First Name
CHAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just curious to hear what people like to purchase from Harbor freight for overlanding gear that some of us might not normally think of…. They seem to have decent tools at a good price. But then again, you get what you pay for. What is your favorite Harbor Freight stuff that goes on trip with you??
Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a Jackery from Harbor Freight that I use for car camping. I’m not sure what overlanding is, but if it is anything like car camping I can recommend a Jackery from Harbor Freight.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just about everything at HF is good for overlanding.

Recovery gear. Apache boxes. Solar panels. To name top of the list.

Even their tools. They are not mechanic grade tools but they are inexpensive and are great to put together a tool roll to just keep in your Bronco or trailer for emergency repairs. (and yes, you can even buy the tool roll there)

Easier to ask “what to avoid” at HF. The list is shorter. For me, that would include “flashlights”. I no longer purchase any flashlights/headlamps/etc that use batteries. Only use rechargeable torches these days and HF hasn’t broken into this market yet. But I predict that will be changing in the future.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Badland line of winches, jacks and other hardware are great for the price. They sell LED lights for 10% the price of Baja Designs.

Mikerkelly

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
8,000lb Cable Winch puller:

69855_W3.jpg

Their moving blankets make great picnic blankets, dog beds or blankets in your tent:

58324_W3.jpg

Extreme duty tarps, can cover a ripped tent, you can make you own shelters out of them:

57031_W3.jpg

Magnesium Fire Starter:

66560_W3.jpg

Leverlers :

56156_W3.jpg

dale137

Wildtrak
First Name
dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
they have some rock lights that I bought, I thought they would be good cargo lights in the back. I haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

57205_W3.jpg

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well…we are just talking about vehicle based camping, so yes and no. It all comes down to personal preferences.

Badland offroad Jack: Hell yes. I discovered last weekend that my trusty old floor Jack was not tall enough and finally broke my ancient 4x4 block of wood (I pooped a little). So I picked up one of these floor jacks. Recommended.

Badland winch: if I was planning to run a winch on my build I would be seriously considering this winch

tools: if you choose wisely, sure.

tool boxes repurposed as camping boxes: Yes, but IMPO I’ve grown to prefer soft cases as they are quieter & kinder to the interior of the vehicle.

lights: that’s a personal call. Again it’s all about personal preference. I’m a bit of a color temperature nerd so HF lights are a no for me but I have a few buddies that have knock off lights and they don’t complain about them…even when they fritz out and die.

If you find something that fits your needs, go for it.
Sponsored