Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of ya'll have never owned a 4x4 before and it shows 😂
Didnt foresaw it being an issue being unlocked and on snow... But obviously somewhere it was biting.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well this is very odd.

4A should have done it without issue. Any chance you had it in the snow goat mode (I forget which one is that, slippery?)

The other thing that's odd, is that during the early videos were people were doing right alongs, the driver, who was supposed to be at Bronco aficionado, stated that the Bronco allows you to not be as concerned about binding because it allows for slippage to occur when needed. I'm assuming he's referring to the clutch packs in the t case.

And on a side note, it is dependent on the transfer case. My XJ had the full-time four-wheel drive t case. I could turn on hard pavement without an issue, it only complained when it was cranked dang near all the way over.

On the flip side, my JK does not have full-time and even on slippery surfaces, the steering wheel starts to fight back when you turn, say more than about 45° or so. Kind of sucks We have to make a 50-point u turn on a trail :)

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well this is very odd.

4A should have done it without issue. Any chance you had it in the snow goat mode (I forget which one is that, slippery?)

The other thing that's odd, is that during the early videos were people were doing right alongs, the driver, who was supposed to be at Bronco aficionado, stated that the Bronco allows you to not be as concerned about binding because it allows for slippage to occur when needed. I'm assuming he's referring to the clutch packs in the t case.

And on a side note, it is dependent on the transfer case. My XJ had the full-time four-wheel drive t case. I could turn on hard pavement without an issue, it only complained when it was cranked dang near all the way over.

On the flip side, my JK does not have full-time and even on slippery surfaces, the steering wheel starts to fight back when you turn, say more than about 45° or so. Kind of sucks We have to make a 50-point u turn on a trail :)
4 auto probably would have worked no doubt...i just didn't wanna sit there while the ABS tried to figure it all out. Lol
The clutch pack might of slipped, but you could tell it was binding. Inside front rose up in the air, outside rear squared down. When I switched it to 2H, everything settled.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For the Love of God if you haven't owned or don't understand how 4 wheel drive works high or low GOOGLE it there are probable a 1000 videos on youtube. Don't just wing it, Before you tear up you drive system
Again I see no value in post like this. I've owned multiple 4x4 vehicles and some will do this just fine with no binding.

So watching some idiot on YouTube tells you nothing. Learning your individual vehicle (specifically understanding how your transfer case works) is what matters.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Canadians are a bit different... Lol
On the roads, it's 2H all day long until it gets super sketch. 4A is only gonna help with drive traction anyway.
Around town, tight corners, on snow covered streets, yeah, 4A...especially with the 2 door. It really likes to come around on you! 😂
That won't work for me, in my Bronco. In 2H with even the slightest moisture on the road, my Bronco fishtails
I use 4A for peace of mind when it's raining or wintry conditions

Edit: notice the 2nd paragraph just now. You're agreeing with me

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That won't work for me, in my Bronco. In 2H with even the slightest moisture on the road, my Bronco fishtails
I use 4A for peace of mind when it's raining or wintry conditions

Edit: notice the 2nd paragraph just now. You're agreeing with me
You must have a heavy foot lol. I haven't had to put mine 4x4 yet at all since I've owned it. Had rain, freezing rain and sub zero temperatures. Only time I have had any wheel spin was pulling into my garage after the freezing rain and my drive way a skating rink lol. Even then made it in the garage in 2H

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In retrospect of what I experienced, I'm still not certain why it happened.
Both axles unlocked, both front and rear outside wheels traveled farther than both front and rear inside wheels...slightly more variance with the front wheels turning...
But again, I wasn't expecting the tires to grab traction towards the end of my J-turn 🤷

BoogieMan1

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You must have a heavy foot lol. I haven't had to put mine 4x4 yet at all since I've owned it. Had rain, freezing rain and sub zero temperatures. Only time I have had any wheel spin was pulling into my garage after the freezing rain and my drive way a skating rink lol. Even then made it in the garage in 2H
As an old 4x4 guy, I suggest you put your transmission in the various 4x4 modes monthly to keep the transfer case and front wheel drive portions lubricated.

Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it is winter up there in Canadia why not just keep it in 4A all the time? I am down here in TX and I run all my Fords in 4A year round.
I always thought 4A was Canada mode? eh?

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are also 2 different types of transfer case in the Bronco ....
One of them doesn't have 4 auto.
I'm sure @BC overlanding can tell us how both work and the limitations of each 🤷
Lol
yea insult me have fun tearing up you vehicle that you obviously have to idea about enjoy your bronco

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As an old 4x4 guy, I suggest you put your transmission in the various 4x4 modes monthly to keep the transfer case and front wheel drive portions lubricated.
That sounds like good advice. I did put it into 4H and the various GOAT modes while sitting in the lot when i picked it up just to make sure they worked lol

But other than that this winter sucks, we have had almost 0 snow in the chicago area

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Again I see no value in post like this. I've owned multiple 4x4 vehicles and some will do this just fine with no binding.

So watching some idiot on YouTube tells you nothing. Learning your individual vehicle (specifically understanding how your transfer case works) is what matters.
or you can get online and ask a bunch to IDIOTs for info your words not mine yea both will work sorry I tried to point someone in the right direction for info and every true 4x4 will binder in 4H if engaged on nonslip surface. Have a great wkend

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yea insult me have fun tearing up you vehicle that you obviously have to idea about enjoy your bronco
Take it easy, guy...
Lol
I asked if you could explain the different options and you just tell everyone to look it up online...?
Anyway......
Sponsored