Sponsored

Hard top hoist with 2 contact points (pics)

OP
OP
TXBrian

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is excellent. Thanks for posting. How long are the straps pictured from the Y strap kit (the ones in the photo)? If they are around 2 feet long on either end, could another set of 3 footers for the front slot be used allowing you to throw the middle rood piece on top. I am thinking the longer front straps may help keep the balance.
I got 2 sets, on one they are about 30” overall and the other is about 25” overall.
But I think you could add other straps to balance it out , just a a matter of how to tie it all in together .
Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
love this, so much easier than chasing straps through the trunk and resting on the weatherstripping.

Im thinking maybe a 2x4 or metal tube could be a way to support the straps horizontally so you dont have that ^ taking up some of the distance. if you just attached these flat hooks to the 2x4, they could be like 3" long, and clip the hoist to it.

OP
OP
TXBrian

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
love this, so much easier than chasing straps through the trunk and resting on the weatherstripping.

Im thinking maybe a 2x4 or metal tube could be a way to support the straps horizontally so you dont have that ^ taking up some of the distance. if you just attached these flat hooks to the 2x4, they could be like 3" long, and clip the hoist to it.
That would totally work as well and I had the same thought when working on putting it together.
I actually swapped the straps to slightly shorter ones and picked up another 4-6” of height from the floor.

95BCEA9D-5A94-4B14-8C15-EBCD9A02F976.jpeg

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
looking at this as a donor webbing https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QGDA8Q/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I think I can use both sides to get 2 straps from 1 if I use a wood spanner.

What padding tape did you use on the clips?

edit: just to update, the clip isnt really ideal for it. too sharp of a bend. Im going to try to hammer it out to more of an L vs a U, but not sure I can managed to do this with the tools I have. really need to find a bracket with a 75degree bend that would sit deeper into the groove.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TXBrian

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
looking at this as a donor webbing https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QGDA8Q/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I think I can use both sides to get 2 straps from 1 if I use a wood spanner.

What padding tape did you use on the clips?
I just used some felt backed tape I got off Amazon.
That strap would work, just have to come up with a way to attach it to your cross bar/wood. You could get a buckle to fold the raw end of the strap back over to create a loop. You could also just run some bolts with washers through the strap and a piece of wood. My only concern with using a piece of wood would be it might start warping at some point. Something like unistrut would not have that issue.

Sponsored

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I found a company that custom makes straps and tie downs. The one in the pic was part of a Y harness they sell and I just used part of it.
I also had them make me 2 straps that are 30” long with a flat hook on one end and a 2” ring on the other.
But the 2 rings wouldn’t quite fit on the hook on my winch so I didn’t use them.
They will make whatever size and config you want.
Think I’m going to have them make me one more config shortening the straps to 24” so I can get the top a little higher, joined together with the 2” ring at one end and 2” flat hooks on each of the other ends.
https://customtiedowns.com/search.php?q=11691-G2.5
I ordered the straps from the link and its the wrong one :'-( It's one O ring and one hook sadly. Do you have the link for the O ring and 2 hooks?

OP
OP
TXBrian

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered the straps from the link and its the wrong one :'-( It's one O ring and one hook sadly. Do you have the link for the O ring and 2 hooks?
That link is for the single straps .

You could just order another single strap and then add a caribiner to attach the 2 O rings together. That’s what I ended up with as it was a little shorter than the below option. (24” strap length)

They have a Y strap they sell and you could just cut off the un-needed part. Those are 30” strap length. I also tried this, it was just a little longer strap which put the top a little lower.
https://customtiedowns.com/product2.php?catid=9&parid=6&products_id=7548&catlist=1&store=1

Otherwise, they could custom make it, you just have to email them and tell then what you want. Hope that helps.

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That link is for the single straps .

You could just order another single strap and then add a caribiner to attach the 2 O rings together. That’s what I ended up with as it was a little shorter than the below option. (24” strap length)

They have a Y strap they sell and you could just cut off the un-needed part. Those are 30” strap length. I also tried this, it was just a little longer strap which put the top a little lower.
https://customtiedowns.com/product2.php?catid=9&parid=6&products_id=7548&catlist=1&store=1

Otherwise, they could custom make it, you just have to email them and tell then what you want. Hope that helps.
Ok, awesome thank you!

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here’s a pic of the 2 straps tied together with a shackle.

52102948-9E33-42E0-98FB-50F0A9E8E5ED.jpeg
That'll def work for me! which padding did you use on the hooks?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TXBrian

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That'll def work for me! which padding did you use on the hooks?
Pllieay 1 Pack Felt Tape in Self Adhesive, Polyester Felt Tape Furniture Felt Strips 1.96 inch x 0.04 inch x 14.7 feet for Furniture and Hard Surfaces https://a.co/d/6dgWEU1

OP
OP
TXBrian

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those concerned about hanging by the slots, My Lange Original lift uses them, and I store the panels on top. No issues so far!
Ford Bronco Hard top hoist with 2 contact points (pics) 52102948-9E33-42E0-98FB-50F0A9E8E5ED
But that's a 3 point harness with strut bars.
Sponsored