Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So i was reading threads on top modulation, decided to find answers on the ford website. I viewed more info on the top availability and found some inconsistencies. What are your thoughts?
Ford Bronco Hard Top vs Soft Top standards removable to
Sponsored

takethecannoli

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Information elsewhere supports the idea of the latter. 2-door is hard top only, 4-top has both but comes with soft top standard.

Some ā€œinsiderā€ said that the aftermarket will cover the soft top for the 2-door at some point.

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Information elsewhere supports the idea of the latter. 2-door is hard top only, 4-top has both but comes with soft top standard.

Some ā€œinsiderā€ said that the aftermarket will cover the soft top for the 2-door at some point.
very strange ford isn't soft-topping the 2 door themselves...

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So i was reading threads on top modulation, decided to find answers on the ford website. I viewed more info on the top availability and found some inconsistencies. What are your thoughts?
Ford Bronco Hard Top vs Soft Top standards removable to
Hard top on 2. Soft top on 4. Says so in 100 places. This is a typo

mismith

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Jeep JKU, 1992 Jeep YJ, ā€˜71 F100, ā€˜02 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Topic has been beat to death already. Itā€™s got to be about the stupidest decision Ford could have ever made on the 2 door.

Iā€™ve talked about this with untold amounts of people. I Always get the same reaction ā€œNo soft top on the 2 door, WHAT! Thatā€™s stupid, Why?ā€

Ford wonā€™t get my money unless itā€™s offered factory. Iā€™ve already made up my mind. Not going to shell out that much for a 2 door Badlands Sasquatch and then have to wait and hope for an aftermarket solution.

Sponsored

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Topic has been beat to death already. Itā€™s got to be about the stupidest decision Ford could have ever made on the 2 door.

Iā€™ve talked about this with untold amounts of people. I Always get the same reaction ā€œNo soft top on the 2 door, WHAT! Thatā€™s stupid, Why?ā€

Ford wonā€™t get my money unless itā€™s offered factory. Iā€™ve already made up my mind. Not going to shell out that much for a 2 door Badlands Sasquatch and then have to wait and hope for an aftermarket solution.
i canā€™t remember the last time I saw a Jeep with a soft top (granted Iā€™m not out off roading, just regular highway, city, and neighborhood driving so that demo could be different )They all seem to have hard tops these days. I think itā€™s a smart move to offer the hard top standard and think it should be standard on the 4 dr as well.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i canā€™t remember the last time I saw a Jeep with a soft top (granted Iā€™m not out off roading, just regular highway, city, and neighborhood driving so that demo could be different )They all seem to have hard tops these days. I think itā€™s a smart more to offer the hard top standard and think it should be standard on the 4 dr as well.
You need to either get out more, or pay closer attention. About 50/50 here in Chicago area.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had two dual top JKUs. Hard tops have sat in the yard. Make great kid forts $1000 obo ?

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think in my area they just arenā€™t popular. Itā€™s 100+ in the summer and cold in the winter. Even the dealerships are about 90% hard top around here. I see a few soft tops, but itā€™s usually high schoolers with older model jeeps.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had two dual top JKUs. Hard tops have sat in the yard. Make great kid forts $1000 obo ?
For me it is a seasonal thing and the heat broke about three weeks again in NC: I am past due for the biannual swap to soft top!

Sponsored

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
are there any pics of 4dr bronco's with soft tops? i just did a quick google image search and can only find the test mules with soft tops.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know that if you opt for the hardtop that you don't get the soft top?

Or is there like a credit for taking one or the other? Like is the hard top cheaper if you forgo the soft top?

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For me it is a seasonal thing and the heat broke about three weeks again in NC: I am past due for the biannual swap to soft top!
I'm in MA, got tired of trying to turtling "freedom"hard aka heavy as eff hard top between seasons. Kept soft top on over one winter, never went back lol.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone know that if you opt for the hardtop that you don't get the soft top?

Or is there like a credit for taking one or the other? Like is the hard top cheaper if you forgo the soft top?
From my understanding, if you get the hard top, you donā€™t get the soft top. The only way to get both tops is to go with the dual top option. I could be wrong though.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you get a hard top, then you don't get a soft top. To get both a soft top and a hard top, you'll need to get the dual tops option.

edit: d'oh, answered above already
Sponsored