Sponsored

Had to laugh.... Don't wash your Jeeps!!!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the mechanics shop getting a pair of tires replaced (road debris) and the customer at the counter was telling the tech writer about his Jeep just having some warranty work done for the (as I recall) electronics box that controls the diconnectable sway bars, etc ..... the dealer replaced pretty much every thing , sway bar etc etc as part of the process.
I just recall their being a discussion or two about that very issue here. The service writer and cutomer were both agreeing that it was a well known "weak link".
Customer says, "I don't offroad, but apparently by getting the deluxe car washes, the underbody spray is getting to the electrnics which have a bad seal...."
After hearing that, I can only wonder what all the service writer at the dealer is telling his customers.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Somewhere i read an article or patent or something about Ford putting alot of work into waterproofing electronics. Which is one of the things that keep me very afraid of any vehicle built after 1980. Before then seal sucked things still got wet but they were serviceable by anybody competent enough to change their own oil and fuses. From then on they started making things that were less servicable, then they started failing so the kept inventing seals that have always been a step behind the component needs themselves.

Hopefully Ford is catching things up on that.