Sponsored

Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion)

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m not sure about getting squatched, but I got that recipe right here for you:
I’ve made these a few times and they rock. The key is the espresso powder.
F7BCB08E-5242-4FA8-8B5D-460629DB0DCB.jpeg

I don't see Bill Gates' signature on that bad boy. I'm detecting high levels of tomfoolery here, son.
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question for all the people who are concerned about someone touching your Bronco or any vehicle for that matter, some to the point of outright anger!
sure some rather unhinged replies here, LOL

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a first draft of the "No Squatch" sticker.

First thing of note, we learned something as we started prototyping. The gloss laminate sticker is going to have to be bigger than originally planned because it simply isn't possible to make out the "No Squatch" text at the 1.5"x1.5" footprint. The sticker will be a little larger -- 3"x3".

I've attached a rendering of the No Squatch sticker and approximate size on a passenger side Bronco window for comparison. Thoughts are welcome.

I'll have some 'Squatch models presented too.

Ford Bronco Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion) NOSQUATCH

Ford Bronco Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion) NOSQUATCH-ON-BRONCO

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Look, we do understand that not everyone is going to want to be part of something unique and special.
If you are just copying what Jeep people do, wouldn’t that mean that this is neither unique nor special?

And I agree with many others who say using a Sasquatch figure limits the applicability to a smaller subset of Broncos. Kinda misses the overall point if you think about it. Unless you’re ONLY including Sasquatch Broncos in your game, because then it’s no longer a “Bronco” thing.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are just copying what Jeep people do, wouldn’t that mean that this is neither unique nor special?

And I agree with many others who say using a Sasquatch figure limits the applicability to a smaller subset of Broncos. Kinda misses the overall point if you think about it. Unless you’re ONLY including Sasquatch Broncos in your game, because then it’s no longer a “Bronco” thing.
Points taken, and thank you for your reasonable contribution - but no need to overthink the 'Squatch. Yes, there are Broncos with Sasquatch packages today. Who knows if there will be such a named package in a few years. At some point it'll be rebranded, renamed, or simply go away.

Ducks are completely random for Jeeps, but the 'Squatch has a connection. It's not about whether or not your Bronco is 'Squatched. The 'Squatch represents the spirit of all Broncos, whether you're on street tires at 33" or beefed up to 37" or even larger skins. And the image has stuck. Look around and you'll see Sasquatch themes everywhere in the burgeoning Bronco world.

We're pretty well set on the little 'Squatch at this point, but we could still have conversations about a whether he comes to visit your Bronco as a velcro patch, sticker, etc. vs. figurine... that is something the group is going to take a look at in the days ahead. Simply put, the figurines are darned expensive and we're having a hard time getting the cost down, so a patch or sticker (NOT attached to the vehicle for you, obviously) are being considered. But it's going to be Sasquatch for sure.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a first draft of the "No Squatch" sticker.

First thing of note, we learned something as we started prototyping. The gloss laminate sticker is going to have to be bigger than originally planned because it simply isn't possible to make out the "No Squatch" text at the 1.5"x1.5" footprint. The sticker will be a little larger -- 3"x3".

I've attached a rendering of the No Squatch sticker and approximate size on a passenger side Bronco window for comparison. Thoughts are welcome.

I'll have some 'Squatch models presented too.

Ford Bronco Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion) NOSQUATCH-ON-BRONCO

It’d probably be more reasonable for those that want to receive such things to put a sticker on their vehicles.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’d probably be more reasonable for those that want to receive such things to put a sticker on their vehicles.
As discussed, it's a no-go simply because the entire point of the exercise is to surprise-delight the recipients.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about leaving mini salt blocks on the hoods? Since horses like them ya know?

Ford Bronco Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion) 9749CDC9-D0B5-40E3-919E-EBF791053271

/s

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As discussed, it's a no-go simply because the entire point of the exercise is to surprise-delight the recipients.
Just kinda douchy to expect people to put signage on their vehicle so people don’t fuss with them.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The amount of push back is astounding. I for one am excited to be back into a niche community. As a former jeep owner, I missed the wave, the friendliness, the community. Yeah, it’s a vehicle but I just enjoyed the positivity that came with it in such a negative world.
Yeah, no kidding. This community has a long way to go to catch up with Jeep. But then again you have a large group of people here who know little to nothing about off-roading or the kind of adventures these vehicles are built for, not to mention the bond that creates with others when you're wheeling. But here's hoping they'll learn.

Anyway, we'll make the sticker for them to place on their driver window and we'll respect their desire not to be Squatch'd.
There's actually some fairly salty push back within the Jeep community as well.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-ducking-duck-duck-jeep.55215/
Some of the same 'don't touch my stuff' reactions, as well as some..., uh..., creative extrapolations ..., over the damage a small rubber duck could do to your vehicle.

I'll wave to a Bronco as readily as to a Wrangler. I simply choose to assume we've all bought these vehicles in the same spirit of fun, adventure and a love of taking the less traveled path.

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread is on the short cut to lock town.

I think the clear consensus is don’t touch other peoples shit

I think the way to participate in a surprise manner would be an “opt in” sticker. A tiny rubber duck or horseshoe sticker on the lower driver window means “I’m IN”. Otherwise stay off. Glocks don’t throw rocks.

Currently, if I see ya out and about I’ll toss you a horseshoe and sticker! However I can’t ever feel right putting something on someone’s hard earned possession. Even if it’s a soft toy.

hope to see everyone out and about in their broncos soon!!!!

9F93B9B5-EB39-4FBB-BCE6-49821D0CBD9A.jpeg

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread is on the short cut to lock town.

I think the clear consensus is don’t touch other peoples shit

I think the way to participate in a surprise manner would be an “opt in” sticker. A tiny rubber duck or horseshoe sticker on the lower driver window means “I’m IN”. Otherwise stay off. Glocks don’t throw rocks.

Currently, if I see ya out and about I’ll toss you a horseshoe and sticker! However I can’t ever feel right putting something on someone’s hard earned possession. Even if it’s a soft toy.

hope to see everyone out and about in their broncos soon!!!!

Ford Bronco Hand out Sasquatches instead of ducks? (part 2, the conclusion) 9F93B9B5-EB39-4FBB-BCE6-49821D0CBD9A
Those horseshoes are awesome! Hope we can team up. But don't misunderstand... the clear consensus is excitement.

Message boards bring out the curmudgeon in all of us and just like bad reviews for restaurants, here you have them from a small number of people concentrated in one little place. The community is all in on the idea and ready to participate given the emails and PMs we have received. We will continue to be respectful of those who don't wish to participate but we're also looking forward to the smiles this will create. The world can be a nicer, more pleasant place and the lil' 'Squatch is going to play a tiny part in helping make that happen when he comes to visit your rig (or one near you!)

Thanks for the feedback. Hope we trade a 'Squatch for a horseshoe with you in the near future!

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just kinda douchy to expect people to put signage on their vehicle so people don’t fuss with them.
No expectation to that effect. Just an option for those that are on the "extreme" side.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not sure I completely understand. Are you saying I have to deface my brand new vehicle with a sticker to keep someone from leaving something on it? And how many of these things end up falling off and becoming litter in the parking lot? How about the rest of y'all put some kind of sticker on your window that says you DO want people leaving crap on your truck.🤷‍♀️

And why do people keep saying "the consensus is..."??? Did we take a poll to see how many people want to play? And how many people look at this as littering or vandalism or some other kind of problem?😕

I understand that people like to play games like Duck, duck, Jeep, but this whole thread makes me disappointed that a bunch of Bronco owners are going to end up being clique-ish and obnoxious, just like the Jeep owners they are now trying to emulate. 😞

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe the bronco community comes up with something that isn’t a direct copy of a jeep thing. It feels a little forced.
This. There’s nothing more lame than copying a tradition. Simply changing the object to a Sasquatch is not “making it our own”.

Why not allow a tradition to develop organically instead of forcing it. This is the same with all of the “Bronco wave” threads.

Side note, to be expected to put a sticker on my car to notify others not to touch it is asinine.
Sponsored