rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my dealer said they would through the parts dept..said won’t be a problem at all..said it would be just like ordering one if a Bronco got involved in an accident. Said could order one and put it with the sale if they have a part number by the time I signed the paperwork ..he did say it Would probably be back ordered...

doesnt matter I’m not changing my order I’m getting a MIC top, but when the MOD tops come out I will order one through parts.
yep back order two years thats what your dealer should have told you because if Ford can't get hard tops for Broncos that they building then how are they going get them for people who ordered them from there local Fords service department
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yep back order two years thats what your dealer should have told you because if Ford can't get hard tops for Broncos that they building then how are they going get them for people who ordered them from there local Fords service department
‘oh for sure ..you won’t see them till 2022..but eventually you Will be able to get through parts

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't this basically the same concept as trying to order the dual tops group which was shut down until the '22 model year?

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't this basically the same concept as trying to order the dual tops group which was shut down until the '22 model year?
Yup, it's why I dropped it and went soft top.

I'll add a hardtop later, maybe white!

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i think when he asked the Rep “will it be an accessory“, the Rep correctly pointed out it’s not ever going to be accessory. But its always been an option through parts. As are all Ford Parts for cars and trucks depending on the last day that car or truck was manufactured.
Correct. You won't see it as a stand-alone vehicle add-on in the accessories catalog. But you can order it as a "part"

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Some vendor should jump at the opportunity and make an aftermarket alternative
The Jeep guys should know this, but there were a handful of aftermarket sellers for hardtops in the CJ/Wrangler heyday. Not just one, several.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It won’t be an accessory, but the parts department will have them. So, he’s not lying when he says it will not be an accessory.

OP
OP
Interstate

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i think when he asked the Rep “will it be an accessory“, the Rep correctly pointed out it’s not ever going to be accessory. But its always been an option through parts. As are all Ford Parts for cars and trucks depending on the last day that car or truck was manufactured.
My sales manager specifically pressed him if I will be able to get a hard top later, they said no. My sales manager brought up the point about buying the MIC top as a part and they said no. At this point I think anybody who is going to get a MIC top is lucky. I think Ford will not be allowing hard tops to be purchased after the main build because they know how far behind they are in making tops and won’t want to short all of the 2022 builds as well as the 2021 builds.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My sales manager specifically pressed him if I will be able to get a hard top later, they said no. My sales manager brought up the point about buying the MIC top as a part and they said no. At this point I think anybody who is going to get a MIC top is lucky. I think Ford will not be allowing hard tops to be purchased after the main build because they know how far behind they are in making tops and won’t want to short all of the 2022 builds as well as the 2021 builds.
Official Ford communication to dealers is that you can’t get a hard top after the fact, but they say this because your vehicle won’t have the connections for the rear wiper and washer… it’ll still bolt up and fit.

(Some jurisdictions require that if a piece of safety equipment is present, like a rear wiper, it must be operable.)

Ford Bronco Hard Top Not Able To Be Added As An Accessory 6BA65E44-5B7D-458D-A678-A4BE54B4D817

(Obviously you’d be able to order the hardtop as a part… for instance if yours is damaged and needs to be replaced.)

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a question of semantics. They will have to sell them through the normal parts channel. Even some people who got one from the factory will need to buy another for a multitude of reasons.
Prime illustration of the fact Ford can't communicate for shit. Another example is covid didn't delay the webasto plant, it was the year's delay in permitting after the property was illegally clear-cut. Ford decided to launch Bronco anyway.

Ford is rapidly approaching the inflection point of Bronco launch going from 'frustrating' and 'inconvenient' >>> no one has sufficient confidence in Ford to buy this vehicle.

And this is the company that thinks they can totally reinvent themselves as an electric vehicle company. The fact that they can't seem to punch their way out of a wet paper bag makes me wonder.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Prime illustration of the fact Ford can't communicate for shit. Another example is covid didn't delay the webasto plant, it was the year's delay in permitting after the property was illegally clear-cut. Ford decided to launch Bronco anyway.

Ford is rapidly approaching the inflection point of Bronco launch going from 'frustrating' and 'inconvenient' >>> no one has sufficient confidence in Ford to buy this vehicle.

And this is the company that thinks they can totally reinvent themselves as an electric vehicle company. The fact that they can't seem to punch their way out of a wet paper bag makes me wonder.
They were being ran by a furniture salesman at the time. Things we’re bound to go wrong. 😂

Ford Bronco Hard Top Not Able To Be Added As An Accessory 1622899576127

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford could put a VIN restriction on ordering the MIC. I have a limited/numbered 911 that if ordering certain replacement parts through the dealer requires VIN verification before ordering.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Makes no business sense. "Switch to a soft top to get your Bronco sooner", but then you are SOL and hosed. You can buy one from Quadratec made by Mopar for your Jeep in the $2500-3000 range.
Sponsored