Sponsored

Hard or Soft Top? They Both Have Issues...

Allagash

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BL, SAS, LUX / 2017 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm getting ready to place my order this week. I want both the hard and soft tops. Last week I test drove a Bronco with both a hard and soft tops. Although thoroughly impressed with both Broncos I was underwhelmed by how much wind noise I heard in the hard top Bronco. My 2005 Jeep LJ's hard top lets in zero wind noise...

Driving the soft top Bronco, I was impressed by it. My only issue with the soft top is the way the back side windows don't seem to fit right and they have that "buckle" in them.

So do I order with the soft top then buy an aftermarket hard top eventually that has the fitment issues figured out? Or buy the hard top and live with the noise then buy an aftermarket soft top that has the side window thing fixed? One more factor is that I see where ordering the hard top could take longer for delivery than the soft top. If that's the case I may just go with the soft top...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it depends upon how the will use it. Do you need the roof rack? If so, the hard top is your only option short of a big tubular frame. I can tell you, this is one of the hardest options for me to choose. I ordered the soft top due to ease of opening and ability to always carry that top in case of a storm or it cools off in the evening.

OP
OP
Allagash

Allagash

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BL, SAS, LUX / 2017 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think it depends upon how the will use it. Do you need the roof rack? If so, the hard top is your only option short of a big tubular frame. I can tell you, this is one of the hardest options for me to choose. I ordered the soft top due to ease of opening and ability to always carry that top in case of a storm or it cools off in the evening.
I don't need the roof rack as I'm a mountain biker and will carry my bikes on a hitch mounted bike rack. The Bronco will be garaged always. I plan on zipping out the windows but leaving the soft to up during the summer months and will keep the doors off as well and only drive it on days with good weather. If it rains, I'll deal with it.

Typically with my Jeep, I keep the hard top on from mid September through mid May. I'll most likely do the same with the Bronco.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't sound like the dual top option is available right now, so it sounds like the soft top will fit your needs for now until the aftermarket catches up. Many people currently with the soft top indicate that they're happy with it in the winter.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Guess it depends if you plan to drive with the roof off often. I wanted a hardtop but of course went with the soft top. I didn't think I would be taking the roof off as much as I do but man it's awesome how easy and simple it is to do. Personally the wavy windows don't bother me as it let's the back side of the soft top to be able to lift up so I can fit mtb in back. Will eventually by a swing away hitch for my rack but as of now I take it inside the bronco which is very nice lol. I do want to eventually get a hardtop as well but after having the soft top, I'm in no rush for it.
Sponsored