Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tyson co founder of Hammer Built here, creators of the Hammer Built Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System. Strap in Bronco Fam, this is a long but informative read!!!!
Click HERE to skip to the link...
Youtube Video HERE

Link to Bronco6G member review:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...pax-bracket-accessory-review-plus-pics.39931/

Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System 5E8BF7A2-F86B-4D0F-9663-751A44D6D18D

One good thing I can say about how long we all had to wait for our broncos, is that it gave us plenty of time to day dream about all the things we wanted it to do. More importantly, it allowed us to listen to and observe the first the Broncos that hit the trails. If there's one thing we've learned in all our years of building offroad rigs, it's that you can't modify one aspect of a vehicle without considering the effects it may have on the rest of the vehicles overall performance and reliability!

Since the first thing we had planned to add was heavier wheel/tires, we knew this would be the perfect place to begin our mod journey. Our mission was simple; produce the highest functioning, highest quality Bronco parts, backed by the real world experience and offroad accessory expertise!

We all agree that the purpose built offroad wheels with the larger more aggressive tires can drastically change the appearence of our Broncos; but not many fully appreciate how much heavier they can be over stock. The oem Sasquatch tires are considerably lighter than the normal 315/70/17 at 55 lbs, especially when you compare it to a 35" toyo MT at 78lbs. Even the Sasquatch set can squeak and wobble during street driving. When Ford released the Bronco Raptor, we noticed they added a reinforcement plate to the tailgate with the larger 37" tire. The last thing we wanted to do was to further exasperate the weak tailgate problems by strapping gear to the tire itself. This signaled us to start drawing up a support plate that would not only add the needed strength to the tailgate, but allow us to incorporate methods to store some of our favorite offroad gear!

MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT BRACKET
Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System 200D066F-801B-455E-A2E0-E67797169B08

Designed to add the most strength as possible to our aluminum tailgate, our support bracket starts off as a piece of US Cold Roll steel that is then cut to shape by a special Fiberoptic precison laser. A TRUbend cnc presses the flat piece into to the perfect contour while adding rigidity. Lastly, One of our highest priorities was a long-lasting weather proof coating to ensure no rust or oxidation even after years of offroad action. Thats why all Hammer Built parts are coated with a fully automated ISO certified Medical grade powder coat process for a near perfect finish. No fisheye or uneven coats. Even our hardware is made from a high grade stainless steel.

Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System 39699001-B577-4FA6-B5F4-3C6CDB03D344

When test fitting our first prototype, it became apparent we needed a way to protect the hinge paint while giving the bracket a solid seating surface. We decided to design some conical spacers out of Delrin material that would be soft enough to not damage the paint, but rigid enough to absorb the shock and forces from heavy off-roading. The spacing it provides allows us to use special hydaulicly pressed in "PEM" fasteners. These allow you to attach our Hammer Built Accessory Arm. To anyone that doesn't know wtf a PEM fastener is, here's a quick video...

They are strong, reusable, and permanent threads/mounting points literally fused to the the support bracket with intense pressure.

HAMMER BUILT ACCESSORY ARM
Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System D108C19D-6C8F-4A00-B857-AA05FA2035B1

We spaced these fasteners to fit most 33-37" tires so that the accessory arm would fit snugly next to the whichever sized tire you have on your Bronco. The two most obvious offroad accessories that belong outside the vehicle are fuel and dirty/muddy traction boards.

Once you attach the accessory arm, you can attach a 1/2/3 gallon Rotopax fuel canister, or a set of ARB tread pros. (MaxTraxx mounting points are on the permitter so we are developing a adapter to accept those PREORDER coming soon)

We even incorporated an optional attachment for a flag/antennae/dust light!

A20F80F1-A626-4ECA-9147-83A818C3FD13.jpeg

8A3183F5-5223-4799-B6B5-38BB7E972EC9.jpeg

Happy to put together a bundle with the rotopax/traction boards/antennae/lights etc!
Pm txt or call me 915-449-0881 24/7!
Check us out at.https://hpbuilt.shop/collections/bronco

Follow us
Instagram-
DoYouBronco

Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System 846AC113-A751-4EF5-B35D-91F211A0C702
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Glad to see you offering bronco stuff. I'll have stop by whenever I get my bronco. An El Paso neighbor here
Niiiiice!!! Looks like Ruidoso?
you definitely have not babied your bronco, so good to see when they are put to good use!

we just had our first bronco meet and trail crawl to Juando Pass. I’ll post up the next one here so you can partake!
Juando pass El Paso crawl

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
D108C19D-6C8F-4A00-B857-AA05FA2035B1.jpeg

We spaced these fasteners to fit most 33-37" tires so that the accessory arm would fit snugly next to the whichever sized tire you have on your Bronco. The two most obvious offroad accessories that belong outside the vehicle are fuel and dirty/muddy traction boards.

Once you attach the accessory arm, you can attach a 1/2/3 gallon Rotopax fuel canister, or a set of ARB tread pros. (MaxTraxx mounting points are on the permitter so we are developing a adapter to accept those PREORDER coming soon)

Product question: I'm curious if there is a max load/weight limit you're designing this product to?

Reason for asking is that I don't personally intend to have 37" tires and would prefer fitting a 5 gallon Wavian jerry can instead of only a 3 gallon rotopax. That would be ~12 lbs of additional weight on the tailgate, but i'm happy to calculate the weight with the specific wheels/tires I want if there's a stated weight limit to your tailgate reinforcement.

The 2-door lifestyle takes a hit with the smaller fuel tank, so auxiliary fuel storage is a premium concern for which direction I go with the tailgate and/or swapping to a bumper with carrier arm/fuel storage.

Nemo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Definitely on my Christmas list. Good work guys

Sponsored

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I go from 33's to 35's, will definitely go this route (with the antenna bracket - LED whip)

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tyson co founder of Hammer Built here, creators of the Hammer Built Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System. Strap in Bronco Fam, this is a long but informative read!!!!
Click HERE to skip to the link...
Youtube Video HERE

Link to Bronco6G member review:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...pax-bracket-accessory-review-plus-pics.39931/

Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System 846AC113-A751-4EF5-B35D-91F211A0C702

One good thing I can say about how long we all had to wait for our broncos, is that it gave us plenty of time to day dream about all the things we wanted it to do. More importantly, it allowed us to listen to and observe the first the Broncos that hit the trails. If there's one thing we've learned in all our years of building offroad vehicles, it's that you can't modify one aspect of a vehicle without considering the effects it may have on the rest of the vehicles overall performance and reliability!

Since the first thing we had planned to add was heavier wheel/tires, we knew this would be the perfect place to begin our mod journey. Our mission was simple; produce the highest functioning, highest quality Bronco parts, backed by the real world experience and offroad accessory expertise!

We all agree that the purpose built offroad wheels with the larger more aggressive tires can drastically change the appearence of our Broncos; but not many fully appreciate how much heavier they can be over stock. The oem Sasquatch Tires are considerably lighter than the normal 315/70/17 at 55 lbs, especially when you compare it to a 35" toyo MT at 78lbs. Even the Sasquatch set can squeak and wobble during street driving. When Ford released the Bronco Raptor, we noticed they added a reinforcement plate to the tailgate with the larger 37" tire. This signaled us to start drawing up a support plate that would not only add the needed strength to the tailgate, but allow us to incorporate methods to store some of our favorite offroad gear!

MODULAR TAILGATE SUPPORT BRACKET

Designed to add the most strength as possible to our aluminum tailgate, our support bracket starts off as a piece of US Cold Roll steel that is then cut to shape by a special Fiberoptic precison laser. A TRUbend cnc presses the flat piece into to the perfect contour while adding rigidity. Lastly, One of our highest priorities was a long-lasting weather proof coating to ensure no rust or oxidation even after years of offroad action. Thats why all Hammer Built parts are coated with a fully automated ISO certified Medical grade powder coat process for a near perfect finish. No fisheye or uneven coats. Even our hardware is made from a high grade stainless steel.

When test fitting our first prototype, it became apparent we needed a way to protect the hinge paint while giving the bracket a solid seating surface. We decided to design some conical spacers out of Delrin material that would be soft enough to not damage the paint, but rigid enough to absorb the shock and forces from heavy off-roading. The spacing it provides allows us to use special hydaulicly pressed in "PEM" fasteners. These allow you to attach our Hammer Built Accessory Arm. To anyone that doesn't know wtf a PEM fastener is, here's a quick video...

They are strong, reusable, and permanent threads/mounting points literally fused to the the support bracket with intense pressure.

We even incorporated an optional attachment for a flag/antennae/dust light!

A20F80F1-A626-4ECA-9147-83A818C3FD13.jpeg

8A3183F5-5223-4799-B6B5-38BB7E972EC9.jpeg

Happy to put together a bundle with the rotopax/traction boards/antennae/lights etc!
Pm txt or call me 915-449-0881 24/7!
Check us out at.https://hpbuilt.shop/collections/bronco

Follow us
Instagram-
DoYouBronco

Dang. Wish I would have heard about this before buying a competitor's product.

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Product question: I'm curious if there is a max load/weight limit you're designing this product to?

Reason for asking is that I don't personally intend to have 37" tires and would prefer fitting a 5 gallon Wavian jerry can instead of only a 3 gallon rotopax. That would be ~12 lbs of additional weight on the tailgate, but i'm happy to calculate the weight with the specific wheels/tires I want if there's a stated weight limit to your tailgate reinforcement.

The 2-door lifestyle takes a hit with the smaller fuel tank, so auxiliary fuel storage is a premium concern for which direction I go with the tailgate and/or swapping to a bumper with carrier arm/fuel storage.
currently doing desert testing of our new max trax molle panel attachment with a heavier Firestone mt2 tire. I estimate this to be approximately 30lbs more than 3 gallon rotopax.

long story short I do not think 5 gallons weight wise will be an issue. I can’t say definitively until I attach one and subject it to the 30-50mph runs on raptor trails down here in El Paso Texas.

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone else getting a fault when going to the link? I can separately search and access the home page but, any attempt to go to the product pages errors out.

This site can’t be reached
The connection was reset.

Try:
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

The same thing occurs on my windows PC and my Apple iPhone.

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m confused. Is the accessory bracket included with the tailgate support system or no?
For $299 yes, the modular system includes the support bracket AND the accessory arm.

the support bracket is also available separately for $199.
https://hpbuilt.shop/collections/bronco/products/hammer-built-bronco-tire-support-kit

the antenna bracket attaches to the accessory arm and can be found here
Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System 59E53A0C-7179-4001-AB98-DFCC6BAA71F8

https://hpbuilt.shop/collections/br...e-support-system-antenna-mount-bracket-add-on

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Excited for mine to get here Tuesday! Finally get to pick up my Bronco on Friday, then it’s time to put the stuff I have been stockpiling on!

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone else getting a fault when going to the link? I can separately search and access the home page but, any attempt to go to the product pages errors out.

This site can’t be reached
The connection was reset.

Try:
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

The same thing occurs on my windows PC and my Apple iPhone.
Just tested on two desk tops and my phone. Not sure why the link isn’t working for you…

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just tested on two desk tops and my phone. Not sure why the link isn’t working for you…
So you guys don't ship to Canada? Went to try and order. Said no shipping method available.
Sponsored