- back shell off only
- completely topless

1594689254136-png.png

Bronco-Roof-Removed-Badlands-Sasquatch-Cactus-Gray.png

black-2021-bronco-4-door-2-jpg.jpg

1597241388005-png.png
black-2021-bronco-4-door-3-jpg.jpg

1595033444465-png.png

Any idea, if it's drivable in all of these configurations?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This question has come up before and as far as I know, no answer from Ford.

Jdbrew

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I asked a Ford rep at super cel east regarding the 2 door if the front sections can remain on and rear clamshell portion be removed. The answer was it can be but not recommend at higher mph’s, probably best at or under 30 mph. They said the front Sections would only be latched in the front, top of windshield area if the rear was removed.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are going to have warnings all over the place about the safety of the different configurations

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Moab videos show them driving with just the panel over the passenger and driver's seat. Shade on sunny days.

Also saw them with just the drivers panel off. Typical driving configuration...driver and passenger panels off.

The only one I am not sure about is driving with panels over just the back seat on the 4 door. I don't think there is anything to attach to.

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I asked a Ford rep at super cel east regarding the 2 door if the front sections can remain on and rear clamshell portion be removed. The answer was it can be but not recommend at higher mph’s, probably best at or under 30 mph. They said the front Sections would only be latched in the front, top of windshield area if the rear was removed.
That sucks. They could have worked out an attachment for the outside corner of the rear latches to the top bar and had 3 of the 4. :(

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In some videos that are floating around here, it looks like each panel has a latch in all 4 corners. I could be wrong. But if not, that means each panel can be put on quite securely by itself.
It would be a missed opportunity if they don’t allow this.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If this is the case you'll see a few "lost my roof panels on the highway" posts here.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Moab videos show them driving with just the panel over the passenger and driver's seat. Shade on sunny days.

Also saw them with just the drivers panel off. Typical driving configuration...driver and passenger panels off.

The only one I am not sure about is driving with panels over just the back seat on the 4 door. I don't think there is anything to attach to.
I sure hope so. Since the rear window is a swing out and not roll down...I figure I'll just leave the back section off completely until late Fall.

KobeStyle

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for this post. It's nice seeing all of the different photos with the MIC top. Really hoping I can grab that MIC window panel like on the overlander concept. I really don't hate the MIC as much as I thought I would and It doesn't look as cheap as Jeep MIC tops. I actually like the texture it adds to the overall look. I think the $1200 I save from the modular on the 4-door is worth it to put in High pkg instead.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Q: Can we remove the top in different configurations?

Ford: Yes, you can remove the top.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In some videos that are floating around here, it looks like each panel has a latch in all 4 corners. I could be wrong. But if not, that means each panel can be put on quite securely by itself.
It would be a missed opportunity if they don’t allow this.
Yes, but the rear latches attach to the clamshell so only 2 will be available without it on. :(
On the 2-door

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, but the rear latches attach to the clamshell so only 2 will be available without it on. :(
On the 2-door
Yeah, rear panels attach to roll bars and back roof section. If the back roof seection is off then they only attach to roll bars and will fly off.

The front panels attach to the roll bars and the front windshield section where the aux switches are. Those should be fine.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, rear panels attach to roll bars and back roof section. If the back roof seection is off then they only attach to roll bars and will fly off.

The front panels attach to the roll bars and the front windshield section where the aux switches are. Those should be fine.
IF the front (only) panels on the 2-door are secure enough to drive at speed without the clamshell I would be very happy. Unfortunately I don't think it will be. :(

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On the 2-door
It looked like to me that all panels also attach to the side rails and in addition, to each other. Maybe?????

Maybe this really bad diagram will help me explain. The red circles are my assumed latch points and the yellow are the roof pieces.

Ford Bronco Hard top varying roof configurations A89015BB-A993-4EF7-9672-E89428180CB6
Sponsored

Last edited: