Sponsored

Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion)

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most Jeep people I've encountered are cool, and appreciate the Bronco: several grocery store parking lot dudes pulling up and saying "I love it" and "congratulations". I think Bronco owners lucky enough to get models on the early side should lead against a 'rivalry' attitude, because the types who buy these vehicles often have a lot in common.

Got 'ducked' when I left the doors off at the beach overnight, thought it was funny. Of course, you'll get the few Jeep curmudgeons (like I did on IG) who are whiny about it, but who cares?

As for 'don't touch my vehicle' - I generally agree, but if someone leaves a soft plastic item on a piece of plastic trim, I'm not going to waive a shotgun around yelling 'GIT!' :ROFLMAO:

Go for it dude.
Sponsored

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I dig the hell out of this and the community spirit this is illustrating. If I ever get 'Squatched I think I'm gonna try to figure out a way to hang them from the rear view or something - putting them on some classic tree air fresheners actually seems pretty fitting 👀 my husband and I are on the nerdy side already and have a lot of Sasquatch stickers and fridge magnets so we're kinda biased, and I love that this is way more niche than the ducks which is admittedly kinda too cutesy for my tastes

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess being a dealer and around vehicles all day, every day makes me kind of numb. I love my customers but the vehicles themselves are more of a commodity than a lifestyle or image thing to me. The weird thing was how close they parked, lots of spaces open on either side of me, then the scowl on their faces as they did the walk around. Wife said I better look at my door to make sure it wasn't damaged from their door hitting it. Almost felt like some sort of parking lot off-road vehicle intimidation. Dunno but it was odd.
So automobiles are your business. Your attitude towards this is understandable.

Aviation is my business -- both of my jobs involve flying airplanes or certifying pilots for certificates or ratings. I'm around enthusiastic, eager people all the time, many of them new to flying, but what seems neat and fun and new to them is something I've been doing every day for 20+ years.

Their passion and excitement is not something I can feel to that extent every day. But I try to look at what I do through their eyes and let some of that happiness "bleed over" into my life, rather than take another long and difficult workday with me to the local watering hole.

Geddy Lee of Rush (a band I've never liked but listen to anyway since my wife likes them) was asked once how the band could play "Tom Sawyer" thousands and thousands of times over their career and look like they were into it every single time. "I'd be happy if I never heard or had to perform that song again," he said, "but I put my all into it each time we play it. That's what it means to be a professional."

Food for thought.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get it Phil, it's like working at a donut shop. Pretty soon you don't want to see another one of those tasty circles of sugar. I've had some standing around my Jeep talking about how they are just a piece of shit, and they would never own one. And, I've had a bus load of folks from England hover around my Corvette in Seliegman, AZ on one of our Route 66 trips. One told me they had seen pictures of Corvettes, but never seen on in person. It's just part of the adventure of owning a higher profile vehicle than most I guess. Like Dave@broadicustomworks said, we know you to be a good guy. Enjoy the adventure. It will be much easier on your sanity. :)
Sanity? That thing left a loooooong time ago. I enjoy watching behavior and try understand why and how people work. The Jeep people waving at Bronco people is one of those things. If, "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand", there is agreement because, I don't. If not, the wave loses it's meaning and exclusivity to Jeep only. Confusion should be the correct term because I've not been exposed to "the wave" or "the look" before and find it amusing and annoying at the same time. It feels like being forced to play a game you've never played and don't know the "rules".

This is all tongue in cheek stuff. I get it but also get interested in reactions. How some of the people that whip their heads around when they see one don't have C-spine damage is beyond me. Also have had people take the wave back after seeing it wasn't another Jeep. That is LOL funny stuff, swear to God, state law.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey op. First thread got closed because some homophobic commenter felt the need to let his wretched views be known. One bad apple can spoil the bunch
As I said before, I would gladly partake in this.

But I'd also be cautious who I did it to. If it's a family type man or woman then they will appreciate the gesture. If I see the owner is a Joel Kinnaman type, I might value my hole less body too much to take the risk

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So automobiles are your business. Your attitude towards this is understandable.

Aviation is my business -- both of my jobs involve flying airplanes or certifying pilots for certificates or ratings. I'm around enthusiastic, eager people all the time, many of them new to flying, but what seems neat and fun and new to them is something I've been doing every day for 20+ years.

Their passion and excitement is not something I can feel to that extent every day. But I try to look at what I do through their eyes and let some of that happiness "bleed over" into my life, rather than take another long and difficult workday with me to the local watering hole.

Geddy Lee of Rush (a band I've never liked but listen to anyway since my wife likes them) was asked once how the band could play "Tom Sawyer" thousands and thousands of times over their career and look like they were into it every single time. "I'd be happy if I never heard or had to perform that song again," he said, "but I put my all into it each time we play it. That's what it means to be a professional."

Food for thought.
I'm the plane geek. Long story short, did my ground school, one instruction flight, instructor told me to get med card, passed, was honest on my meds and got dq'd for one I'm taking. Now all I can do is look up and wonder if I would've had a Cessna or a low wing and where the wife and I would be going today.

Not dumping on the excitement or lifestyle, just complaining about not wanting to play when out in public. I'd talk to anyone about it and let anyone drive but I'm really, meh about the other stuff.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm the plane geek. Long story short, did my ground school, one instruction flight, instructor told me to get med card, passed, was honest on my meds and got dq'd for one I'm taking. Now all I can do is look up and wonder if I would've had a Cessna or a low wing and where the wife and I would be going today.

Not dumping on the excitement or lifestyle, just complaining about not wanting to play when out in public. I'd talk to anyone about it and let anyone drive but I'm really, meh about the other stuff.
So I'll take you flying, and you let me play with the vehicles on your lot. We both win. ;)

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I figured by now I'd have instrument rating. So sad what could've been...😢:LOL:
Is the medical DOA? Have you ever held a 3rd class medical? BasicMed is an option if so. Or, depending on circumstances, after enough time has elapsed, you may be eligible for a special issuance medical certificate of some kind, or a standard 3rd class. Medical certification is an entire can of worms and it's not my specialty, but I know who to call. Feel free to PM me to discuss if at all interested.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a cool idea, but would be $$. I'm trying to keep the price down on these 'Squatches. Just the fact that it's a little plastic figurine instead of a duck drives the cost up. The ducks are very inexpensive; I found a 20-count for $7.00 and a 50 count for $10.00. The cheapest figurine-based 'Squatch I've been able to source so far has been approaching the $2/unit price. So that's going to take some work to sort out.
You could use a sharpie and number them....

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most Jeep people I've encountered are cool, and appreciate the Bronco: several grocery store parking lot dudes pulling up and saying "I love it" and "congratulations". I think Bronco owners lucky enough to get models on the early side should lead against a 'rivalry' attitude, because the types who buy these vehicles often have a lot in common.

Got 'ducked' when I left the doors off at the beach overnight, thought it was funny. Of course, you'll get the few Jeep curmudgeons (like I did on IG) who are whiny about it, but who cares?

Pretty much found the same thing here. Most Jeep people we've met out on the road have been nice and want to know more about the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion) Bronco-ducked

We got ducked a few weeks back. These two gals ducked our Bronco at a local Jeep show, saying it was their favorite because it wasn't like all the others.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we need a no trespassing sign if we choose not to participate? I realize this is being done in fun. But I’m not a fan of people touching my vehicles.
We have a solution in the works for folks who do not wish to participate. We are going to create a small gloss laminate, clear sticker (not label, which tends to deteriorate) which has a Squatch inside a red circle with a line through it. We're currently thinking you'd place this sticker on the driver side window near the door lock. It will be a small and unobtrusive sticker with nice graphics and no larger than 1.5"x1.5" and let the community know you do not wish to be Squatch'd.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
We have a solution in the works for folks who do not wish to participate. We are going to create a small gloss laminate, clear sticker (not label, which tends to deteriorate) which has a Squatch inside a red circle with a line through it. We're currently thinking you'd place this sticker on the driver side window near the door lock. It will be a small and unobtrusive sticker with nice graphics and no larger than 1.5"x1.5" and let the community know you do not wish to be Squatch'd.
Cool. Don’t get me wrong. It’s a cool idea. But idiots that choose to steal from and vandalize vehicles have ruined it for me.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't the safest solution be to assume the worst, and not touch or leave anything on any person's vehicle?

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went through the "Don't Touch" phase with the '69 Mach 1 and the '14 GT500. So done with that!! The Bronco is a toy for me. It's not a show piece, it'll be muddy at times and we'll have it out exploring. Squatch it, Duck it, doesn't matter. I drove the dealer mannequin and saw respect from Jeep peeps and other wheelers alike. Sounds cool,,,, carry on JeepCreep,,, 🤣🤣
Sponsored