Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I just saw that the lift i really like does not work for the 2 door (top lift pro)

are there any other free standing lifts that could work?
Sponsored

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
@GToddC5 Do you think its worth buying the topliftpro for the 2 door now or wait for the 2 door version? i saw you post but i still dont understand what you need to do to get it to work. Do you have any more pictures/videos of the process? this will help me out big time. Seems they have no idea when the new lift is shipping and i want to use it this summer

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@GToddC5 Do you think its worth buying the topliftpro for the 2 door now or wait for the 2 door version? i saw you post but i still dont understand what you need to do to get it to work. Do you have any more pictures/videos of the process? this will help me out big time. Seems they have no idea when the new lift is shipping and i want to use it this summer
Sorry, I did not take pictures of spacing the top up using empty boxes. What I had to do was raise the top just high enough for the Top Lift to clear in-between the roof cross bar and the hard top. Since I'm by myself and already own a Top Lift, this worked best for me. On the 2 door, the cross bar is nothing but in the way. The 4 door slants forward more and since the hard top is shorter, the Top Lift works as-is.

If they figure out a dedicated solution for the 2 door, I'll likely buy it and have tow of these things. Now that my Bronco top is being stored on the Top Lift, I have no way to remove and store the top on my FJ40. I'll just keep both of these things stuffed in the back of my garage for 6 months. None of this helps your ultimate question of if you should buy the "wrong" one right now. I personally, would probably wait for the right one to be released (assuming they really are working on one). However, If your biggest problem is storage itself and you don't want to rig up a hoist system, and you have someone that can help you lift the top off and then place it on top of the Top Lift, then it might be worth it to have a rolling adjustable height stand for storage.

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Sorry, I did not take pictures of spacing the top up using empty boxes. What I had to do was raise the top just high enough for the Top Lift to clear in-between the roof cross bar and the hard top. Since I'm by myself and already own a Top Lift, this worked best for me. On the 2 door, the cross bar is nothing but in the way. The 4 door slants forward more and since the hard top is shorter, the Top Lift works as-is.

If they figure out a dedicated solution for the 2 door, I'll likely buy it and have tow of these things. Now that my Bronco top is being stored on the Top Lift, I have no way to remove and store the top on my FJ40. I'll just keep both of these things stuffed in the back of my garage for 6 months. None of this helps your ultimate question of if you should buy the "wrong" one right now. I personally, would probably wait for the right one to be released (assuming they really are working on one). However, If your biggest problem is storage itself and you don't want to rig up a hoist system, and you have someone that can help you lift the top off and then place it on top of the Top Lift, then it might be worth it to have a rolling adjustable height stand for storage.
ya i called them up and asked them if the old lift will accept the "upgrade" to the two door and they didnt really have an answer

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ya i called them up and asked them if the old lift will accept the "upgrade" to the two door and they didnt really have an answer
I imagine they are still trying to solve the problem of getting over that cross bar. Just brainstorming here, but if an adapter was made that enabled the top to be lifted while UNDER the constraint of the cross bar, that would work. But that would mean attaching to the top at the mounting points to the frame, which isn't easy either. My wheels are spinning though . . .

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The setup they have for the Gladiator seems like the way they will have to go for the 2 door. It’s a cherry picker style in that it lifts from above like an engine hoist. I was hoping I could buy the standard one which apparently means muscling the top up a abig for clearance, but if the 2 door version is radically different, we won’t be able to upgrade. Kind of frustrating they’re not getting in gear and making these things.
Ford Bronco Hard top lift for 2 door? (no garage) 1656799378988
Ford Bronco Hard top lift for 2 door? (no garage) 1656799408725
Sponsored