Sponsored

Hard top Folks wishing they got a Soft Top?

21FE

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wondering how many of you regret the hard top, and not because of any of the quality issues?

When I bought my first Jeep, the day 1 JK for 2007 4 door, I ordered the combo hardtop and soft top. Basically the hard top sat around taking up garage space for a year, then I sold it. NEVER used it.

Now with my FE, I couldnt order both, but sort of wishing I had the soft top instead.
Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
no regrets what-so-ever. For the cold winters of Colorado, a softie is just not realistic. Further, the noise level in the soft top is pretty bad (I am driving a soft top loaner for the past 3 weeks....) and on top of this, only the hard top gives you roof rails with that extra gear capacity.

Any QC issues that may remain, Ford will have to address with warranty repairs/replacements.

The hard top also looks so slick! I am an addicted hard toper!

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No roof rack options for the soft top either. There will be aftermarket available that mount lower but I wouldnā€™t want that to haul a kayak. Plus Iā€™m a two door reservation holder.

OP
OP
21FE

21FE

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
no regrets what-so-ever. For the cold winters of Colorado, a softie is just not realistic. Further, the noise level in the soft top is pretty bad (I am driving a soft top loaner for the past 3 weeks....) and on top of this, only the hard top gives you roof rails with that extra gear capacity.

Any QC issues that may remain, Ford will have to address with warranty repairs/replacements.

THANKS!
You'all just about changed my mind in an instant!

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i have a soft top and Iā€™m actually surprised at how quiet it actually is...I really am not hearing much if any wind noise..when a semi truck goes by it can be loud. My stock GT350 in quiet mode at 65mph much louder at least from the engine noise.

saying that, when I first ordered my Bronco I held out as long as I could to get a hard top, didnt want the MIC top, wanted the MOD but finally settled for MIC and then Soft top to get this year.

While I still am going to get a MOD Top from parts hopefully in 2023, not sure if I would want a ā€œnot quite rightā€œ MIC 2.0 if I was getting a 2022..if Iā€™m getting a 2021 off the Dirt Mtn or getting a delivered 1.0 replacement ..rather have my Bronco with a 2.0 MIC than wait.

As far as cold ( I donā€™t get close to Colorado cold here) but I have remote start, and I can set the temp, the defrost to come on etc., not to mention a heated steering wheel and seats.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problems are purely cosmetic for now (well, mostly). I urge people not to panic. If my top is average, this can be fixed at the dealer..

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have to say that the soft top has been a pleasant surprise. The quality of the cloth is very nice and the functionality of 1/2 open, full open, and rear lift are all great. The mechanicals work great and don't compare to my Jeep experience from years ago. Just yesterday I was on the Interstate and looked down to see I was going 80 and I mentioned to my wife that I couldn't believe we were driving a soft top. Practically no wind noise when closed.
In all honesty, I had my heart set on the MOD top. The softie is the best alternative for me in my mild climate.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problems are purely cosmetic for now (well, mostly). I urge people not to panic. If my top is average, this can be fixed at the dealer..
honestly I donā€™t think a dealer can fix much...these parts are made from a compression mold.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Like you I have an FE (at dealer waiting). I had Dual tops in mind too. I ordered a Bestop Trektop a couple weeks ago that should be in soon. I'll most likely get the top before the Bronco, lol!

https://www.bestop.com/newbronco/

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As much as the quality sucks ballz on the MIC; I'd still get one. I do NOT want a soft top at all. I want something that will outlast the soft top in material and problem free. Too many moving parts on the soft top. And the vinyal will eventually start cracking on it. Better security on the MIC and your talking $$ if you ever have to replace the soft top.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As much as the quality sucks ballz on the MIC; I'd still get one. I do NOT want a soft top at all. I want something that will outlast the soft top in material and problem free. Too many moving parts on the soft top. And the vinyal will eventually start cracking on it. Better security on the MIC and your talking $$ if you ever have to replace the soft top.
just a note..yes better security with hard top, but soft top is not made of vinyl

this is what itā€™s made of

https://www.haartz.com/products/twillfast-rpc

https://www.haartz.com/news/haartz-corporation-participates-detroit-4fest

Meandeane

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model