Sponsored

Hard-top - 2nd row section storage - roof rack? Options?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for filling me in. I assumed they were the size of the front panels or possibly the porthole from 2-door Mod top.

One can only guess what sorts of crazy weather you get down there in San Diego. ..... :unsure:

Here’s a visualization of the size of the 2nd row panel. It’s not insignificant (compared to the half width front panels).

Ford Bronco Hard-top - 2nd row section storage - roof rack? Options? 32F89CDF-E533-4805-B798-F88D24FCF27C
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here’s a visualization of the size of the 2nd row panel. It’s not insignificant (compared to the half width front panels).

32F89CDF-E533-4805-B798-F88D24FCF27C.jpeg
Yea, I agree with where you're going with this. The 2-door is a better layout, nobody should buy 4-doors.

I concur.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am wondering how to over come this too. I wish Bestop would make a sunrider for hardtop that covered both the front and the middle. It does seem like there will be a short rack that covers just the read and maybe you could store the middle panel on it. You would need some type of storage bad and a STRONG way to attach it.

Ford Bronco Hard-top - 2nd row section storage - roof rack? Options? 32F89CDF-E533-4805-B798-F88D24FCF27C
we had the Sunrider on a rental Wrangler and it was fantastic, but with the Bronco they either have to come up with a 2 stop solution, only front or front+back open or I'm not buying. In the photo here it also looks like this is the painted top, I'd not want to drive around with a soft top bounding around on my painted top....

If they come up with something that can open in intervals, or maybe even just as one big thing opening it all up, I'll sell my soft top. I'd rarely put it all the way down, want to keep my dog contained.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of my biggest concerns with the hard-top is that to actually use the 2nd row removable panel you have to leave it at home.
What happens when you want to close up while out? What if the weather turns? What if the people in the back seat just get tired of it being open and want to have it back on?
The front panels store easily in the back, but the 2nd row panel does not.

I wonder if there will be some kind of accessory to store the 2nd row panel on the roof rack or something?

Any thoughts on this? What are the options for not being stuck somewhere without it?

This is another reason I'm considering the soft-top: you can go full up or down and everything in between and keep it all with you.

Edit - just to be clear, I know the factory roof rack won't let you take off the 2nd row. I am wondering about an aftermarket rack that would allow the 2nd row to come off and be stored up top.
Bronco was built for 2 things: Offroading and Open-air experience...

Leave the roof and if you have a need for a rack then you should just keep the roof on lol

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is correct. At least from what the reps said at CEL East. FWIW.
I think what they mean is the roof rack is in the way of removing the rear section. You would need to at least partially unfasten the rack to remove the roof panel. There's no attaching point for the rack under the 2nd row panel, so you could put the rack back on with the roof panel removed.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am wondering how to over come this too. I wish Bestop would make a sunrider for hardtop that covered both the front and the middle. It does seem like there will be a short rack that covers just the read and maybe you could store the middle panel on it. You would need some type of storage bad and a STRONG way to attach it.

I'm getting the Sunrider top like here, so don't think the middle panel can be removed with that attached.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
we had the Sunrider on a rental Wrangler and it was fantastic, but with the Bronco they either have to come up with a 2 stop solution, only front or front+back open or I'm not buying. In the photo here it also looks like this is the painted top, I'd not want to drive around with a soft top bounding around on my painted top....

If they come up with something that can open in intervals, or maybe even just as one big thing opening it all up, I'll sell my soft top. I'd rarely put it all the way down, want to keep my dog contained.
The cloth part is what's sitting on the painted roof. That rig was at my dealer a couple of months ago. Sitting in it with the top open is pretty nice. I added that top to my build.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Zach, the pic shows a large removable rear panel in the 2-Dr mod top.
Is this replacing the earlier version we've seen with the small, oval, 'port-hole' roof panel?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zach, the pic shows a large removable rear panel in the 2-Dr mod top.
Is this replacing the earlier version we've seen with the small, oval, 'port-hole' roof panel?
I don’t have any additional information than what’s in that doc... it’s dated January 2021 which is more recent than the B&P renderings, so I’m inclined to believe this image is current production plan.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks. That removable 90% panel sure would be nice compared to the original 30% hatch we've seen earlier! I haven't paid a lot of attention to the mod top until now.... time to reconsider the MIC vs modular.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Part of me likes the idea of the roof hatch, but for $1900, will that really impact me as the driver? Nah. I won't really get to enjoy that feature, and the $,$$$ can go for other features or fun. Now, if a white top or a different top comes to market, that might change my mind, but dark gray to black is not enough for me. Leaves money for a bimini

As for the roof rack, I will primarily use it to transport a SUP, and I suspect there will be a way to accomplish this task with the full top removed.

Part of the reason I am getting a non-squatch version is because the roof rack will be easier to access, especially with mounting a bike. This will be a fun, adventure, go anywhere vehicle for me, not a bad ass off-roaders. Something fully capable.

Ford Bronco Hard-top - 2nd row section storage - roof rack? Options? vehicle (1)
Sponsored