First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love this truck. However, when I get to highway speeds it feels and sounds like I have a window(s) cracked somewhere.
It is definitely coming from the rear of the vehicle. I would guess coming from the 3rd piece that requires tools to remove.
I have not removed it yet to check for leaks. I probably need to ride in the back with my wife driving and check for airflow.
Others experience this? Any way to fix it? Seems like the gaskets should keep the wind out.
Sponsored

Mchl22

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5 Sportback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love this truck. However, when I get to highway speeds it feels and sounds like I have a window(s) cracked somewhere.
It is definitely coming from the rear of the vehicle. I would guess coming from the 3rd piece that requires tools to remove.
I have not removed it yet to check for leaks. I probably need to ride in the back with my wife driving and check for airflow.
Others experience this? Any way to fix it? Seems like the gaskets should keep the wind out.
Mine at higher speeds starts whistling from the back. Haven't had a chance to mess with it.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, louder then my jk unlimited. starts at 45 mph. it is what it is. as long as it dont leak in the rain, i'll be okay with it.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I clean my seals regularly and it helps a lot. Not all the way, but I can notice when they are dirty. I'm also investigating.

OP
OP
MRuby

MRuby

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So far my best guess is it is coming through the rear windows at high speed. The window don't have a frame. The glass just pushes against the seals which doesn't make a very tight fit when the wind is whipping by at 70 mph.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah man, over 55 mine is noisy. I knew it would be, so I don't care, but my wife said nope, not for her. I'm also not daily driving mine, so that helps. I do wonder how cross country trips are going to be though.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious to know how many Bronco owners are first time removable roof or convertible owners? Removable and convertibles have never been as quiet as a hard top. I am so old, I remember when AC was a high dollar option, and the vast majority drove with the windows down while listening to the AM radio. The noise from open windows never seemed to be an issue. Today, with every car having AC, folks get annoyed by the noise from open windows interrupting the stereo sound. How soft we have become. Lol

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So far my best guess is it is coming through the rear windows at high speed. The window don't have a frame. The glass just pushes against the seals which doesn't make a very tight fit when the wind is whipping by at 70 mph.
Both my corvettes have frameless windows and they don’t do that well into the 100’s. Aerodynamics probably plays a part.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah man, over 55 mine is noisy. I knew it would be, so I don't care, but my wife said nope, not for her. I'm also not daily driving mine, so that helps. I do wonder how cross country trips are going to be though.
On my 13 hour trip home I did notice the noise but it was really only annoying when I took a phone call around 80 mph. There's one huge gap between the top and the B pillar that might benefit from an extra seal but I'm not sure what to expect from a top like this since I haven't been in a Wrangler in 20 years. I need to do some highway testing with masking tape. :)

OP
OP
MRuby

MRuby

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I plan on having the top off most of the summer anyway (can't wait for May). Still quieter than my wranglers were. By the way, taking the doors off isn't as easy as I was hoping. They are pretty heavy (which means safer than a wrangler). Harder to line up the bolts than my wrangler was. I also noticed if you don't tighten the top bolt enough, the door makes a loud clicking noise when you open/close it. Maybe a safety feature to warn you the bolt isn't tight.

Sponsored

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Curious to know how many Bronco owners are first time removable roof or convertible owners? Removable and convertibles have never been as quiet as a hard top. I am so old, I remember when AC was a high dollar option, and the vast majority drove with the windows down while listening to the AM radio. The noise from open windows never seemed to be an issue. Today, with every car having AC, folks get annoyed by the noise from open windows interrupting the stereo sound. How soft we have become. Lol
I don’t disagree but I feel like it’s an understandable complaint considering the price of this vehicle. Both tops just feel very cheap for the price.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm old too. I remember when A/C, power steering, power brakes, and cruise control was considered a "loaded" vehicle.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm old too. I remember when A/C, power steering, power brakes, and cruise control was considered a "loaded" vehicle.
My 1970 MACH 1 has power steering, power brakes, AC and intermittent wipers. Talk about being loaded. Lol
Sponsored