the wheels with a 2.0 ltr 4-cylinder turbo on stock internals. Although it only may 408 HP to the wheels with the stock turbo. And it could do that all day long. It was sooooooooo slow, only capable of beating stupid Porsche 911's and other stupid slow cars. Cylinder count is the ONLY measure of a motors capability, AM I RIGHT!!!!!

Besides, the argument for larger motors is about street performance, which is CLEARLY what Bronco is going for when your 95:1 crawl ratio is only putting down HP to the ground at a rate which is only limited by traction and no other factors.

But I get it, I truly do. You want to put down LESS power to the ground with your V6. It's TWIN turbos are magically twice as reliable and less of a strain on a motor with only one turbo. And every time you drive it, you're constantly bombarded with blowjobs being thrown at you from every street corner as members of both sexes yell out with lust in their loins "Is that the Bronco with 47 extra cubic inches???? I would totally go down on 47 extra cubic inches!" (shotgun blasts and eagles heard in the background as you out-America all of America in your small-displacement V6 Bronco)

Ford even saw fit to enable said blowjob throwing by not putting any badges on the car to identify your Bronco as the ball-drainingly powerful V6,
Oh boy thats bad ass, how is it that no one comments on the fact that there 2 turbos and related system on the 2.7 ? To me thats 2 times the stuff to fail i would rather put a catch can on the 2.3 and ket it ride?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Oh boy thats bad ass, how is it that no one comments on the fact that there 2 turbos and related system on the 2.7 ? To me thats 2 times the stuff to fail i would rather put a catch can on the 2.3 and ket it ride?
Look, the argument "2.3 is an overworked motor and turbo charged, which is a huge negative" only works if you pretend the V6 is NA and somehow capable of moving planets for eons without a single mechanical failure.

Hell, I bet the V6 owners will even use their turn signals more effectively than the I4 owners. With great power comes great responsibility....

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'd rather get the juice from the 2.7 and not have to tweak the 2.3 during the warranty period.
I drove the 2.3 with a 10A in a 2020 Exploder, it was adequate but uninspiring.

Sponsored

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd rather get the juice from the 2.7 and not have to tweak the 2.3 during the warranty period.
100% agree.... But...

If you want a manual transmission you can't do that.

I'm hoping a 2-Door Badlands 2.3t/7m/4.70 gears will perform great. I think I'll wait for the Modular top so hopefully I can test drive this combo before committing.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I drove the 2.3 with a 10A in a 2020 Exploder, it was adequate but uninspiring.
Remember the final drive ratio is different in the Bronco. With the manual it is 4.46:1 which will make it much quicker than the Explorer. With the 10A it will be at 3.73 or depending on the model 4.27 or 4.46 or with Sasquatch 4.70. All of those will be quicker than the Explorer with its 3.58 final gears.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Remember the final drive ratio is different in the Bronco. With the manual it is 4.46:1 which will make it much quicker than the Explorer. With the 10A it will be at 3.73 or depending on the model 4.27 or 4.46 or with Sasquatch 4.70. All of those will be quicker than the Explorer with its 3.58 final gears.
Here you on the manny, it is what it is.
I want auto because no one else in my family wants to learn stick and I will share.
It's not the quick, Explorer got out of its own way, it's that 4 banger feeling.
I am also a bit spoiled with my current drive drain.

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
I stage 2'd my 2.3 lt mustang with Ford performance. I don't have an issue with my fauxstang.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I'm going with the 2.3 and 4.27 locker on my build. That way it will be ready for slightly bigger tires if I do choose.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
since I have to wait on Mansquatch, I will have plenty of time to drive a Ranger, 2.7 F150 and maybe even some actual Broncos before I take delivery. I’m almost 100% on the 2.3 Basemansquatch because using my left foot makes driving at least 50% more fun:), especially in a slow 4x4 which the Bronco is regardless of 2.3 or 2.7. Now, I can also appreciate torque and the 2.7TT is slightly tempting especially since I would mod either. I don’t care about the additional cost, I’m afraid to get bored of auto. I have an auto DD Camry hybrid and it’s super comfy and boring as hell compared to my modded 6mt STi.

I think 2 door Bronco 2.3 will have similar performance as the Ranger as it’s about the same weight...0-60 in 6.5 seconds and 1/4 mile in 15 secs @ 93 is pretty quick for a Brick on wheels. Tuned Rangers running mid 13s @ 100ish is as quick as my STi was stock. it’s gonna be fun times no matter which Bronco or Ecoboost engine we get.

AaronTV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Kia Stinger GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove a Ranger Supercrew yesterday. I currently daily a Mustang Bullitt and have owned a Focus ST, GTI, Civic Type-R, and 2 different Focus RSs. All of them manuals. In the RS, Ford tuned this engine for 350 hp/torque and it's a riot.

I only drove it for 15 minutes or so and the Ranger only had 8 miles on it so fresh off the truck. My opinion is that the 2.3 had plenty of power for this type of vehicle. My only issue with it was the 10 speed being too slow to hunt for the right gear on throttle. Once in the right gear, though, it's got oomph and I don't foresee too many people accusing it of being 'sluggish,' especially in a 2 door. If I wanted a manual in my Bronco, I'm pretty confident the 2.3 would be fine.

As it is, I intend to get the auto in my 2 door Bronco (I want to be pampered by remote start and proper radar cruise) so I'm also gonna get the 2.7, mostly cause why not?

But, if you're getting a 2 door with the 2.3, my guess is it'll put a smile on your face more often than not. I wouldn't worry about it ;)

The only reason I'm stating 2 door, by the way, is the 2 door models are closest to the weight of a Ranger Supercrew. So, it's the closest comparison to what I actually drove yesterday. The 2.3 is 'probably' fine in a 4 door Bronco also.

Last edited:

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I drove a Ranger Supercrew yesterday. I currently daily a Mustang Bullitt and have owned a Focus ST, GTI, Civic Type-R, and 2 different Focus RSs. All of them manuals. In the RS, Ford tuned this engine for 350 hp/torque and it's a riot.

I only drove it for 15 minutes or so and the Ranger only had 8 miles on it so fresh off the truck. My opinion is that the 2.3 had plenty of power for this type of vehicle. My only issue with it was the 10 speed being too slow to hunt for the right gear on throttle. Once in the right gear, though, it's got oomph and I don't foresee too many people accusing it of being 'sluggish,' especially in a 2 door. If I wanted a manual in my Bronco, I'm pretty confident the 2.3 would be fine.

As it is, I intend to get the auto in my 2 door Bronco (I want to be pampered by remote start and proper radar cruise) so I'm also gonna get the 2.7, mostly cause why not?

So , if you're getting a 2 door with the 2.3, my guess is it'll put a smile on your face more often than not. I wouldn't worry about it ;)

The only reason I'm stating 2 door, by the way, is the 2 door models are closest to the weight of a Ranger Supercrew. So, it's the closest comparison to what I actually drove yesterday. The 2.3 is 'probably' fine in a 4 door Bronco also.
Great report i had the same experience pleasantly surprised,dont bother telling the die hards which i was one of it will be our win!
Sponsored