Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how long it'd run on a full tank of gas you'd let it mosey along in crawler gear at idle. Talk about slow speed chases.

edited for spelling error.

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How long are we going to make OJ jokes? Wish he was in a Civic.
Let's put this in perspective.

The OJ police chase was in 1994 so 27 years have passed, including the year of incident.

There isn't a statewide database of car chases, however it's widely believed that California reported 9,343 police chases in 2017 alone with an estimated 8,000 which went undocumented in that year. We'll just use 8,500 to lowball and get something near an average not taking population growth into consideration.

That means there were approximately 229,500 police chases just in the state of California from '94 to today. And we harp on just the one with OJ.

I sure wish when we talked about public safety in this country our sole talking point was a school shooting. Would have likely advanced the topic beyond "there's nothing we can do". But on this topic, yea, the OJ chase really needs to die, and i'm not talking the Phil Hartman axe-to-the-chest dying. I mean we just stop using the OJ chase as a connection.

Sponsored

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took it more as mocking the Bronco Sport than OJ ...

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looking back on it, it really is 100% un-newsworthy that OJ's car chase was a thing. It's more that it was such a novelty at the time that a celebrity was doing 65 on the 405 and appeared to have the *entire* LAPD behind him.

Now it's just a part of pop culture that'll be there forever

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's put this in perspective.

The OJ police chase was in 1994 so 27 years have passed, including the year of incident.

There isn't a statewide database of car chases, however it's widely believed that California reported 9,343 police chases in 2017 alone with an estimated 8,000 which went undocumented in that year. We'll just use 8,500 to lowball and get something near an average not taking population growth into consideration.

That means there were approximately 229,500 police chases just in the state of California from '94 to today. And we harp on just the one with OJ.

I sure wish when we talked about public safety in this country our sole talking point was a school shooting. Would have likely advanced the topic beyond "there's nothing we can do". But on this topic, yea, the OJ chase really needs to die, and i'm not talking the Phil Hartman axe-to-the-chest dying. I mean we just stop using the OJ chase as a connection.
Phil Hartman died of gunshot wounds... Just sayin'.
Sponsored