Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I talked to my dealer who had a call with the Ford regional rep. The question that was asked was, “If a customer switches their order to a soft top, will they be able to add a hard top later?”

The answer was, “No, hard tops will not be available from Ford to purchase an accessory.”

So if you want a hard top eventually, you should probably just keep the hard top in your build and pray that your number gets called.

I can’t imagine Ford keeping this the policy forever, but this sucks.
Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guarantee that anyone wanting one after delivery of a soft top is in for a long wait. Unless Ford finds or wants a way to drastically increase production.My guess would be 18 months or better.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some vendor should jump at the opportunity and make an aftermarket alternative

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guarantee that anyone wanting one after delivery of a soft top is in for a long wait. Unless Ford finds or wants a way to drastically increase production.My guess would be 18 months or better.
At least. They won't produce "aftermarket" or replacments until they fill the orders going down the assembly line, which they won't do for a looonnnggg time.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would like to get a hard top down the line since mine will be built in July. I can wait a while but hopefully the aftermarket will come up with a solution faster. I can’t imagine this being a permanent thing if true, but I understand the need to fill all orders that require a hardtop first

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a question of semantics. They will have to sell them through the normal parts channel. Even some people who got one from the factory will need to buy another for a multitude of reasons.

OP
OP
Interstate

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a question of semantics. They will have to sell them through the normal parts channel. Even some people who got one from the factory will need to buy another for a multitude of reasons.
That’s what I said to my dealer. What if somebody gets into an accident, they would have to be able to have a hard top available for that. I think Ford doesn’t want to short 2022 builds that want a hard top. The best solution for Ford is to offer a hard top option later. But that might require them to build another plant.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I talked to my dealer who had a call with the Ford regional rep. The question that was asked was, “If a customer switches their order to a soft top, will they be able to add a hard top later?”

The answer was, “No, hard tops will not be available from Ford to purchase an accessory.”

So if you want a hard top eventually, you should probably just keep the hard top in your build and pray that your number gets called.

I can’t imagine Ford keeping this the policy forever, but this sucks.
my dealer said they would through the parts dept..said won’t be a problem at all..said it would be just like ordering one if a Bronco got involved in an accident. Said could order one and put it with the sale if they have a part number by the time I signed the paperwork ..he did say it Would probably be back ordered...

doesnt matter I’m not changing my order I’m getting a MIC top, but when the MOD tops come out I will order one through parts.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I worked closely with body shops, it wasn't uncommon for there to be no parts available due to limited production, or it was a "hot" vehicle and they didn't have "extras" for collision repair. Wait times could be months and months.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a jeep owner and enthusiast, I've been saying this all along. I'd venture to say late 2022 or into 2023 before someone would have a chance at getting one the way things are going.

If I were a betting man, I'd also venture to say that the mod top built in 2022 or 2023 will somehow differ and mount differently than 2021 MIC tops will.

But the rep could also be referring to that you can't order a hardtop down the road bc you won't have the hardtop plumbing and connections.

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you order a hard top now, you'll not get it for a couple years. Just in time, for when the sun, ozone, and rain are causing the soft top to deteriorate and need replacing. I'm just waiting for my build, with the Modular Hard top. They're going to have plenty of them by this winter, stacked on the skids, being transferred to the Bronco plant

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I worked closely with body shops, it wasn't uncommon for there to be no parts available due to limited production, or it was a "hot" vehicle and they didn't have "extras" for collision repair. Wait times could be months and months.
could be....watched a YouTube for a 2021 Shelby GT500 that hit a deer and got all the parts in 2 weeks...except for a tiny light bezel part took like a month. The hood, the fenders everything and are not common parts with same year Mustangs and it’s much much rarer than a Bronco ...so I don’t think there will be a problem once Webasto gets up and running. Bottom line...Webasto is a cluster ..hopefully Ford helping them with production will get it going.

I seem to remember Ford just rocking it when they made hospital ventilators for Covid ..

this is not Webasto’s first rodeo when making tops, then did a limited production run for jeep modular top..but it was no where near the magnitude in numbers like for the Bronco

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
could be....watched a YouTube for a 2021 Shelby GT500 that hit a deer and got all the parts in 2 weeks...except for a tiny light bezel part took like a month. The hood, the fenders everything and are not common parts with same year Mustangs and it’s much much rarer than a Bronco ...so I don’t think there will be a problem once Webasto gets up and running. Bottom line...Webasto is a cluster ..hopefully Ford helping them with production will get it going.

I seem to remember Ford just rocking it when they made hospital ventilators for Covid ..

this is not Webasto’s first rodeo when making tops, then did a limited production run for jeep modular top..but it was no where near the magnitude in numbers like for the Bronco
I’m in the camp that believes that Webasto will be at full production by June 2022 and it won’t be hard to sell 5,000 through parts.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a jeep owner and enthusiast, I've been saying this all along. I'd venture to say late 2022 or into 2023 before someone would have a chance at getting one the way things are going.

If I were a betting man, I'd also venture to say that the mod top built in 2022 or 2023 will somehow differ and mount differently than 2021 MIC tops will.

But the rep could also be referring to that you can't order a hardtop down the road bc you won't have the hardtop plumbing and connections.
i think when he asked the Rep “will it be an accessory“, the Rep correctly pointed out it’s not ever going to be accessory. But its always been an option through parts. As are all Ford Parts for cars and trucks depending on the last day that car or truck was manufactured.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition