Sponsored

Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion)

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread is on the short cut to lock town.

I think the clear consensus is don’t touch other peoples shit

I think the way to participate in a surprise manner would be an “opt in” sticker. A tiny rubber duck or horseshoe sticker on the lower driver window means “I’m IN”. Otherwise stay off. Glocks don’t throw rocks.

Currently, if I see ya out and about I’ll toss you a horseshoe and sticker! However I can’t ever feel right putting something on someone’s hard earned possession. Even if it’s a soft toy.

hope to see everyone out and about in their broncos soon!!!!
this bears repeating

this is not a good idea
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But don't misunderstand... the clear consensus is excitement.
Not sure what thread you're reading, but I'm seeing about 6 pages of "neat, ya goober. But please don't touch my truck I just waited 18 months for" and the attempted forced creation of a clique of inclusiveness, 'us vs them', to oversimplify it.

Personally, stuff on my car is nearly the most unwelcome thing I can think of. I've been known to find a flyer under my wiper in a parking lot, see the rest of them on every other car, and then gather them all happily back up, and return them to the business in question with a reminder that what they consider 'advertising', the rest of us call 'vandalism'. Doubly so when I find scratches on my car that need repaired from some sasquatch leaning over my car to lift the wiper up.

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So automobiles are your business. Your attitude towards this is understandable.

Aviation is my business -- both of my jobs involve flying airplanes or certifying pilots for certificates or ratings. I'm around enthusiastic, eager people all the time, many of them new to flying, but what seems neat and fun and new to them is something I've been doing every day for 20+ years.

Their passion and excitement is not something I can feel to that extent every day. But I try to look at what I do through their eyes and let some of that happiness "bleed over" into my life, rather than take another long and difficult workday with me to the local watering hole.

Geddy Lee of Rush (a band I've never liked but listen to anyway since my wife likes them) was asked once how the band could play "Tom Sawyer" thousands and thousands of times over their career and look like they were into it every single time. "I'd be happy if I never heard or had to perform that song again," he said, "but I put my all into it each time we play it. That's what it means to be a professional."

Food for thought.
I've wondered how gynecologists... well, you understand.

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This. There’s nothing more lame than copying a tradition. Simply changing the object to a Sasquatch is not “making it our own”.

Why not allow a tradition to develop organically instead of forcing it. This is the same with all of the “Bronco wave” threads.

Side note, to be expected to put a sticker on my car to notify others not to touch it is asinine.
I am surprised that so many people (both Jeep and Bronco) are angered by the idea. However, given that, out of respect for other people's property, I agree that an opt-in sticker would be better. No one who wants to opt out will put a sticker on their vehicle to opt out. I suppose you could leave opt in stickers for people but that may be as "rude" as leaving a toy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am surprised that so many people (both Jeep and Bronco) are angered by the idea. However, given that, out of respect for other people's property, I agree that an opt-in sticker would be better. No one who wants to opt out will put a sticker on their vehicle to opt out. I suppose you could leave opt in stickers for people but that may be as "rude" as leaving a toy.
I’m not concerned. For every one who complains there are 10 more who love the idea. It’s just like bad reviews at a restaurant. You can serve 99 great meals and no one says a peep, and the one meal that gets screwed up ends up on Yelp. It’s just the way of the world these days, sad but sort of understandable at the same time. All we can do is listen to their concerns and try to give them a chance to vent or better yet come up with a compromise that works for everyone. But one thing we’re not going to do is short change the 90% of the rest whose day will be brightened by these little friendly acts.

Gooskie

Black Diamond
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have resorted to "You've been Bucked" cards with a rainbow unicorn duck because hey! There are so few that I've seen in my area and I would hand it to them, not put it on their new truck. I would love to be bucked! But, that's just me 🤷‍♀️

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Please please please for the love of all that is good and holy do NOT put your idea of a cute decoration on my ride. I've customized and spent lots of money and waited SO LONG for this and if I see a rainbow ANYTHING desecrating that vision I'll be pretty damn annoyed. Good grief is nothing sacred anymore?

vehicle (1).png

GardenGirl

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Sasquatch Lux Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am a girl and I like dangly earrings and put cute wreaths on my house door each season.

But no no no, I don't want anything left on my car! I don't think people should touch other people's cars, not a good idea.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have resorted to "You've been Bucked" cards with a rainbow unicorn duck because hey! There are so few that I've seen in my area and I would hand it to them, not put it on their new truck. I would love to be bucked! But, that's just me 🤷‍♀️
If you want to get bucked, put a "Buck Me" sticker on your ride and be done with it. 🐎

Or "Buck Off"... that works, too.

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Please please please for the love of all that is good and holy do NOT put your idea of a cute decoration on my ride. I've customized and spent lots of money and waited SO LONG for this and if I see a rainbow ANYTHING desecrating that vision I'll be pretty damn annoyed. Good grief is nothing sacred anymore?

Ford Bronco Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion) vehicle (1)
No, haven't you heard?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion) 1644284375575
I understand your feelings. If someone leaves a note or cute decoration on my ride when I finally get one I will be happy that they did not key it or damage it. No harm no foul if it is not damaged. Broncos are expensive but in the end they are just vehicles. Now if you harm one of my family members or friends we will have a different conversation.

ricstang

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs