Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I use a system of eye hooks and cam straps in my garage to to hoist the top off my bronco at home. We are going to the beach for vacation and plan on the bronco being topless and doorless while there. Has anyone had issues with placing their hard top directly on the floor? Just worried because it doesn't sit flush on the ground, it will be resting on the 4 alignment pins and I don't want to risk snapping them off.
Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the larger 2 door hardtop and have it on floor vertically, front of it on the floor, rear glass up. Leveled with some wood blocks. All on cushioned material of course. Amazingly it doesnā€™t take up too much room and you can even store stuff under it.

Sponsored

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you donā€™t have room to carry wood you could just find a hardware store near the beach and buy a couple boards and leave them behind or take some old blankets and put it on those. I was thinking the same the same thing when we go on vacation to the beach next month.

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you donā€™t have room to carry wood you could just find a hardware store near the beach and buy a couple boards and leave them behind or take some old blankets and put it on those. I was thinking the same the same thing when we go on vacation to the beach next month.
This is a good idea. Get an old yoga mat and you can use it for padding, too.

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is probably what I will do. Definitely won't have room to carry wood. But can buy some once we get there. I was hoping by now someone would have come up with a roof rack system for the 2 door that only utilizes the rear part of the hardtop. I have a sunrider, so traditional roof rails are out of the question. But I would still like some way to carry luggage on vacation since the 2 door doesn't offer much for cargo space.

Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another option might be Pool noodles as they are usually easy to find and cheap. You can cut them into whatever size pieces you want and slice them lengthwise so they wrap around the bottom to stay in place.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another option might be Pool noodles as they are usually easy to find and cheap. You can cut them into whatever size pieces you want and slice them lengthwise so they wrap around the bottom to stay in place.
Great idea!

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is probably what I will do. Definitely won't have room to carry wood. But can buy some once we get there. I was hoping by now someone would have come up with a roof rack system for the 2 door that only utilizes the rear part of the hardtop. I have a sunrider, so traditional roof rails are out of the question. But I would still like some way to carry luggage on vacation since the 2 door doesn't offer much for cargo space.
What about a tailgate carrier? Iā€™ve been looking at this one with the waterproof bag. The only thing I donā€™t like is not having access to the rear cargo once itā€™s installed except from the backseat.
Nevlers 500LB Capacity 60x20x6 Trailer Hitch Cargo Carrier Hitch Rack Folding Cargo Carrier Hitch Mount - Waterproof Cargo Bag & Net - Hitch Mount Cargo Carrier Cargo Trailer Tow Hitch Cargo Carrier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XP7L9YV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QDJJF9R0ASCF9TBTP6N1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4 4-6ā€ of 2x4 should fit in the under cargo storage area or even the cubby in the left side if charge area. Itā€™s barely any room to carry and you donā€™t have to hassle with finding it when you get there.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs