Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The SMC panel is a more rigid panel while the thermoplastic sheet used for the MIC top is thinner and flexible. The main reason for the SMC panel is that it provides a much better surface for the paint to adhere to.

The SMC roof will be more rigid than the MIC roof, but will of course also be heavier.
Makes sense. Thank you for the additional explanation.
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m just REALLY hoping the body color top is available at launch for the 2-door. It’s been taken off the Outer Banks page as an option and they also removed the body color top from the main page 360 colorizer. Had my heart set on an all blue bronco ever since they announced the return years ago :(
I know when I ordered my Rubicon JLU , body colored hard tops were taking longer to produce which was holding up those orders. With over 150k reservations, ford might have decided to limit the body color tops to keep the assembly lines moving quicker. If not offered the first year they'll most likely add the second year.

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The SMC panel is a more rigid panel while the thermoplastic sheet used for the MIC top is thinner and flexible. The main reason for the SMC panel is that it provides a much better surface for the paint to adhere to.

The SMC roof will be more rigid than the MIC roof, but will of course also be heavier.
How do these stand up to hundred plus degree weather? Does the SMC roof offer added sound and temperature insulation? Do you know what Ford will be calling these?

KaneNorth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got painted flares on my JKU, I will never order painted flares again. Unless you get some sort of clear coat wrap to protect them or some big mud flaps behind the front tires they’re going to get destroyed by rock chips.

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Found this on the ford website and never noticed it before - white (body color) fender flares.

Ford Bronco Hard top and flare color choices 4FD9E865-B180-4559-8B05-0F36AD1C24DC

Sponsored

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, it says Outer Banks in the caption lol.
My point is Outer Banks has body painted flares. It's common knowledge. The $1,000,000 question is whether Ford will offer white or possibly silver painted flares as an option on other trims.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got painted flares on my JKU, I will never order painted flares again. Unless you get some sort of clear coat wrap to protect them or some big mud flaps behind the front tires they’re going to get destroyed by rock chips.
I have painted on my Rubicon JLU. For me they have held up very well. But I'm still running the stock 33 tires.
I do like the black ones better for the Bronco, gives it a more aggressive look IMO.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As of now hard top is standerd on 2 door and option on 4 door. As for colors carbon gray is standered on 2 door hard top there is an option for body color hard top to match or shadow black painted hard top there might be a white top avaible too. For fender flares it’s either carbon gray or body painted to match if you get the outer banks. We should be able to build our broncos sometime in august on ford website and see prices
Shadow black not on BD and below.

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We've seen pics of black (or dark colored) hard tops and white hard tops. I would think either of those would at least be an option. Not sure on other colors.
BD gives you the option of grey or body color for 4 door.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Found this on the ford website and never noticed it before - white (body color) fender flares.

Ford Bronco Hard top and flare color choices 843342
Color flares blend in well and look good as to the non painted flares. Depends if you're more into the luxury look or rugged look.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well it seems like we have to pay extra to avoid the gray top. The color and texture reminds me of this:

Ford Bronco Hard top and flare color choices 843342
Did anyone see one of these in those design inspiration photos Ford shared?
Sponsored