First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I made it to Townsend, TN this afternoon. Townsend is home to Bronco Super Celebration East.

I drove 8 hours and saw NO 6G Broncos until I pulled into my hotel parking lot (only saw 2 at hotel). Almost 600 miles on a major east/west interstate and not one Bronco. I figured as I got closer to the world’s biggest Bronco event, I would start seeing 6G Bronco’s, but no.

I do realize that the BSC doesn’t start until tomorrow.
I drove by the event field and saw maybe a dozen lurking around. Not many people are here yet, period.

There’s a whole new layout at the site. Split rail fences and gravel pathways. Much more difficult to get around and spread out. On the positive side, it will probably be safer for pedestrians.

I also got a look at the shirts at the Bronco Driver Magazine tent. They have some great looking t-shirts this year. Ford is setting up as usual with freebies for taking surveys.

Looks like a lot of fun. Ate at Trailhead Steak and Trout. Great steak! Hope you can go!

BTW, the early Bronco people have been friendly to me in my 6G Bronco. That’s encouraging for the future of the Bronco and Bronco lovers!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Umm. I’m about to leave to head down. It’s a 14hr drive. Should I bag it? If you could post some more or even text me I’d appreciate it.

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Umm. I’m about to leave to head down. It’s a 14hr drive. Should I bag it? If you could post some more or even text me I’d appreciate it.
Looks like it will be a great event, I’m just early. There weren’t many early Broncos here yet either. Hundreds will be rolling in, in the next 24-36 hours. Most people come later in the week. I enjoyed being able to be in my Bronco for 8 hours straight. I wouldn’t miss it unless providentially hindered.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll be bringing my 68 in the morning. It’s only about 45 mins from my house.

Ford Bronco Hard to Believe, but True—-BSC-TN 2F3385D2-D3CE-4E14-8DD7-BB48D2F08DA5
Theres no real hotels in the area. I was planning to stay about 40 mins or so out to get a decent but cheap place. Any town or area to stay away from or favor? Literally booking in a few mins.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both times I went I end up leaving before Trailhead opens. I've always wanted to eat there! I'm not going to SC this time around as all it will do is piss me off because I honestly expected to have my Bronco last year.

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most everything nearby is booked. Nothing in the immediate vicinity is very nice. The Maryville area (maybe 5-10 miles away) is probably your best bet to have a decent room.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Theres no real hotels in the area. I was planning to stay about 40 mins or so out to get a decent but cheap place. Any town or area to stay away from or favor? Literally booking in a few mins.
The Best Western is right next to it, but I noticed 3 charter buses there. I'm staying at the Tremont which is less than 1/4 mile down from the Best Western. Nothing fancy. I'll be going to SCE tomorrow. Likely start the day with an early run through Cades Cove and then enter the loop again and exit over top of Rich Mountain (one way out of GSMNP). Should time it(SCE) for the afternoon.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most everything nearby is booked. Nothing in the immediate vicinity is very nice. The Maryville area (maybe 5-10 miles away) is probably your best bet to have a decent room.
I don't know, it all depends on expectations. I'm at the Tremont. Not modern or fancy, but clean. Hot shower and comfortable bed. I don't need much more as I'm not staying in the area to be in the room. This morning I was gone by 7am and didn't get back till 7PM.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Best Western is right next to it, but I noticed 3 charter buses there. I'm staying at the Tremont which is less than 1/4 mile down from the Best Western. Nothing fancy. I'll be going to SCE tomorrow. Likely start the day with an early run through Cades Cove and then enter the loop again and exit over top of Rich Mountain (one way out of GSMNP). Should time it(SCE) for the afternoon.
Welp - I’m on my way to the Tremont.
Ford Bronco Hard to Believe, but True—-BSC-TN 38BF4954-1E48-497E-BC08-C0FFEFBE0D0E

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tremont is great when one is planning on going to the event for the purpose the event and it's great because it's close by. Folks going to hang out at their lodging as much as the event usually get a cabin somewhere in the hills near by. Pigeon Forge and Marysville are the only close places to get a "modern" hotel room. The cabin we stayed at last year, one had to be part billy goat to walk up to, had to back up and into in our f350 because the turn were too sharp at the top to turn around....or just drive the bronco all the way there was easier lol.
Ford Bronco Hard to Believe, but True—-BSC-TN 20210422_192849

Ford Bronco Hard to Believe, but True—-BSC-TN 20210422_192855

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Heading down tomorrow from Kentucky so not a long run. Was hopping to have my '22 Wildtrak by now, but between Ford and the trucking company, they managed to screw that up. Be rolling down in the F350 dually. We have a cabin in Wears Valley rented. Still looking forward to checking out the more fortunate people that have received their G6's, definitely interested to see the G1's, had a '77 back in the day.

Last edited:

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can try Maryville. To be honest, hotels for BSC book up almost immediately after the dates are announced. I booked a hotel for Friday and Saturday night back in Oct and the closest I could get was a 10 min walk to tally-ho

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm heading down tomorrow morning and will arrive around noon to the event. I'm cheap so I booked a motel room in Pigeon Forge for a couple nights. It's a beautiful 25 - 30 minute drive from Pigeon Forge out to Townsend.
Sponsored