First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why does the smaller four door clamshell have two different spots for attaching the roof rack, but the longer 2 door hard top only has one? Hoping to just have bars on the rear clamshell of my future 2 door (see Interactive Garage rendering) I'm sure there will be aftermarket options, but just wondering.

Annotation 2020-08-27 181715.jpg
Sponsored

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mods, can you move to Exterior mods board?

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's 3 mounts in total for roof racks, one on the windshield and the 2 or the rear panel, this so far as I can see was just give more places to mount different sizes racks rather than he forced to do a super long one or super short one

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe because the overall roof length of the four door is longer and you may need a middle support depending on the type of rack and load you are carrying. Seems like they weren’t really considering the racks for rear clamshell only when they made that decision.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd want the A-pillar support for the rack included in any configuration. Placing all the load on the clam shell without the A-pillar sounds like a bad idea.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So far, correct me if Im wrong, but we havent seen a 4 door rack that used both rear mount positions on the 4 door. I hope there is a rack that does this aswell as the fronts. That would give a much better load holding ability. 110/450 pounds is just not enough for us. I hope it gets up to 300/750 with an aftermarket rack. One other thing I just thought though on the 4 door the rear mount could be used for a low profile rear awning of some sort that didnt interfere with the main rack.
Sponsored