First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Harbor freight has always had great winches. Now they have a pretty one :ROFLMAO:

I will be building a mount for one one day, probably in a parking lot on a roadtrip.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All the videos and reviews I have seen on it have been very positive. Whats even crazier is Harbor Frieght lowered the price around $200 not that long ago. It was $800 or so and with a coupon you could get it close to $600. Now it is $600 all the time.

Sponsored

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope someone figures out how to put a receiver on the front of the Bronco in a tasteful way… like behind the bumper with a removable access plate or something.

I’d love one of these winches on a receiver mount that could go front or rear.

And a Badland winch on a Badlands Bronco is just perfect!

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i am quite sure when some customers begin driving their broncos into the custom shops people will begin fabricating the mounts and new bumpers. but ford needs to deliver more of these vehicles to customers. how long have customers been getting retail delivery two weeks now? pretty soon for someone to be dropping off the car and a fat stack of cash and saying build me something special before they get their first oil change... i wonder how long until the first coyote engine swap happens?

for things like this HFT tends to make a good product, just there are some differences from a premium winch maker like warn. the HFT model will probably be heavier, as in the unit will weigh more than a premium winch. also, the HFT unit will probably draw more amperage from the battery to perform equal work. the HFT winch is also made in china, not made in the USA. my take on this is whether the value over the quality is your priority. not saying this is a piece of crap but look at HFT's hand tools and then look at snap on. there is a difference, both will accomplish the job, but sometimes when the cheap wrench slips you tear the skin off your knuckles.

Last edited:

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I usually only buy disposable stuff from HF. I know they"re trying to make more upscale lines but their products will always seem like 2nd rate knockoffs.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Made with the finest Chinesium and backed by HF tried and true warranty!
It's all made in China 😂. Hell, even the companies that say "made in America" still have some parts in winches and stuff that comes from China, but because some parts are from America they advertise "made it America"

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Made with the finest Chinesium and backed by HF tried and true warranty!
Oh, the toxic Chinesium is in the air at HF. You need a haz mat suit and respirator to go in there. My wife refuses to go in. I literally take a shower and wash my clothes after about 5 minutes in that place.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I usually only buy disposable stuff from HF. I know they"re trying to make more upscale lines but their products will always seem like 2nd rate knockoffs.
This is true for a great many things Harbor Freight, the trick is knowing the exceptions to that rule. Most things HF are disposable, however their truly good items are work horses. I have a 180 AMP MIG welder that still works amazing (it's better the same level welder from Miller) and I purchased it in 2000!!!

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hope someone figures out how to put a receiver on the front of the Bronco in a tasteful way… like behind the bumper with a removable access plate or something.

I’d love one of these winches on a receiver mount that could go front or rear.

And a Badland winch on a Badlands Bronco is just perfect!
I can share some experience on this idea, and some opinions. There is no good place to keep a winch mounted on a receiver plate inside a vehicle. It's very heavy, and has to go on the floor. So, it's not convenient when you need to pull it out to use it. I was actually on a trip and one of the guys had a receiver mount, he happened to roll on an obstacle and got hit in the head by his winch. He was VERY lucky he just got a bump and a cut. If a front receiver winch is left on, it hangs too low and sticks out to far and approach angle becomes a problem. We've had to remove a front receiver winch, let the car get up on the obstacle, then reinstall the heavy receiver winch. Not fun. Additionally, if you get stuck going forward, you still want to go forward, so what purpose is there in mounting a winch on the back so you can pull yourself backwards? Just pull yourself forward which is where you were going.

So, receiver winches are an old idea, and very impractical in the real world. Been there, done that. Just mount the winch on a winch bumper in front and be done with it. Just sharing experience and perspective here.
Sponsored