Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

hey guys! we tested a few different black hardware and the problem is the tools scratch the coating ever so slightly over the they show signs of rust.. We have seen some have good luck coating the stainless hardware we provide with a black paint pen after its been torqued down...
Couldn't you have them DLC coated, or black chrome coated? I know black chrome won't scratch....
Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got mine delivered this week! Plan on tackling the install while we have some nice weather here. Any tips on install so I don't lose the inner threads in the tailgate? Pretty sure I read that was a thing on here.

Gahendo

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 gt350r
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
were also working on an accoesry arm that will attach directly to the Bronco raptor hinges and be able to be use with or without our raptor bronco tailgate reinforcement.
Did you guys finish this? Looking for a setup to carry fuel on my Raptor.

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
What size rotopaks are people using? Some pics in this thread show double stacked, water and fuel. I’m wondering about tail light clearance when opening. The short strut is sold out. Any updates on replenishing? Otherwise, what’s realistic to gang off that arm?

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What size rotopaks are people using? Some pics in this thread show double stacked, water and fuel. I’m wondering about tail light clearance when opening. The short strut is sold out. Any updates on replenishing? Otherwise, what’s realistic to gang off that arm?
So the recommendation is about a 2 gallon rotopax which is what I run. Don’t double stack them as that will hit your tail light unless you have the recessed taillights (ask me how I know haha). Even with the limiting strut, it wasn’t designed for 2 rotopax

Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm using the 2 gallon rotopax and I also added a Mountains2Metal tailgate limiter (set to 90 degrees).

Descent

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally My Raptor Hinges are painted and installed with The Hammer Tailgate system. Such a great Modification and I’m sure glad I did this. Thanks Tyson and the Hammer Built team for such a great product.
IMG_6798.jpeg
IMG_6797.jpeg
Were you able to mount the HB Bracket and Raptor Hinges with the hardware that was provided from HB and what was on the original hinges or did you have to order additional bolts to make fit?

Upper Hinge Bolt (x4)W721746S450B
Bolt (x4)W718426S450
Bumper (x2)W721479-S300

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Were you able to mount the HB Bracket and Raptor Hinges with the hardware that was provided from HB and what was on the original hinges or did you have to order additional bolts to make fit?

Upper Hinge Bolt (x4)W721746S450B
Bolt (x4)W718426S450
Bumper (x2)W721479-S300
The original hardware was reused to install hinges and HB hardware was used to install bracket.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'll preface this by saying I have Raptor hinges, not sure if this would change with the stock hinges.

With a 2 gallon can you can fully open the tailgate as long as you open it carefully. It touches the stops *just* before contacting the light - but, if you wing it open or otherwise let it get away from you, things flex enough to where it will smack the light.

With a 3 gallon can you can go to 90° with this amount of room to spare:

Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System 20231004_142742

With the 2 gallon can I felt comfortable not using a limiter. Now with a 3 gal I will need to get something

Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll preface this by saying I have Raptor hinges, not sure if this would change with the stock hinges.

With a 2 gallon can you can fully open the tailgate as long as you open it carefully. It touches the stops *just* before contacting the light - but, if you wing it open or otherwise let it get away from you, things flex enough to where it will smack the light.

With a 3 gallon can you can go to 90° with this amount of room to spare:

Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System 20231004_142742

With the 2 gallon can I felt comfortable not using a limiter. Now with a 3 gal I will need to get something
I put the Mountains 2 Metal limiter on mine.

Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System IMG_9715.JPG

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Adding this for reference. True 37s" with the accessory mount clears on my braptor. I think a 38" tire or larger and your're going to need a different custom solution. @DoYouBronco

Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System 1712945854293-b
Sponsored