Sponsored

Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion)

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the first thread on this topic, which was booming, was strangely closed, I'll respect it, but kindly ask that you send a PM to me (JeepersCreepers) if you'd like to participate in the Sasquatch movement.

Expect another post in General Bronco Topics in approximately 3 weeks as I work out the ordering and distribution process. Thank you!

-JeepersCreepers
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll create a poll for questions like these. I.e. should we call it "Squatching," "Yeting," etc.

And I'll run the actual first batch of mini Sasquatches by the group to see who likes what!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about mini horse shoes? Horse shoes are supposedly a sign of good luck, probably easier to find than a 'squatch and possibly more collectible depending on where it came from and who gave.

Each club could do a different shoe or sticker, when you meet up swap shoes like stickers from off-roadeo. Someone in a Gladiator gave me the "Jeep wave" and my wife had to grab my hand before I gave them the single finger salute.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about mini horse shoes? Horse shoes are supposedly a sign of good luck, probably easier to find than a 'squatch and possibly more collectible depending on where it came from and who gave.

Each club could do a different shoe or sticker, when you meet up swap shoes like stickers from off-roadeo. Someone in a Gladiator gave me the "Jeep wave" and my wife had to grab my hand before I gave them the single finger salute.
Okay, I'll add it to the poll. Hadn't thought of horse-shoes. It might be kind of perplexing to some people although I get the reference. I'd really rather not do little horse-themed ducks as was shown by someone else -- it was kind of cute, and semi-cool, but I'd like the Bronco crowd to stake our claim to our brand off "menacing" off-roading. We're not "cute," we're hardcore... or something (LOL) and the Sasquatch is something which all Bronco people will get. It's sort of a theme that comes up a lot. In fact I had the original idea just by noticing how many sasquatch-themed avatars were here at Bronco6G.

Thanks to all for your interest in participating. I received half a dozen PMs so far from folks who'd like to participate. If we seed this right we could start a cool new tradition right out of the gates!

Sponsored
OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone in a Gladiator gave me the "Jeep wave" and my wife had to grab my hand before I gave them the single finger salute.
Haha, ouch! But why would you want to do that? They no doubt recognized it was a Bronco and not a Jeep, and they thought your rig was cool. It was just a friendly hello from one part of the most established off-roading community to a growing segment of another.

The Jeep world is a friendly one -- incredibly accommodating to new owners, people who have never driven off-road before, and so on -- and isn't really "competitive" like that. Jeepers think Broncos are cool and many of us have or are getting both. A Jeep person will be the first to help you with a vehicle recovery and wouldn't think it odd to get unstuck via a Bronco either.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please don't approach my vehicle and place your cheap garbage on it. I do not find it endearing nor friendly. It is intrusive and disrespectful to mess with a man's property. Rationalize and equivocate all you like, but in the end, that is all you are advocating, no different than putting a box on someone else's vehicle while you open your trunk. It is just a matter of degree.
Sure, send a copy of your license plate and we'll make sure to brief everyone not to put a Squatch on Drex's Bronco.

Look, the world has gotten to be a nasty place over recent years. This is a fun and friendly past-time that has always brought a smile to everyone's face. It's a way of leaving a note to say "Hey, I like your Bronco, and I have one too."

It'll take you 2 seconds to throw away a mini-Squatch and stomp on a friendly overture from a fellow member of your community.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha, ouch! But why would you want to do that? They no doubt recognized it was a Bronco and not a Jeep, and they thought your rig was cool. It was just a friendly hello from one part of the most established off-roading community to a growing segment of another.

The Jeep world is a friendly one -- incredibly accommodating to new owners, people who have never driven off-road before, and so on -- and isn't really "competitive" like that. Jeepers think Broncos are cool and many of us have or are getting both. A Jeep person will be the first to help you with a vehicle recovery and wouldn't think it odd to get unstuck via a Bronco either.
I can't stand that kind of stuff. Call me infantile or grouchy but I just don't get into the cult/trend stuff. Guy in a Rubicon damn near parked me in at Fresh Market this weekend and as we were coming out saw the whole load inside circling my vehicle. I get they are new and not many out there but it just seemed strange how they appeared to be sizing it up.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why don’t you put a number on the squatches, and make a site to report where they are? At least that makes a motivation not to toss ‘em out. Kind of like https://www.wheresgeorge.com/
That's a cool idea, but would be $$. I'm trying to keep the price down on these 'Squatches. Just the fact that it's a little plastic figurine instead of a duck drives the cost up. The ducks are very inexpensive; I found a 20-count for $7.00 and a 50 count for $10.00. The cheapest figurine-based 'Squatch I've been able to source so far has been approaching the $2/unit price. So that's going to take some work to sort out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't stand that kind of stuff. Call me infantile or grouchy but I just don't get into the cult/trend stuff. Guy in a Rubicon damn near parked me in at Fresh Market this weekend and as we were coming out saw the whole load inside circling my vehicle. I get they are new and not many out there but it just seemed strange how they appeared to be sizing it up.
Gosh, you have a cool new vehicle, still rare in the "wild," which everyone is excited about. Why would they possibly be interested in seeing one in person? LOL.

C'mon, flip. Try to be nice to people. Has nothing to do with Broncos or Jeeps or anything. Just be nice. It takes more effort to be a curmudgeon than it does to be friendly, and it's way less fun to be grumpy than happy.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gosh, you have a cool new vehicle, still rare in the "wild," which everyone is excited about. Why would they possibly be interested in seeing one in person? LOL.

C'mon, flip. Try to be nice to people. Has nothing to do with Broncos or Jeeps or anything. Just be nice. It takes more effort to be a curmudgeon than it does to be friendly, and it's way less fun to be grumpy than happy.
I guess being a dealer and around vehicles all day, every day makes me kind of numb. I love my customers but the vehicles themselves are more of a commodity than a lifestyle or image thing to me. The weird thing was how close they parked, lots of spaces open on either side of me, then the scowl on their faces as they did the walk around. Wife said I better look at my door to make sure it wasn't damaged from their door hitting it. Almost felt like some sort of parking lot off-road vehicle intimidation. Dunno but it was odd.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess being a dealer and around vehicles all day, every day makes me kind of numb. I love my customers but the vehicles themselves are more of a commodity than a lifestyle or image thing to me. The weird thing was how close they parked, lots of spaces open on either side of me, then the scowl on their faces as they did the walk around. Wife said I better look at my door to make sure it wasn't damaged from their door hitting it. Almost felt like some sort of parking lot off-road vehicle intimidation. Dunno but it was odd.
Haters gonna hate, Flip.
You know that as much as any of us.
Sure, there are going to be those who size it up in parking lot, find fault in something about it, and those who downright trash talk and downgrade it by appearance only.

Most times I find people who hate on me or mine have other reasons for their attitudes. Most of the time it has nothing to do with actual hate or distaste, it is usually jealousy, judgement, or sometimes joining the mob mentality out of peer pressure to react a certain way.

You're a good dude, I've seen it from your posts.
Direct, but to me that's a good thing. But never negative just for the sake of being negative.

I get it.

For me, as long as they aren't defacing my ride, I'll feel happy to see someone else checking it out. Or putting some plastic trinket on the door handle or cowl.
From having kids I know small stuff like that brings them joy and happiness. My daughter bought a small bag of those plastic ducks to Duck other Jeeps, and several times mentions "I hate we aren't in the Jeep with the Ducks, because that's a cool one over there in the corner."

Meh, if it makes some kid happy and doesn't harm me, no biggie.

But I also get the fact that this is each person's own ride, their own investment. And I get that some may not be cool with anyone else touching it or leaving plastic stuff on it.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get it Phil, it's like working at a donut shop. Pretty soon you don't want to see another one of those tasty circles of sugar. I've had some standing around my Jeep talking about how they are just a piece of shit, and they would never own one. And, I've had a bus load of folks from England hover around my Corvette in Seliegman, AZ on one of our Route 66 trips. One told me they had seen pictures of Corvettes, but never seen on in person. It's just part of the adventure of owning a higher profile vehicle than most I guess. Like Dave@broadicustomworks said, we know you to be a good guy. Enjoy the adventure. It will be much easier on your sanity. :)