Sponsored

Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner - A few important questions!

rbrown6061

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am looking at a Badlands with the hardtop and have a few important questions - in part because I'm a tall guy (6'4" with a really "tall torso") and headroom is ALWAYS an issue in most vehicles...and in part because I wonder about the durability of the headliner as I live in Texas and the sun here is brutal in the summers...

Q1: Does anyone know how the "sound deadening headliner" is applied? I have to assume with some kind of adhesive - therefore not removable - and NOT with something like Velcro? (If adhesive, wondering how it will hold up under high heat.. given the top is black!)

Q2: Anyone have a feel for how thick the headliner is or much headroom the headliner will consume?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am looking at a Badlands with the hardtop and have a few important questions - in part because I'm a tall guy (6'4" with a really "tall torso") and headroom is ALWAYS an issue in most vehicles...and in part because I wonder about the durability of the headliner as I live in Texas and the sun here is brutal in the summers...

Q1: Does anyone know how the "sound deadening headliner" is applied? I have to assume with some kind of adhesive - therefore not removable - and NOT with something like Velcro? (If adhesive, wondering how it will hold up under high heat.. given the top is black!)

Q2: Anyone have a feel for how thick the headliner is or much headroom the headliner will consume?

Thanks!
Unless some savvy PR guys respond to you on social media, we're not going to know the answers to those questions until we start getting Broncos in our driveways.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't know the answers, but there has been several videos of folks pretty tall sitting in the Bronco and I don't think a single one came close to hitting their head.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't know the answers, but there has been several videos of folks pretty tall sitting in the Bronco and I don't think a single one came close to hitting their head.
I recall reading someone's comment who may have been 6' 5" and saying there was still headroom.

OP
OP

rbrown6061

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless some savvy PR guys respond to you on social media, we're not going to know the answers to those questions until we start getting Broncos in our driveways.
I recall reading someone's comment who may have been 6' 5" and saying there was still headroom.
Thanks to all!

Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can’t believe the top itself is $700 and the sound deadener is $500. Crazy.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if Wranglers have this option from factory? And if so how much of a difference does it make?

brewdad

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is a five hundred dollar option for Wrangler and does help with road noise and keeping heat out in the summer.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t believe the top itself is $700 and the sound deadener is $500. Crazy.
The top is $700 because you are giving up the value of the included soft top.

Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know if Wranglers have this option from factory? And if so how much of a difference does it make?
The Mopar/OEM headliners are the factory options for Jeep. They do make a difference. There are other aftermarket options as well, including our Hothead Headliners. Here's a quick comparison video to help give you a better idea.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Mopar/OEM headliners are the factory options for Jeep. They do make a difference. There are other aftermarket options as well, including our Hothead Headliners. Here's a quick comparison video to help give you a better idea.

That is a great video. In this instance, the OEM versions look much nicer and are definitely lower profile. I for one am going with the factory product for the NB.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I grew up in El Paso and San Antonio Texas, I currently live in Las Vegas. Yeah, I know living in the heat. I have used hot head liners in my wrangler and can say they help and have stayed in place where I installed them. They will run about 3/4 - 1” thick. Since nobody has seen the OEM I would guess like the hot heads they are a double adhesive tape.

Ford Bronco Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner - A few important questions! 53048439-A51A-4393-9AE5-64FB4AAF788D

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I grew up in El Paso and San Antonio Texas, I currently live in Las Vegas. Yeah, I know living in the heat. I have used hot head liners in my wrangler and can say they help and have stayed in place where I installed them. They will run about 3/4 - 1” thick. Since nobody has seen the OEM I would guess like the hot heads they are a double adhesive tape.

Ford Bronco Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner - A few important questions! 53048439-A51A-4393-9AE5-64FB4AAF788D
It's funny reading this post directly after LEGEND's.
Sponsored