First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Obviously a base Sasquatch is hands down the cheapest way to go for an extremely capable vehicle. But is anyone here planning on just getting a base and solid axle swapping the front from the get go And building it through the aftermarket.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Someone else can be the Guinnea pig for that one.... SAS may come down the line 10+ years from now if it becomes a dedicated crawler but ripping out the brand new suspension seems kinda dumb

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone else can be the Guinnea pig for that one.... SAS may come down the line 10+ years from now if it becomes a dedicated crawler but ripping out the brand new suspension seems kinda dumb
"Kinda dumb" lol.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The newer vehicles are filled with basically electronically linked parts, I would imagine, trying to replace anything as major as a front end would require you to know and be able to update the firmware of the chips in order to get any of the GOAT modes to even work or recognize new parts.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shouldn't you just buy a Jeep?
It actually might be cheaper too since you aren't swapping suspension, parts and electronics etc. I would be a bit sad to see someone butcher the Bronco after it just got released into the wild?

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if you are going to mod the crap out of it and throw the warranty out the window right away, you are better off getting a used jeep as a project build. imo, you are either building a dedicated extreme off roader, or just upgrading parts from stock.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Obviously a base Sasquatch is hands down the cheapest way to go for an extremely capable vehicle. But is anyone here planning on just getting a base and solid axle swapping the front from the get go And building it through the aftermarket.
Personally, I wouldn't go that route with a brand new vehicle. (Unless cash is no impediment.) Only with some older vehicle having established live axle upgrade options (such as some Toyota pickups going IFS to live axle). Otherwise if you like live axle - Jeep is ready with the new/used Wrangler.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No doubt some will be doing the swap. The next SEMA show will be packed with big Bronco builds. Myself I am very excited to see what the aftermarket has in store. Personally I am more interested in a long travel setup for high speed fun. The Roadster Shop builds a killer chassis for the early Bronco. https://roadstershop.com/product/full-chassis/1966-77-bronco-chassis/

OP
OP
Evanks

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lame

Boxmonkey

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a new bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t understand why you’d want to do this to a brand new vehicle. Unless you’ve got “because I can” money I’d say buy something else to go that far with.
Sponsored