First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone speak to the quality? I'm hesitant to be cheap when it comes to making it back out of the desert at the end of the day. Not a fan of being turned into coyote poop, but also not a fan of $3500 for the Ford kit.

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone speak to the quality? I'm hesitant to be cheap when it comes to making it back out of the desert at the end of the day. Not a fan of being turned into coyote poop, but also not a fan of $3500 for the Ford kit.
If you notice on " Matts Offroad Recovery" on youtube, he and Rudy both use HF winches. And they use them ALOT. The reviews are solid also!

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't hesitate buying a badlands. 2 of the jeep guys I ride with have them and they are perfectly fine.

Honestly, I used to put WARN winches on all of my side by sides. My last side by side I put a cheap Champion winch on it. It was totally fine.

Badlands has been put to use on my friends father in laws Jeep many of times. Unless you are using it commercially (using it multiple times a day every day for years) no point in spending all that on a name brander.

Ford Bronco Harbor freight winch on sale..... IMG_0142

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty thorough review. Ive heard good things from a bunch of people
I like that guy's style and approach.
Talking to young folks (not at them), instructing them, letting them know in a teaching, mentoring way, things that, as he said, they need to or should know.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that guy's style and approach.
Talking to young folks (not at them), instructing them, letting them know in a teaching, mentoring way, things that, as he said, they need to or should know.
Agreed. Doesnt dwell with BS, tells it how it is

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why I love you guys. All solid answers. Thank you. I'm going to take a closer look.

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
10 plus years on a Badlands 12,000 lbs winch, no protection, still works like day one.

It's a tool, not a lifestyle decision.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Harbor Freight makes awesome winches. I've seen them go through some hell. If you get the extended warranty you get no-questions-asked replacements, which you can buy extended warranties for again.

Harbor Freight carries A LOT of junk, but every once and a while they have some gems. Their winches are one of those gems.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was looking for a sand blaster and found this on sale. I know a few of you were looking at possibly getting this winch. Both the wireless synthetic and wired steel cable are on sale if you are an ITC member...

https://www.harborfreight.com/APEX-...ss-Remote-56385.html?cid=itcnonmember_oct2021

https://www.harborfreight.com/APEX-...ss-Remote-57918.html?cid=itcnonmember_oct2021

Go ahead and buy that sand blaster. The Harbor Freight pressurized sand blaster is a Chinese death trap. Unless you enjoy picking low grade metal shrapnel from random parts of your body. I bought one of their pressurized sand blasters. First use, the on off nozzle failed. Five minutes after that, the welded tripod leg fell off. I released the pressure and stopped work right then and there. I then realized China doesn’t give a flip about steel quality. This sand blaster proved it. I decided I did not want my last thought on this planet to be, “ I should have bought the USA model sand blaster”. A friend wanted to borrow the damn thing. I gave it to him, but warned him it was a death trap. After his first attempt of use, he agreed. Hopefully, whatever it was recycled for wont prove lethal. BTW, same goes for their jacks and jack stands. Your dying thought while pinned under a two ton car shouldn’t be, “ I’m dying because I went the cheap route”.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone got an ITC number I can borrow? 😎

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got 4 years on mine replaced the solenoid and a couple terminals a year ago. It would pull in just not out. It never had a cover and was never parked inside. So the solenoid got wet. But that was the old style design. Apex is much better im sure. If you are worried at all. Just buy a replacement solenoid put it in your kit in a dry baggie and never worry.
Otherwise I have bridged rivers, towed a 7500lb van up a 30 degree incline, operated bumper mounted graders, and pulled down trees with mine.

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Go ahead and buy that sand blaster. The Harbor Freight pressurized sand blaster is a Chinese death trap. Unless you enjoy picking low grade metal shrapnel from random parts of your body. I bought one of their pressurized sand blasters. First use, the on off nozzle failed. Five minutes after that, the welded tripod leg fell off. I released the pressure and stopped work right then and there. I then realized China doesn’t give a flip about steel quality. This sand blaster proved it. I decided I did not want my last thought on this planet to be, “ I should have bought the USA model sand blaster”. A friend wanted to borrow the damn thing. I gave it to him, but warned him it was a death trap. After his first attempt of use, he agreed. Hopefully, whatever it was recycled for wont prove lethal. BTW, same goes for their jacks and jack stands. Your dying thought while pinned under a two ton car shouldn’t be, “ I’m dying because I went the cheap route”.
Interesting, I have not heard anything bad about them until just now. If I end up getting one, hopefully I won't die? You know shrapnel and all.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I said this earlier on another post: I bought a Badlands winch for my FJ40 this season to replace a failing winch before a trip. The positive reviews and the price were to good not to give it a try. I gotta say so far I love it. The wireless remote, that can be hardwired "if" there was a problem, it comes with all the stuff to remote mount the control box if you want. Perks you'd have to pay extra with other units. And in use, (and it got a great break-in) it worked fantastic! Line speed is great, good pulling power. If I had a gripe it was only having 80ft of line when I was used to more. (but it did come with 3/8" synthetic line). So I'd say go for it, this one's staying on the FJ40 and I'll get another for the Bronco once I find a mount I like. The rough country hidden mount checks a lot of boxes, but I want to see how it fits a mod bumper, how it holds up under real use and is there a way to free spool.
Sponsored