Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m thinking I donate the whole vehicle, so charity can auction it and hopefully raise more than it’s actual value since it’s for a good cause, or sell it and donate all proceeds, not just profits.
You sir, are a good man!
Sponsored

OP
OP

HadEnough

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You sir, are a good man!
Just emailed Ford to find out if I still have claim to the vehicle. If I do, thinking I donate it to a major charity serving special needs kids, for them to auction off.

I’ve seen Mecum raise huge amounts when proceeds are going to charity. Maybe that would be an option.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just emailed Ford to find out if I still have claim to the vehicle. If I do, thinking I donate it to a major charity serving special needs kids, for them to auction off.

I’ve seen Mecum raise huge amounts when proceeds are going to charity. Maybe that would be an option.
Maybe link it to a GoFundMe for CHOP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would think Mecum gets a nice cut too. Not sure how a (not 1st one off line) FE will do price wise.. But a local auction with some good word of mouth could definitely raise some money.

It's nice to see, especially if you've seen all the IDIOTS post around here about how they plan to FLIP their Bronco for profit. So I applaud YOU for wanting to do for charity. That's some stand up shit right there!

You definitely win the interwebz today (y)

OP
OP

HadEnough

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think Mecum gets a nice cut too. Not sure how a (not 1st one off line) FE will do price wise.. But a local auction with some good word of mouth could definitely raise some money.

It's nice to see, especially if you've seen all the IDIOTS post around here about how they plan to FLIP their Bronco for profit. So I applaud YOU for wanting to do for charity. That's some stand up shit right there!

You definitely win the interwebz today (y)
Makes sense and good point about Mecum since not a first off the line.

As you can probably relate....In my experience, the more I’ve given and performed selfless acts and favors (big and small), the more benefit that has come back to me in one way or another.

It’s not instant payback, or a direct cause-and-effect relationship, but a mindset and set of genuine, core, traditional principles to always do the “right thing.” Over time, that mindset has paid massive dividends in every aspect of my life, business, etc, yet sadly it’s a mentality that’s become more rare in our culture and society.

The golden rule is nothing new and pretty simple...Do unto others and so on, dont take advantage of people, help those in need, etc

One day we’ll all end up in a box, I’d rather leave that positive legacy than be just another guy who jacked $15k out of some stranger flipping a car.

Sorry to get overly philosophical here, but your second point resonated with me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Props to Levine, great work. I posted a long time ago defending the guy from some misguided posts on this forum. Never met the dude, but it sounds to me like he's doing the best anyone could possibly hope for.

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking I donate the whole vehicle, so charity can auction it and hopefully raise more than it’s actual value since it’s for a good cause, or sell it and donate all proceeds, not just profits.
Nice...confirmation that they did indeed f*ck with the wrong guy

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome act of kindness! My question though is if you do have claim to the FE, what would the dirty dealer do to you on pricing? Would they try and add a big markup to screw you over?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey Doug (@Administrator), I think you need to sticky this thread to the front page. Maybe change the title to:

"Dealer tries to screw res holder, res holder plans to use FE Bronco sale to support charity!"

😁

And while you're at it, let's get this man a Sticker!!

OP
OP

HadEnough

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome act of kindness! My question though is if you do have claim to the FE, what would the dirty dealer do to you on pricing? Would they try and add a big markup to screw you over?
That would be the right time to leverage local media. Since the ultimate beneficiary is a charity, the negative publicity would be overwhelming. They would be very wise to sell it at invoice or similar.

They can realize they’re in checkmate the easy way or the hard way.

Sponsored
OP
OP

HadEnough

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Doug (@Administrator), I think you need to sticky this thread to the front page. Maybe change the title to:

"Dealer tries to screw res holder, res holder plans to use FE Bronco sale to support charity!"

😁

And while you're at it, let's get this man a Sticker!!
Thanks but please wait on that for time being. Still confirming with Ford that I actually still have the reservation. Should hear back soon.

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another option to consider.

It seems that the dealer is shady enough that you're going end up with problems even if you still "own" the reservation. Also they must have taken a deposit from the other person, so that person will be screwed if you end up with the FE... Another option you have is to call the credit card company and dispute the charge. Tell the CCARD company (the truth) that the dealer took the deposit based on misrepresentation and Ford has already transferred the order to an honest dealer. Tell them that deposit is for a deal that a) was created based on fraud and b) cannot be executed because the deal was moved to another dealer by Ford corporate.

Let the dealer take a hit from the credit card company for a reversed charge.

If you want to go this route I would send the dealer an email saying something like :

Ford corporate and I agree that you misrepresented a deal .... corporate moved the deal to a new dealer .... I would like you to cancel the charge to my credit card within 24 hours... else I will dispute with credit card company.... I will take no response to this email within 1 business day as indication that you prefer I dispute the charge with the credit card company...

You can then honestly tell the card company that you made every effort to resolve the dispute without having to resort reversing the charges.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Your order may actually have been canceled by Ford but it takes a couple of days to reflect that in our accounts. That’s what happened to me at least (I’m one of the many dealership stole my res but Ford sorted it out people).
This would be the best outcome as it would screw the dealer out of their devious plan.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You sir are a fine man. Karma will see the dealer taken care of, and Karma will see you re-payed 10 fold. I love it when a plan comes together.

COgirl

Wildtrak
First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been working with the ford team for four weeks to straighten out my order mess. And I just have a bigger mess.

Ford Marketing team sucks.

I'm interested to know OPs outcome. My dealership put in a preliminary order without my knowledge (code 99 order), now to move it I need it cancelled, and when I talked to them they just put in an actual order thinking I didn't want my res anymore.

Now I have two broncos ordered and I only want one. This has become nightmare scenario for me.
Sponsored