Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As of now hard top is standerd on 2 door and option on 4 door. As for colors carbon gray is standered on 2 door hard top there is an option for body color hard top to match or shadow black painted hard top there might be a white top avaible too. For fender flares it’s either carbon gray or body painted to match if you get the outer banks. We should be able to build our broncos sometime in august on ford website and see prices

dano0726

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the fender flares are anything like my Jeep JK Wrangler, then the plastic will fade quickly here in the Houston heat...I ended up Line-X'ing my fender flares since the ugly faded/now gray flares looked terrible within 1 year of ownership...

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the fender flares are anything like my Jeep JK Wrangler, then the plastic will fade quickly here in the Houston heat...I ended up Line-X'ing my fender flares since the ugly faded/now gray flares looked terrible within 1 year of ownership...
I plan on using the areospace stuff on them after every wash to keep them from fading

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read that if you apply Ceramic Coating to black plastic like the fender flares, it really brings back any fade, and protects it after.
I plan on applying a Ceramic Coating myself after getting my Bronco, adds a layer of protection and makes washing so easy. I am also too cheap to pay someone $800+ to do it...

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I plan on using the areospace stuff on them after every wash to keep them from fading
Does that stuff work well?

---

To me, the flares are the place to worry about least, as they're easy to replace.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here you go, I just fixed all your faded fenders. One bottle of this stuff will cover the plastics on about 100 Jeeps, so more Broncos. :)

I have used this for the past decade and also done tests on different plastics. It will penetrate the plastic and is not a surface dressing. It will hold up as well as the OEM plastic, so assume re-application annually in areas such as Texas.

Goes on easy, spreads far, super easy to clean up as you go, won't stain your paint. It's a fabulous product.

Solution Finish plastic restorer

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

. . .the ugly faded/now gray flares looked terrible within 1 year of ownership...
For anyone having this trouble, I brought back the faded-to-graywhite trim on my father-in-law's 2003 CJ (flares, bumper ends, upper valance, etc.) with Griot's Garage Rubber Prep, followed by Blackshine Trim Restorer. Nearly as good as new, except where there was some fatiguing on the right front flare (probably a boulder scrape).

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

---

To me, the flares are the place to worry about least, as they're easy to replace.
I asked in another thread and was told this stuff works really well it’s used in boats plastics all kinds of stuff all the customer reviews on amazon were really positive too

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

303 aerospace protectant works Extremely well.

It is recommended by countless manufacturers.

It was recommended for the soft top I had on my 85 bronco. I also use it on my sea eagle inflatable kayaks and they have not faded one bit.

Many swear by some of these black restoration products, but they typically need to be reapplied again at some point because they are essentially just re-hydrating the plastic with a petroleum or silicone-based compound which WILL eventually dry out.

In many cases it looks worse after drying out than it did before applying the product.

If you use the 303 protectant from the get-go they will continue to look new for a very long time.

FE787848-E429-471A-ACC2-41CFC3203D0F.jpeg

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As of now hard top is standerd on 2 door and option on 4 door. As for colors carbon gray is standered on 2 door hard top there is an option for body color hard top to match or shadow black painted hard top there might be a white top avaible too. For fender flares it’s either carbon gray or body painted to match if you get the outer banks. We should be able to build our broncos sometime in august on ford website and see prices
Anyone getting a white 4-door can probably make out nicely with dual tops and a body color painted hard top, if you know what I mean....

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we know what material the 2 DR body color match top is made out of? Looks metal (aluminum or steel) from Ford's colorizer photos or is it the same as MIC?

Anyone have long term experience with white MIC tops in terms of staying true to color, ability to clean off dead bugs and crap?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
303 aerospace protectant works Extremely well.

It is recommended by countless manufacturers.

It was recommended for the soft top I had on my 85 bronco. I also use it on my sea eagle inflatable kayaks and they have not faded one bit.

Many swear by some of these black restoration products, but they typically need to be reapplied again at some point because they are essentially just re-hydrating the plastic with a petroleum or silicone-based compound which WILL eventually dry out.

In many cases it looks worse after drying out than it did before applying the product.

If you use the 303 protectant from the get-go they will continue to look new for a very long time.

Ford Bronco Hard top and flare color choices FE787848-E429-471A-ACC2-41CFC3203D0F
10 years of experience using Solution Finish (linked above) and over 2 decades experience with 303. I'll would and do use Solution Finish on my vehicles.

FWIW, 303 isn't some miracle "lifetime application". You'll be putting that on intermittently as well. It's a great product, no doubt. But i'd argue the plastics used today are simply better than they used to be, Chevy Avalanch as the gold standard in "how to use cheap plastics and get cheap results" on a modern automobile... But it is GM we're talking about with that...
Sponsored