l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

since the engine compartment was blanked out, what engine was really in there? 2.3 or 2.7?

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford hasn't given a full explanation but prevailing opinion is leaning towards GVWR. When adding SAS they are concerned it will put the vehicle over GVWR with the roof loaded.
Not just SAS. 2.7 4-door MIC sends you to the penalty box as well, with 33s.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford hasn't given a full explanation but prevailing opinion is leaning towards GVWR. When adding SAS they are concerned it will put the vehicle over GVWR with the roof loaded.
That’s my point. Then why are they parading around a decked out overland concept?

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OR...because it's a prototype... It doesn't have the same ride height as the final production version.
the Ford guy at super cell told me when I asked if it had the sas package said no lift and aftermarket wheels and sas only added about 1” of lift. I thought he was saying all Sas had 1” of lift but maybe not.... confused.

Sponsored

Jmo0311

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll believe my eyes over Ford at this point in time. It's easily discernible that the Sasquatch Broncos have more clearance under the fenders then this rig does. It could potentially be the weight but I doubt it. The bump stops do not increase fender clearance, they just decrease travel. At this point i'm expecting some type of spacer creating the extra space.

Yes this overland Bronco has less space in the fender wells. But those tires are a bit bigger (not 315s) and it's possible that it's a frankenbronco that doesn't resemble production height. But based off of the stats if they are accurate. The only difference between a non Sasquatch Badlands and a Sasquatch Badlands is tires when it comes to ride height. Yes I know the bump stops don't increase anything. They decrease travel at the top.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jus want to be one more person to add that i was at the Tennessee event.
The ford reps also told me that it is NOT Sasquatch.

so that’s great that they told Justin that it was Sasquatch.

but ford told many of us other wise.
So...
I guess take it for what it is worth.
Ford just lies?

and from seeing it in person, it is clearly a different height than all the other Sasquatch pictures.

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes this overland Bronco has less space in the fender wells. But those tires are a bit bigger (not 315s) and it's possible that it's a frankenbronco that doesn't resemble production height. But based off of the stats if they are accurate. The only difference between a non Sasquatch Badlands and a Sasquatch Badlands is tires when it comes to ride height. Yes I know the bump stops don't increase anything. They decrease travel at the top.
this Bronco had 315s on it at super cel... looks like the same tires to me. I was told Sas added 1” of lift plus 1” more for 35s over 33s. so 2” higher ride height. Just what Ford rep said.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was lucky enough to be invited by Ford to hang out with the Badlands Overland Concept at the Moab4x4 Expo. They gave me a whopping 30 minutes with it (that I turned into 45 minutes) and this video is the result.

CORRECTION TO EVERYBODY SAYING IT DOSN'T HAVE THE SASQUATCH
It does, it is a prototype. The front and rear lockers are on this, and it is also a manual transmission so there are a lot of mismatched parts here (including the roof rack everybody keeps mentioning). Yes, I was told the morning I filmed this by the Ford handler that it IS a Prototype Sasquatch. They referenced the Filson as having the more up-to-date version of the Sasquatch goodies, so maybe get a look at that one for more details on what the Sasquatch will really look like.

I made the exact same argument on volume button placement on my Benz... why put the buttons 8” from the damn radio knob. Glad to see I’m not alone.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Jus want to be one more person to add that i was at the Tennessee event.
The ford reps also told me that it is NOT Sasquatch.

so that’s great that they told Justin that it was Sasquatch.

but ford told many of us other wise.
So...
I guess take it for what it is worth.
Ford just lies?

and from seeing it in person, it is clearly a different height than all the other Sasquatch pictures.
Pretty sure its not lying but just hiring people who do not know off road cars and not training them well. Also a lot of confusion for them over Badlands suspension\Sasquatch suspension where they overlap like 80%.

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No Sasquatch (this has been confirmed by Ford) on that build and the front trail camera gets an awesome view of the back/top of the Warn winch.....
1604075178046.png
They gonna have to come up with something better for that front camera if you run a winch that's for sure ?

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would really appreciate clarity on this as well... I have been stuck between getting a Black Diamond with a squatch or a Badlands with no squatch.

I really don't want mudtires...
The New Goodyear Territory M/T is not a Mud Tire, the M/T stands for Max Traction, Goodyear has a video on the New tire somewhere ?

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4.7 only comes only Badlands manuals, but is included with all Sasquatch models.
Not true on the Canadian site. You can have an automatic and add 4.7 gears for free with no Sasquatch

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not true on the Canadian site. You can have an automatic and add 4.7 gears for free with no Sasquatch
Same on the US site.

I'd tested it by configuring a Badlands
2.7L EcoBoost V6
Automatic
Lux Package
Hard Top MIC
Tow Package
4.7:1 Rear Differential (No Sasquatch)

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the video walk around , very good

Looks like at 2:30 there is a view of the hoss coil over and what's not real clear but it looks like that coil is compressed oddly.
It would be good to know the length from eye to eye on these setups
Sponsored