Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The support bracket is designed to add rigidity and structure to the tailgate sheet metal to combat the squeaks/movement of the spare carrier. In some cases without a support bracket, the vibrations and aggressive movements combined with a heavier wheel has damaged the metal nearest the carrier mounting points.

Once the weight of the tire/wheel has been displaced across more surface area, the load on those carrier mounting points is drastically reduced. Instead of attaching the accessory arm to the hinge bolts themselves, we press on the pem fasteners to the plate, again distributing the load across more surface area.
As far as what the hinges can handle, I’ll you be the judge of this picture..
Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System C852D95A-FEA6-41EB-BAD5-33C33F68B7A0

The tailgate handles a tire+weight of a grown man. Not condoning this much weight is safe long term use, but it’s a good demonstration of how stout the hinges are.
Thoughts???
Sponsored

XephorikPhoenix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great, but $299 for a piece of steel? Seems a little pricey.

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great, but $299 for a piece of steel? Seems a little pricey.
if your working with a tight budget, pm me. I’ll do my best to work with you my friend! I can get you the support bracket itself is $199, and believe me, it’s far more than just a flat piece of metal!

I welcome you to read deeper into my description about how each unit is precision press broke to add strength and achieve the exact curvature of our tailgate. Check out the watch videos of the pem press fittings. Not to mention the iso certified medical grade powder coat manufacturing process. You will quickly learn what we did to a “piece of steal” to transform it into this…
Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System A6F74141-EAE5-4F61-85DA-49064B9DDA71

Last edited:

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you have an option to order the tire mount, side mount, antenna mount, and jack mount all together?

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have an option to order the tire mount, side mount, antenna mount, and jack mount all together?
we are finalizing the various mounting points on the max tax Molle panel, when it releases we will add it the the add on list. if you're interested in preordering it, were taking $99 deposits to secure one off the first batch. send me a pm with your email...

Sponsored

ElPasoBronc

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gotta say that although there are some competitors for the tailgate reinforcement plates, you won’t get a better customer service experience than with Hammer Built.

I’m 11,000 miles on my Bronco with tons of off-road travel. I was looking for a way to keep more fuel on board since I’ve been close to running out on some of my longer adventures.

I checked online at my options and noticed they Hammer Built had a reinforcement plate WITH a bracket to carry more fuel.

I reached out and lo and behold they happen to be a local company right In my backyard. As soon as I reached out I was greeted by Tyson who not only helped me place my order but gave me a full tour of the facilities.
I was thoroughly impressed by what they are doing at Hammer Built, Tyson’s above and beyond customer service, and the quality of the hardware I had purchased along with the ease of installation.

If your in the market for these items I highly recommend getting in touch with Tyson at Hammer Performance.

Here is a pic after installation and after an 2hr high speed desert run to see how it holds up.

Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System D8106B8E-A9EA-418F-B82F-4D7235D42046

Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System CB8C6F60-F4B9-4254-B35A-6B2DDF9C16BE

Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System 1033C955-15B6-4E04-973F-37AA1BD336A4

Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System 78BA848A-BCBF-4197-820F-40DE00F6C941

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the accessory arm need other specific pieces to mount recovery boards?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still eagerly following the progress here, but I've got a couple of questions.

I notice the pics on the product pages for the tailgate reinforcement and accessory attachment look a little different than some of those here. Are there final photos of the mounting holes on the accessory attachment? Is the final mounting hardware black to match?

Is there an easy way to pull up a page that shows all currently available Bronco products?
I feel like this should be simple, but using the search function didn't exactly work as expected. I searched for Bronco, and it said there 10 results at the top but displayed several pages with 2600 results...

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You will need whatever mount is needed for the recovery boards you have.

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you want to attach arb tred pros all you need is the tred pro mount.
If you want to attach maxtrax, you will need to wait for our adapter Molle pannel as that brands mounting points are located on the corners

Sponsored
OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Still eagerly following the progress here, but I've got a couple of questions.

I notice the pics on the product pages for the tailgate reinforcement and accessory attachment look a little different than some of those here. Are there final photos of the mounting holes on the accessory attachment? Is the final mounting hardware black to match?

Is there an easy way to pull up a page that shows all currently available Bronco products?
I feel like this should be simple, but using the search function didn't exactly work as expected. I searched for Bronco, and it said there 10 results at the top but displayed several pages with 2600 results...
Here is a link to our bronco collection
https://hammerbuilt.shop/collections/bronco

And here is a pic of the newest version with 8 mounting positions for extra flexability of tire sizes.

we are testing our own black coating and hope to have that option soon.
In the mean time we have had several broncos use their own costing on the heads post install.
Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System D75570BD-ACA8-4BA6-B862-9B4635E725BE

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want to attach arb tred pros all you need is the tred pro mount.
If you want to attach maxtrax, you will need to wait for our adapter Molle pannel as that brands mounting points are located on the corners
Thank you for the response. Are you still offering military discount? I do not have any social media accounts for a dm.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you remove the reinforcement, are there any scratches on the stock brackets?
I want a reinforcement like this both for bigger tires and mounting for accessories. But just wondering if I can move it to a different bronco if I replace mine. Or should it be left on to cover scratches :)
Sponsored