Sponsored

Hard top Folks wishing they got a Soft Top?

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No regrets at all. MN is too cold for a soft top.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just like every other convertible, the top is not open when it is hot as hell, cold as hell, raining, obscenely humid, or when passengers don’t want their hair messed up. NOTE: This all amplifies, ( except for the messing of available hair) as you age.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Soft top would be more convenient but I prefer look of the hardtop and daily drive ability noise levels. It is much more comfortable.

Sponsored

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wondering how many of you regret the hard top, and not because of any of the quality issues?

When I bought my first Jeep, the day 1 JK for 2007 4 door, I ordered the combo hardtop and soft top. Basically the hard top sat around taking up garage space for a year, then I sold it. NEVER used it.

Now with my FE, I couldnt order both, but sort of wishing I had the soft top instead.
Says the guy in Cali.... Northeast and I'm happy with my hard top. Ill buy a soft by next summer but will be nice in the winter to have the hard. I can't wait to blast this thing in the snow.

jacksonkaiman

Badlands
First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering how many of you regret the hard top, and not because of any of the quality issues?

When I bought my first Jeep, the day 1 JK for 2007 4 door, I ordered the combo hardtop and soft top. Basically the hard top sat around taking up garage space for a year, then I sold it. NEVER used it.

Now with my FE, I couldnt order both, but sort of wishing I had the soft top instead.
Ill trade with you. Done deal

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they offered a metal one piece "non removable" top I would have gotten that.

With temperatures that swing wildly from -40 up to 110 I don't have much use for any openings in the roof grander than a sunroof that can be switched in seconds.

Rear windows that slid open horizontally, like a camper or topper, would have been far more useful. Even my RZR has a solid roof -- wtf do I want to stare at the sky from inside a vehicle for?

Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I loved the soft top on my 4 door, which I sold when I was told my 2 door was being built. I found the noise level to be fine, after all its a soft top if anyone thinks its going to be lexus like quiet you are kidding yourself, I liked knowing I could put it in two positions (all the way down) and that when it rained I had a top. Only down side was in down position it impeded rear view mirror by about 50%, so I could not see tailgaters. That being said the 2 Door soft top available aftermarket will not go down all the way which will suck getting it in and out of garage and it will not feel as open as the 4 door. The downside to the hard top on the 2 door is once it is off you are exposed to the elements should it rain. I don't like that feeling of heading out and not knowing if my car is going to take on a bunch of water if it rains. I got the MGV and washout to help negate some of that concern but I still don't want my 50k bronco getting drenched, looks like they already have enough electrical/mechanical issues I don't need to add to it. Maybe the aftermarket will come up with something better than the current besttop option.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haven’t actually gotten my hard top yet, but don’t like the softie…loud and ugly. But hey, that worked for Liberace.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I could probably get the Bronco sooner with a soft top, but I don't have a garage, the hard top is more secure, and it gets cold in Ohio. 🤷‍♀️

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the hard top looks great. I plan on removing it for the summer and finding some sort of aftermarket soft top solution and then putting the hard top back on for our cold winters. Regrets? Nope. I want the hard top.
Sponsored