Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr 2.3l 7 speed Big Bend Cactus Gray Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Last week, I drove out to Big Bend NP and the Davis Mountains SP. My plan was to travel light, so I set up my hammock inside my Bronco rather than sleeping in the back.

I left the removable windows at home, attached a mesh top sun shade (Amazon $70), and folded down the soft top. I decided that my gear would be safe under a cargo area platform, so I did not worry about theft while hiking or during dinner at the Harvard Hotel in Fort Davis.

Since my 'Hang in there' hammock had parachuted out of my Bronco the previous week, (don't leave stuff like that laying in your back seat with the top down), I used a two person hammock. It worked perfectly.

I now have two nights sleeping in the back with the seats folded down with a plywood riser in the cargo area, and two nights sleeping in my hammock. I pushed the front seats forward and did not fold down the back seats. I attached the hammock to the front right and rear left and slept diagonally. I left the top folded down and untied the mesh top so that I could stare at the Milky Way.

I masked the cabin lighting with black tape, since I have not figured out a solution to prevent the lighting from coming on as I get in and out of the truck. I do need to figure out a blackout system for the front and rear external lighting to not be that annoying person in the campground, everytime I want to get in and out of the truck.

Who else hammock camps in their Bronco?

20220527_230612.jpg

20220528_065945.jpg

20220528_070116.jpg

20220528_065930.jpg
Sponsored

Jpursuit

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f250 king ranch 4wd, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last week, I drove out to Big Bend NP and the Davis Mountains SP. My plan was to travel light, so I set up my hammock inside my Bronco rather than sleeping in the back.

I left the removable windows at home, attached a mesh top sun shade (Amazon $70), and folded down the soft top. I decided that my gear would be safe under a cargo area platform, so I did not worry about theft while hiking or during dinner at the Harvard Hotel in Fort Davis.

Since my 'Hang in there' hammock had parachuted out of my Bronco the previous week, (don't leave stuff like that laying in your back seat with the top down), I used a two person hammock. It worked perfectly.

I now have two nights sleeping in the back with the seats folded down with a plywood riser in the cargo area, and two nights sleeping in my hammock. I pushed the front seats forward and did not fold down the back seats. I attached the hammock to the front right and rear left and slept diagonally. I left the top folded down and untied the mesh top so that I could stare at the Milky Way.

I masked the cabin lighting with black tape, since I have not figured out a solution to prevent the lighting from coming on as I get in and out of the truck. I do need to figure out a blackout system for the front and rear external lighting to not be that annoying person in the campground, everytime I want to get in and out of the truck.

Ford Bronco Hammock Camping in the Bronco 20220528_065930

There's a switch above the rear view mirror that deactivates the interior lights from coming on when you open the doors. I think it was designed for campers, and other outdoor activities where the light would be a distraction . . . I circled it on the page from the owner's manual.
Ford Bronco Hammock Camping in the Bronco INterior lights off when doors open.PNG

OP
OP
Meraki Hammocks

Meraki Hammocks

Big Bend
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you! I should probably spend a little more time with the owners manual.

RaceRedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow man this is awesome! As I first started to read I didn't think you meant that you were actually hanging the hammock inside the Bronco but it looks like it works great! I may have to try this now! I want to take my BB to Big Bend NP so badly just wish I wasnt so far away!

OP
OP
Meraki Hammocks

Meraki Hammocks

Big Bend
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow man this is awesome! As I first started to read I didn't think you meant that you were actually hanging the hammock inside the Bronco but it looks like it works great! I may have to try this now! I want to take my BB to Big Bend NP so badly just wish I wasnt so far away!
Now you need to set up your 'Hang in there' hammock. Post a pic.

Sponsored

RaceRedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you are refering to the Hammocks that Ford sent out, i never got one unfortunately. I did receive a little desk calender and a flag though! I just have basic camping tents personally, but will defintely be investing in a hammock now!

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Hammock Camping in the Bronco INterior lights off when doors open.PNG

Just checked. Works well!

Ford Bronco Hammock Camping in the Bronco 20220604_103838

Ford Bronco Hammock Camping in the Bronco 20220604_104408

Ford Bronco Hammock Camping in the Bronco 20220604_104356

OP
OP
Meraki Hammocks

Meraki Hammocks

Big Bend
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you are refering to the Hammocks that Ford sent out, i never got one unfortunately. I did receive a little desk calender and a flag though! I just have basic camping tents personally, but will defintely be investing in a hammock now!
After mine parachuted out while driving down the interstate, I tried turn go get it. By the time I returned to the spot all I saw was a guy pushing a shopping cart. Hopefully he picked it up and is using it. I then bought a replacement on Ebay. It arrived after I returned from BB. A two person hammock is more comfortable. Enjoy!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.