Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks Vigor for the inspiration. I really like what you did, love the Carbonized Gray wheels and Falken tires. I plan on doing the same thing to my OBX, getting a quote on the wheels. As you say, it seems like a happy medium. Did you notice a change in your MPG?

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great. I was considering the exact same tire size, and either the Falken or Nitto, for my OBX if I am ever able to get it lol

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks Vigor for the inspiration. I really like what you did, love the Carbonized Gray wheels and Falken tires. I plan on doing the same thing to my OBX, getting a quote on the wheels. As you say, it seems like a happy medium. Did you notice a change in your MPG?
Thank you
I've been driving it without much care and my gas milage is 15mpg. Not great if you ask me. So I just filled up my tank an hour ago and this next go around I'll stick to normal mode and not being so aggressive with the gas pedal, and see how it improves

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks great. I was considering the exact same tire size, and either the Falken or Nitto, for my OBX if I am ever able to get it lol
I had the Falken Wildpeaks on my Bronco Sport Badlands and really liked them.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the party. A bunch of us have already been there done that. (y):love:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you
I've been driving it without much care and my gas milage is 15mpg. Not great if you ask me. So I just filled up my tank an hour ago and this next go around I'll stick to normal mode and not being so aggressive with the gas pedal, and see how it improves
You have to reset it every so often to get realistic results.

Tellsnow

Base
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks killer! Really digging the powder coated wheels, first time I've seen the stock OBX wheels done. With the wheels/tires/slight lift, you nailed the look IMO. And not having the need for the SAS upgrades I think you got exactly what you need. Congrats and enjoy!

Illini_STL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Went 275/70R18 General Grabber ATX. No issues. Gives it a significantly beefier look than stock. Love it.

99A4BB6F-2509-44DD-8469-CB59CBB6CFD0.jpeg

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I went from wildtrak modular top to a soft top obx in an effort to get my Bronco asap. I was hooked on the marketed cgi renders and achieving that look.
Example here:
Ford Bronco Happy medium? 275/70/r18 on OBX 99A4BB6F-2509-44DD-8469-CB59CBB6CFD0

When I test drove the obx, I loved it but the tires appeared a bit skinny. It just didnt have the look that I was enamored with. So thanks to this forum and my own research, I found a tire size that gets me to that look but doesn't quite sasquatch it out. (Im never gonna go rock crawling so sasquatch would have been a superficial upgrade not worth the $5k or so it is for the obx). Additionally it was crucially important that my Bronco was capable "in any terrain ", especially our northeast American winters. I want to go places and have my vehicle not be my challenge.

This led me to the 275/70 size falken wildpeaks (triple peak rated)
I'm posting this here for those interested to see how these size tires came out

Ford Bronco Happy medium? 275/70/r18 on OBX 99A4BB6F-2509-44DD-8469-CB59CBB6CFD0

To complete the look, like the cgi render I was going after, I had my dealer powder coat the stock obx wheels black. He also added the 1 Inch level.
I'm supremely happy with how it came out. Save for not having a mod top, I like to think it came out pretty close to that cgi render above!

Some other thoughts after having this for 4 days and 400 happy miles later

• The Bronco is slow off the jump but you can feel the power in 3rd gear and above. It feels like a heavy weight boxer trying to hold his endurance until round 10, so he takes it easy in the early rounds. That said... sport mode is a different story
  • I was joy riding and picked up speed going down hill pretty quickly. When I got to the top of the hill, there was a stop light and a long line of cars on the other side. I slammed the brakes because I had nowhere to go. Somehow the car stopped on the dime. After my heart slowed from 190 to 70, I had to metaphorically pat my Bronco on the head for stopping so well. Also promised myself I'd stick to speeds like that when there's nobody around. Lesson learned but hey even with these 61 pound each tires, the Bronco has good brakes
  • The biggest compliments I've been getting is about the wheels (or rims as the general public likes to say). Then they talk about the color. Yes carbonized grey is a winner!
  • Soft top is loud at 65 and above. The lux sound system is quite nice in town driving. But once you're on the highway, the wind noise drowns it out. I'm happy with the soft top but I can't wait for that mod top!
  • The wife approves. She says it's really road trip worthy. I agree. It's really comfy
  • How long until the new car smell goes away? I hope never
  • I installed the curt hitch by myself in 20 minutes. Dealers kept quoting me $500 to do it. That's ridiculous
  • Before my Bronco was even built, I bought the black pony and black bronco script to complete the blackout look. But the hubcaps have a silver pony, which is a great accent to the rest of the vehicle. So I left the silver pony on it and sent back the black pony and scripts

Here's a 360 video of my Bronco:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgqoBT21YPQ1y4hBQSZXdznLHc23FQ
Your Bronco really came out great! So glad you're happy with it. Enjoy the road!

Sponsored

eMan

Outer Banks
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Accent
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow ! Looks great. How are those tires in snow and ice i wonder. In Canada and don’t want to use snow tires.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow ! Looks great. How are those tires in snow and ice i wonder. In Canada and don’t want to use snow tires.
They're triple peak rated. Reviews all state they're great in the snow (which is why I opted for them). We haven't been blessed with snow in PA yet but I'm looking forward to it!

Lars_B_Fan

Outer Banks
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks, 2011 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Went 275/70R18 General Grabber ATX. No issues. Gives it a significantly beefier look than stock. Love it.

Thanks for sharing! Looks sharp at night. This is my exact build and upgrade tires: OBX, Iconic Silver, 275/70R18 General Grabber ATX. (Jan 10th build week)

eMan

Outer Banks
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Accent
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They're triple peak rated. Reviews all state they're great in the snow (which is why I opted for them). We haven't been blessed with snow in PA yet but I'm looking forward to it!
Would love to hear how they handle. My OB arrives in Feb I hope so will need something for snow
Sponsored