Sponsored

Hard top has rain management design to keep water out of cabin when opening door

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I was looking at this pic of the Outer Banks in the other thread.
Noticed something that I hadn't caught before. The edges of the top are higher than the center. That's probably how water is kept from pouring in during a storm. Unlike the channel the Jeeps and Gladiators have that drop water on your lap.

Ford Bronco Hard top has rain management design to keep water out of cabin when opening door F49082AC-7EB5-4180-BF73-8F7E358BE89F

Ford Bronco Hard top has rain management design to keep water out of cabin when opening door E8E9899C-9508-41B4-80C4-C54D3E4D78C2
Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow! Nice catch! Seemed bad to me that they had ignored rain gutters but looks like they didnā€™t.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Noticed something that I hadn't caught before. The edges of the top are higher than the center. That's probably how water is kept from pouring in during a storm. Unlike the channel the Jeeps and Gladiators have that drop water on your lap.

Ford Bronco Hard top has rain management design to keep water out of cabin when opening door E8E9899C-9508-41B4-80C4-C54D3E4D78C2

It's the little things that matter. Every snowstorm I go out and open the door of my car the snow falls off the roof onto the front seat. DOH! When am I going to remember to brush over the door first... Looks Like I won't have to remember with a Bronco.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good to know. Plan on having a hard top parked in the driveway for 10 years (and we donā€™t have a garage). I was a little concerned with leaks over time.

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully there's a groove on top then because the front panel seams run down the middle and with no cross members to hold things up, I hope they found a good way to support everything along with channelling water away.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having spent a few years at a volume Jeep dealer, 90 percent of the leaking top issues are from idiots that donā€™t know how to put the tops back on right, probably 7 percent actual door seal issues and 3 percent the header seal. Not empirical data obviously but a majority of the leaks are self inflicted. 5 years in my wifeā€™s JK, 0 leaks.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully there's a groove on top them because the front panel seams run down the middle and with no cross members to hold things up, I hope they found a good way to support everything along with channelling water away.
Snow is heavy.... interesting thought wonder how it was tested

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Having spent a few years at a volume Jeep dealer, 90 percent of the leaking top issues are from idiots that donā€™t know how to put the tops back on right, probably 7 percent actual door seal issues and 3 percent the header seal. Not empirical data obviously but a majority of the leaks are self inflicted. 5 years in my wifeā€™s JK, 0 leaks.
I never said anything about leaking tops. I said the channel that runs above the door and pours water on your lap when you open the door. Been doing it for years. Should have been fixed years ago.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s good info...13 years in my JK and no leaks either. I thought I just got lucky since people talk like itā€™s inevitable.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thatā€™s good info...13 years in my JK and no leaks either. I thought I just got lucky since people talk like itā€™s inevitable.
Our JK is 3 years old. We've never had the top off and it never leaked until a month before the warranty was about to expire. We had a rainstorm then that completely filled the passenger floorboard with water. Had it to the dealer who swore the fixed it, and the next rainstorm it was full again. People have figured out how to use a $1 piece of weatherstripping to fix this (well known) issue, but for some reason Jeep can't figure out to fix it.

This has been one of the things I've been curious about with the Bronco, so hopefully it's more water tight.
Sponsored