Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For the 4 door hard top, I’m thinking we could stow the two front pieces in the Rear cargo area and maybe strap down the larger panel to the top of this small rear aftermarket roof rack? What do you think? Obviously it needs to be strapped down with ratchet straps or something that won’t come off. Loosing that piece would make for a really bad day.

What other ideas are you all thinking about doing?

EDIT: the basis of this idea is for the people that will have a hard top on most of the time but might want to go topless for a little while after you’ve already left home.

Ford Bronco Hard Top Panels Onboard Storage BBD8D63B-D615-454D-AF60-3139EFFCFE3B
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So strap the roof to the roof?

I'll admit, I had not considered that as an option . . .
Yep ? I live for n FL where a thunderstorm can show up very quickly without notice. I also have 3 younger kids and a wife that all want a hard top, but will also enjoy the open skies every now and then. So I’ve been trying to think of a solution to being caught out in the rain with the hard tops off.

Sponsored

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the 4 door hard top, I’m thinking we could stow the two front pieces in the Rear cargo area and maybe strap down the larger panel to the top of this small rear aftermarket roof rack? What do you think? Obviously it needs to be strapped down with ratchet straps or something that won’t come off. Loosing that piece would make for a really bad day.

Ford Bronco Hard Top Panels Onboard Storage cords
What poor SOB has to put the Yeti on the roof? I load mine into the bed of my truck every weekend and have to psych myself up for that!

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What poor SOB has to put the Yeti on the roof? I load mine into the bed of my truck every weekend and have to psych myself up for that!
I was laughing hard when I saw those pictures, NO way someone put a loaded Yeti on the roof, empty, sure, but loaded down with ice and beer, no way. Not unless Sasquatch comes to your house and loads your rig, but you would have to have the Sas package for that option i guess...

I want a larger RTIC, but the idea of moving it around...I will just bring 2 coolers I guess.?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yep ? I live for n FL where a thunderstorm can show up very quickly without notice. I also have 3 younger kids and a wife that all want a hard top, but will also enjoy the open skies every now and then. So I’ve been trying to think of a solution to being caught out in the rain with the hard tops off.
I am gonna go with having a fold up bimini top for those situations.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Hard Top Panels Onboard Storage cords
Unfortunately, only one of the attachment points for that rack will exist on the production vehicles. That is a custom one-off for the road shows.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately, only one of the attachment points for that rack will exist on the production vehicles. That is a custom one-off for the road shows.
That attachment point has been in all the pictures so far. Not sure why they would get rid of one in the back when it proves so useful.

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You live in FL - you do not need the hardtop - just get soft - what does your family have against soft tops ?

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i'm waiting for some aftermarket bag/cover for the hard top panels so they won't get damaged. would love to remove the first and second row panels but have them on a roof rack or trunk without worrying about them getting scratched.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most pictures I have seen including ones a couple days ago seem to show all hardtops have 2 clamp slots at the front and rear of the rear hardtop shell. This actually give me hope for a better rook rack for my RTT. It appears that a rack that mounts on the 2 rearward points and the front windshield frame on each side will be a strong setup.
oof-4-door-bronco-sasquatch-roof-off-removed-2-jpg.jpg

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That attachment point has been in all the pictures so far. Not sure why they would get rid of one in the back when it proves so useful.
I love that rack and agree, but there will be only one rear attachment point on each side of the vehicle. Not saying that rack manufacturers won't come out with a solution, but I was told that Ford will not include both attachment points.

Sorry, pretending to work and couldn't find a better example pic. ;)

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most pictures I have seen including ones a couple days ago seem to show all hardtops have 2 clamp slots at the front and rear of the rear hardtop shell. This actually give me hope for a better rook rack for my RTT. It appears that a rack that mounts on the 2 rearward points and the front windshield frame on each side will be a strong setup.
Ford Bronco Hard Top Panels Onboard Storage oof-4-door-bronco-sasquatch-roof-off-removed-2-
I hope you are correct and that the rep I spoke with was wrong. Seems like Ford is wasting an opportunity here.
Sponsored