John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ran one of these on another vehicle for years. After driving my wife's Bronco I'll probably be buying one.
Thought it might be a useful tip for some.
https://lightinsight.com/install/
That's funny! At 6'5", it's hard to see many traffic lights. I'll lower my electric seat, or make the front passenger the spotter! There's so little Glass area, I'd be afraid of covering more of it with your light tape, but worth considering!

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ha - this has been one of my biggest complaints after moving to NY. Seems like as long as the light is 'over' the intersection, it's ok. I've been at lights and had to resort to opening the sunroof (if equipped) to see the light over the top of my car. Some are actually hanging in front of the stop line on the road. Just another good reason to remove those Bronco top panels - or throw back that front section of the softie.

Sponsored

BruceEnglish

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for sharing, I just purchased it. Traffic signals are a pain in the bronco.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's funny! At 6'5", it's hard to see many traffic lights. I'll lower my electric seat, or make the front passenger the spotter! There's so little Glass area, I'd be afraid of covering more of it with your light tape, but worth considering!
Not sure if it helps. I ran the on a 2002 Mini Cooper S for about 17 years. That windshield is smaller than the Broncos. After week you don't notice it except when you need it. No, I'm not getting a kick back from them ;)

cve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any issues with it creating a hotspot on the dash or interior?

OP
OP

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any issues with it creating a hotspot on the dash or interior?
Good thought. I would say no. I really can't remember it even creating a bright spot visually. When I leave work and it's the end of Summer I'm staring straight into the sun. Pretty annoying for a few weeks. Never had an issue. You place it right up where the headliner meets windshield. Not an issue. I was a member of a large MINI club and most of the 6' + folks bought them. Never heard a complaint. And car people love to complain :D

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure if it helps. I ran the on a 2002 Mini Cooper S for about 17 years. That windshield is smaller than the Broncos. After week you don't notice it except when you need it. No, I'm not getting a kick back from them ;)
I had 3 mini cooper’s thru the years and I have taken my lightinsight to each. Someone coined the term the “duck” which this saves your neck from.
Sponsored